The TV Series discussion thread

Did they ever actually say the giant's name or is that just from the books? I don't remember hearing it during any episode.

A couple of small details bugged me about the battle.

When Snow's forces were surrounded by the tower shield & spear battalion. Those were some slow-moving troops, yet they were able to surround Snow's army before they realized what was happening. I thought that was a bit unrealistic.

Also, when Snow was charging in alone with all those archers firing on him. It's amazing that only 1 arrow grazed him while his horse was turned into a pincushion. :)

I agree it was a great battle overall though. It ranks right up there with Braveheart, etc.

I hope they burn all those corpses before the Night King shows up and recruits them all into his army. Ever since Summer was slaughtered, winter has been getting closer and closer.

Nice climactic episode! I also think the scenes with Danaerys and the ships were pretty cool. Battle had me cringing a lot, which is a good thing, I suppose. ;)

And I agree Jon Snow seemed particularly dumb.

That little smile of Sansa's at the end was a bit disturbing wasn't it? Her character's growth (and Arya's) through the show while surviving is something that keeps me engaged. Though both getting hardened is rather sad. Jamie's softening is interesting.

Last edited:
About Sansa's change in attitude, perhaps she'll be the Lady Stoneheart for the tv version instead of her mother. It would make sense, considering what has happened to her over the course of the show. There is little to no chance that she's endured all this without some significant damage. Personally, Catelyn always scared me more than Ned ever did.

Well, while I do think there are some cool scenes, especially with the dragons, I have to say I found it ridiculous how they turned game of thrones into standard Hollywood crap. Complete with "Hollywood" arrows, those that will never hit the hero, but everything else, people running like crazy when they should be dying from their wounds. On the second arrivals, and it goes on and on.

The main strength of the game of thrones books was that it was not full of that crap, people were not superheroes, they could die just like everyone else, they did not survive rains of arrows, rescue did not show up in the absolute last minute to save the heroes, people died when they were supposed to die, and not survive no matter how many wounds they got.

Sad.

Good episode but my only disappointment was that Ghost didn't get to kill Ramsey!

Also this...

rsntjQM.jpg

Last edited:
Well, while I do think there are some cool scenes, especially with the dragons, I have to say I found it ridiculous how they turned game of thrones into standard Hollywood crap. Complete with "Hollywood" arrows, those that will never hit the hero, but everything else, people running like crazy when they should be dying from their wounds. On the second arrivals, and it goes on and on.

The main strength of the game of thrones books was that it was not full of that crap, people were not superheroes, they could die just like everyone else, they did not survive rains of arrows, rescue did not show up in the absolute last minute to save the heroes, people died when they were supposed to die, and not survive no matter how many wounds they got.

Sad.

That part actually make sense in Got since it was Little finger who is leading them and he would do that at the last minute. He is now the boss of both Vale and North since both Bolton and Snow armies are pretty much gone and no one can really oppose him.

That part actually make sense in Got since it was Little finger who is leading them and he would do that at the last minute. He is now the boss of both Vale and North since both Bolton and Snow armies are pretty much gone and no one can really oppose him.

Ok, for that one… but I had many more such an examples from earlier. Probably would be nice with a spoiler tag for that BTW :)

The lords of the north would never ever follow Petyr, he may have an army but he has absolutely no standing whatsoever in the north. At best he's an upjumped Tully ward, at worse he's a despicable brothel/slum lord owner. He should be cleaning sewers as that would be his first best destiny.

The lords of the north would never ever follow Petyr, he may have an army but he has absolutely no standing whatsoever in the north. At best he's an upjumped Tully ward, at worse he's a despicable brothel/slum lord owner. He should be cleaning sewers as that would be his first best destiny.

For a starters, the north didn't remember in the last episode!

Man, I feel so sorry for the people who don't watch Game of Thrones. Holy... Fucking... Shit.

That was really an incredible episode. I feel like they almost tried to do too much for a single episode, but they somehow pulled it off. It's going to be a long wait for season 7.

Been moaning about the slowness of this season..... Well the last 2 eps have put me in my place. That was indeed good viewing.

Best episode for me in the series? No, but certainly best season finale so far, imo.

Only two things surprised me, where Arya showed up and what the King did. I thought maybe he and his queen would "brave robin" themselves off to Highgarden at some point but that wasn't meant to be. Next season, winter is here and the Starks are regaining power. Sucks to be a Lannister really soon!

Just want to throw in a new show I found recently called Containment
It's about a disease outbreak in a city district which is then closed down. Somewhat of a mini apocalypse - no zombies involved. ^^
9 Episode so far and I love it.

re GoT. Nice finale! I'm sure JDR is happy we convinced him to give it another try. :) I really liked the last scene with the ships.

A few surprises, but the much anticipated reveal about Jon's parentage leaves me thinking... Does this make him more legitimate in his new role or less? I think it makes him less, and Sansa should be the queen of the north? Nice counterbalance.

Another prediction came true, of Cersei turning full crazy evil. I am imagining Jamie will have to put her down so he will become Kin and King -slayer in one.

Back
Top Bottom