The TV Series discussion thread

Anyone watching "Channel Zero" or "Aftermath" on SyFy or however they spell that channel now?

Of the two, Channel Zero is good; Aftermath is cheesy but watchable.

Dunno what that is. Are. I do watch SyFy sometimes (IPTV).

The last walking dead episode was hard to watch. I hope this isn't the way the rest of the season is going to be. I need to see some push back from Rick and the gang.

Also seems weird that they keep saying they need to just accept that this is how life is now. There's nothing stopping them from moving on. I doubt negan would chase them from state to state.

To me it makes absolutely no sense. These guys have the means to turn her into a jellyfish with the touch of a button, and yet act like they're her slaves.

They can't do anything to her because then they'd have to explain why they were interacting with her in the first place. If you've been paying attention, those guys seem deathly afraid of their superiors.

Also seems weird that they keep saying they need to just accept that this is how life is now. There's nothing stopping them from moving on. I doubt negan would chase them from state to state.

I don't know about that. Negan seems to go to great lengths to keep what he thinks is his. He sent an entire posse just to hunt down Dwight and his wife and sister in law last season.

They can't do anything to her because then they'd have to explain why they were interacting with her in the first place. If you've been paying attention, those guys seem deathly afraid of their superiors.

I don't know about that. Negan seems to go to great lengths to keep what he thinks is his. He sent an entire posse just to hunt down Dwight and his wife and sister in law last season.

Well Dwight stayed in the area and he went back to negan. Negan didn't capture him, although he might have if Daryl hadn't saved them only to be double crossed.

Ricks group could have days head start before negan knew they were gone. Tracking people across 100's of miles in that world seems unlikely but it wouldn't do the ratings any favors by having them just run away.

After 7 episodes, I'm convinced Westworld is easily the best new show on television. Last night's episode surprised me in way that no show has in a long time.

That was a bit of a shock!

I am also enjoying Westworld and Anthony Hopkins is great in all his roles. I will watch episode 7 tonight.

After episode 7 though Anthony Hopkins is back to playing type. I am disappointed in that.

I stopped loving Westworld with the whole thing about the technicians being scared of the host. I'm still watching it, but I don't care for their writers.

The technicians aren't (just) scared though. She lampshaded what was going on. Felix and Sylvester have their own agendas and she's manipulating them. Felix is more talented than his job let's him be, especially Sylvester who bullies him down. Sylvester is seeing an opportunity to make money. Everyone who works for the park seems to be ambitious beyond themselves.

But, yes on the writing. Its seems schizophrenic. Its incredibly deep with its PhilpKDickensian themes with all sorts of characters trying to find something bigger than themselves. On the other side, its incredibly simple minded and banal and I don't know if Dr. Ford lampshades this and the writing problems they had during production when he rejected the head of story development for his own new direction.

I mean, Dr Ford himself has suddenly become less interesting even as the story gains more focus.

I'm watching How to Get Away with Murder.
It's not bad, not great.
It's a masterpiece with a few silly scenes. Mustwatch before dying.

But I'm posting because another show.
BBC means quality, right? Well…

Class is Doctor Who spinoff and fans would expect some good stuff like Torchwood:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5079788/

The show puts a team into a sort of adventures.
First thing you'll get irritated with there is at least one white person, one black but not one asian - this is not UK and not USA show so instead of asian it's indian (colonies whatnot). Actors talent? Who cares, it's skin color that matters.
Writing is lower than lowest CW garbage, not only everything is unbelievable, it's idiocy over idiocy mashed together into an unbearable to watch mosaic. Actors talent? Poor sods with that script just can't show any!
Visuals and CGI are almost horrible. Somewhere are lacking, somewhere are over the top and dragged too much in aim to make your eyes hurt. Actors talent? I'm not even sure how can anyone visualize the planned effects in this show and act according to it.
Oh and yeah. It's minors that have sex, there is also gay sex, probably over time there'll be an orgy or two, but what matters to the show with probably 10-13 years old (impaired) target audience is that they use condoms.

Where to watch? On BBC, any cable/IPTV channel under contract with them or on Amazon rental (pick cheaper SD version if you want to try it):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trailer/dp/B01LZ35DPT/

After 5 episodes I can put only a thumb down on this thing. 1/10 only because of those actors, it took guts to accept being involved in this bullshit. Shame on you BBC. Leave political corectness cretinism to Hollywood please and don't underestimate your existing audience. The most important thing in a scifi/fantasy TV show is - condoms? Wouldn't believe if I didn't see.

Recommended only for those who's plan is to lower their IQ. For everyone else, forget you've even heard about this rubbish.

Except they did just that? They raised all her stats when she asked them, if they were going to mess with the stats, why not lower them instead?

I don't think it's a masterpiece, in part for some very silly scenes as you mentioned (which aren't few), but also because of some parts being under/over-acted depending on the characters.

For example Connor goes from being a madman to a crying annoying person to a I don't care about life anymore way too fast. I understand the transitions as what he's lived through is crazy but his transitions happened way too fast for me (just one example).

Class looks just as godawful as the rest of the modern Doctor Who output. And I wouldn't take the BBC as a sign of quality. They do some things well, but they make plenty of cheap drivel, too.

Watched Penny Dreadful and Stranger Things.
Penny Dreadful... well... the civilized lovers thing is especially interesting for the female part of mankind. It was OK for me, though sometimes too much in the mix.
Stranger Things: Well done, I liked it, nice 80s setting.
Currently into "The night of", 5 of 8. My prediction is that he indeed is the murder.

My TV series Crown is still at Fargo/GoT.

The last walking dead episode was hard to watch. I hope this isn't the way the rest of the season is going to be. I need to see some push back from Rick and the gang.

I won't give away spoilers here but if they are following the comic Rick is waiting for his chance. The show follows the comic about 50% so I have no idea. They are making Negan worse in the TV show then comic. In the comic if you did what he said he seemed pretty fair. The TV show even if you do what he says he is still an asshole. He was an asshole in the comics but they are kicking it up a notch.

Except they did just that? They raised all her stats when she asked them, if they were going to mess with the stats, why not lower them instead?

Because at that point they thought they were going to profit from her in some way without their bosses finding out.

"Channel Zero: Candle Cove" is a six-part miniseries on SyFy based off of a popular internet "Creepypasta" fiction story, or basically short horror stories that were written and disseminated via internet.

This particular Creepypasta story was about a bunch of kids who were on internet forums much like this one talking about a show they remembered from their youth, "Candle Cove" - a show that ran in the early 80's for just a few months, but all the kids seemed to recall.

The story goes on to tell that the kids - now adults - asked their parents about the show and every single person reported the same thing... their parents all said, "Oh, that crazy show you made up? It was just static, you and your friends would sit in front of the TV and watch static, it was creepy. You pretended it was a show called Candle Cove with pirates and such."

Except all the adults have vivid memories of the show...

Now, imagine adding a bunch of really creepy stuff to that little story, some small-town "who done it" murders that were never solved, and a child psychologist who may or may not be insane.

That's "Channel Zero: Candle Cove" - and it was a cool little miniseries I highly recommend. If you like everything answered and neatly tied up, you'll probably hate this; one of the foreshadowing lines in the first episode is when the protagonist tells his friend, "You got questions? Get used to it."

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
Ok, had to abandon Westworld, the whole "Theresa the pimp overlord" killed the series for me.

Back
Top Bottom