The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Personally, I would prefer to be just a "simple ranger". No additional flavours needed. ;) Err ... one with a bow, I should add ;) , not a "tempest" or any kind of close range fighter. I've had quite a lot of that with Grimma.

Regarding a trapper ... I have alwys bad feelings telling me that "I HAVE to be online because everyone else relies on me !" ... The pressure to "have to play [because they need me]" would not be something I'd like.
I prefer fighting Rugues (like with Alrih last time).
I don't remember having played an Artificer ... I have one, but he is my crafter and at level 11 now.

Besides, during mid May I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks. We have a rule here where I work that we have to take once 2 weeks of free time / vacation time.
I decided to use the middle of May for that, because I figured that it would be right before the summer heat (which usually begins in June here).

Personally, I would prefer to be just a "simple ranger". No additional flavours needed. ;) Err ... one with a bow, I should add ;) , not a "tempest" or any kind of close range fighter. I've had quite a lot of that with Grimma.

Regarding a trapper ... I have alwys bad feelings telling me that "I HAVE to be online because everyone else relies on me !" ... The pressure to "have to play [because they need me]" would not be something I'd like.
I prefer fighting Rugues (like with Alrih last time).
I don't remember having played an Artificer ... I have one, but he is my crafter and at level 11 now.

Besides, during mid May I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks. We have a rule here where I work that we have to take once 2 weeks of free time / vacation time.
I decided to use the middle of May for that, because I figured that it would be right before the summer heat (which usually begins in June here).
Don't feel so obligated; this is meant to be fun; if playing a trapper with the group makes you feel obligated, then don't worry about it. Push come to shove, the VIPs can alternate grabbing a trapper hire as needed, until Froggo/Ratty are available. Done that pleanty of times.

Always play what you find fun. You aren't Corwin so we won't tease you about playing Cleric.

Corwin still needs to play a Cleric though :D

You do realise that you are contradicting yourself by wanting me to play a Cleric and the advice you give Alrik to have fun. I can GUARANTEE that having me play a Cleric will not be fun for ANYONE!!!!

Well, we should respect the old man's wishes. ;) He can run a FvS instead. Actually, he might enjoy a radiance nuker. I ran one with the group several lives ago and it did well, plus the extra mana might help with him always running dry.

edit- sure the advice is different. We like Alrik... :D

You do realise that you are contradicting yourself by wanting me to play a Cleric and the advice you give Alrik to have fun. I can GUARANTEE that having me play a Cleric will not be fun for ANYONE!!!!
It will amuse the rest of us. So... :p

Well, we should respect the old man's wishes. ;) He can run a FvS instead. Actually, he might enjoy a radiance nuker. I ran one with the group several lives ago and it did well, plus the extra mana might help with him always running dry.

edit- sure the advice is different. We like Alrik... :D
To be fair, again my last two Cleric lives have no spent much time healing anyway; mostly I nuked the crap out of stuff with Chain Lightning/Firestorm respectively. Except for VON6 where I died instantly.

Are we running the current main toons to 30? Then my paladin will remain at epic when we hit 20. I have my sorcerer at 25 and can quickly get him to ETR + TR and start him for the next run. So it will either be a sorcerer or paladin I bring for the next run.

I might bring one of my 30s down to 1 and run him as a paladin too if we really need a melee for the next group. It depends on the plans for the next group. If we want to run stuff where we need different stat types like VON 6 we need melees. If we're mostly running new stuff then my sorcerer is just as good.

I can run a Cleric, I need to ER then TR her. I was planning on doing it as she needs the past lives badly. Or I can run her as a rogue to get that past life done. Let me know which you prefer. She is ready to ER.

Last edited:
Corwin as a Favoured Sould is something I had thought of myself.With his spells he could do damage & do some backup heaking at the same time, I guess ...
There are so many enhancement trees these days I'm not quite sure what to use myself these days, too.

I can run a Cleric, I need to ER then TR her. I was planning on doing it as she needs the past lives badly. Or I can run her as a rogue to get that past life done. Let me know which you prefer. She is ready to ER.
So, it's an Emergency Room Cleric ? ;)

Are we running the current main toons to 30? Then my paladin will remain at epic when we hit 20. I have my sorcerer at 25 and can quickly get him to ETR + TR and start him for the next run. So it will either be a sorcerer or paladin I bring for the next run.

I might bring one of my 30s down to 1 and run him as a paladin too if we really need a melee for the next group. It depends on the plans for the next group. If we want to run stuff where we need different stat types like VON 6 we need melees. If we're mostly running new stuff then my sorcerer is just as good.
Dropping these at 20 since we went to 30 last life.

Probably won't run VON next time around. We punted on ToEE and Slavers this time around so we'll probably try and catch them next life. Might need to drop Slavers if we don't get 2 good trap monkeys--not a complaint, just an observation. I've actually started thinking about whether I could put together a Book that didn't really need much in the way of trapper skills. As long as we had good search skills, we could still pick up the hiddens. Might lose a few junk chests without open locks (knock only goes so far) but that's not the end of the world either.

Following up on the above...everyone can bring what they want. If we end up with a suboptimal party mix, it wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last. Most of us at this point have enough past lives racked up to push thru most of the content solo in a pinch so we'll figure it out. Working around some role holes might be fun anyway.

So, to summarize:
Alrik - vanilla ranger (presumably with search and spot)
dte - charming bard with pointy sticks
Az - pyro warlock
Peter - fire sorc
Corwin - waiting for a clue
CM - depends on which of her 400 toons she brings around
JM - depends on which of her 600 toons she brings around

Also keep in mind that we've got a good month before this actually has to be decided and implemented.

Last edited:
Spot is something I'd be happy to contribute.
I'm unsure whether I would try out Horizon Walker or Falconry ... or at least put a few points into them...

Slight change of plans. Based on the bit of extra running we did, those that have 17 CAN take it. We'll be jumping to lvl15 content next session. We've got Lost at Sea, Sharn1, and maybe a surprise up next.

I'll be out in 2 weeks. Last of the Wild Dogs walks her Bachelors' so we'll be travelling Friday to be on campus Saturday morning.

Grats to the youngest. I remember them being babies. OMG does that mean I am getting old? :eek:

yeah.. gotta face it sometime. oh yeah, btw, what lvl you want to start next run at?

Looks like we'll be hitting 20 in about 4 weeks, 5 tops, at the rate we're going, accounting for even a break.

I'm going ahead and bringing Aerie around as a pyromaniac.
JM, did that random rogue post mean you're bringing around as a robber? :p

well... yeah.

Gonna bring the cleric, get her a racial life and the ED. Corwin, check the April freebee message on DDO site. It will be a free pack. Check if you can get one once the game comes up. Long downtime so might be a long update too.

First, I don't see any messages about free stuff, and second, since the update the DDO store is not working for me; all I get is a blank black page!!

Back
Top Bottom