The TV Series discussion thread

I'm starting Band of Brothers. I've never seen it.
As @Redglyph says, it and its companion series are superb.
I introduced my son to it late last year. Still excellent. Sometime soon we'll start The Pacific.

That's right where I am, Shagnak, I'll likely check out episode five shortly. And anyone that's watching Band of Brothers as well as the Pacific is in for two glorious treats, both are favourites of mine.

I'm watching the Fallout TV series (I paused in the middle of the 7th episode, will watch it later today), but there's a thing I am not getting. I'll post my doubt in spoiler tags:

At the start of the series, we have the info that it will pass 200 years after the bombs fell. Well... Lucy and Maximus arrive in Shady Sands and he says he remembers when the bombs fell !?!? Maximus even remembers when he was a kid and got out that fridge, Indiana Jones-style, and of course that bombing didn't happen 200 years ago because Maximus himself isn't 200 yrs-old. Or was Shady Sands recently bombed again (which I don't believe so) ??
I understand that Coop, being a ghoul now, maybe he doesn't age or, at least, he doesn't age like us, so 200 years after the war he may very well be walking around in the USA.
The same doubt applies to Moldaver, who Coop met in a pre-war time (unless the show explains she's also a ghoul, which I don't believe she is).
Again, I have yet to watch the second half of the 7th episode + the final one.

I just ask my doubt to be answered without spoilers :thumbsup:

The whole point of Lucy walking around with her vault uniform on is that she has been taught (brainwashed) her whole life to believe it's their job to rebuild America and that everyone on the surface will support that effort (savior complex). She doesn't understand sarcasm, or that everyone above sees vault dwellers as a punchline.

Her unwillingness to "catch on" and believe that people are crap is exactly the point of her character.

I think she's great...

I guess that's one way of looking at Lucy, my way up through the fourth episode has been that she's entirely clueless. Even after being exposed to new folks and environments, adapting or making any change seems simply beyond her, and to me that doesn't denote intelligence.

I'm watching the Fallout TV series (I paused in the middle of the 7th episode, will watch it later today), but there's a thing I am not getting. I'll post my doubt in spoiler tags:

At the start of the series, we have the info that it will pass 200 years after the bombs fell. Well... Lucy and Maximus arrive in Shady Sands and he says he remembers when the bombs fell !?!? Maximus even remembers when he was a kid and got out that fridge, Indiana Jones-style, and of course that bombing didn't happen 200 years ago because Maximus himself isn't 200 yrs-old. Or was Shady Sands recently bombed again (which I don't believe so) ??
I understand that Coop, being a ghoul now, maybe he doesn't age or, at least, he doesn't age like us, so 200 years after the war he may very well be walking around in the USA.
The same doubt applies to Moldaver, who Coop met in a pre-war time (unless the show explains she's also a ghoul, which I don't believe she is).
Again, I have yet to watch the second half of the 7th episode + the final one.

I just ask my doubt to be answered without spoilers :thumbsup:
All of those things are explained in the season finale. :)

The whole point of Lucy walking around with her vault uniform on is that she has been taught (brainwashed) her whole life to believe it's their job to rebuild America and that everyone on the surface will support that effort (savior complex). She doesn't understand sarcasm, or that everyone above sees vault dwellers as a punchline.

Her unwillingness to "catch on" and believe that people are crap is exactly the point of her character.

I think she's great...
I find that people are weirdly hard on fictional characters in TV shows if they're not sharp as a tack at all times.

I mean, I probably am harsh on telly characters yet when multiple people are warning you about the same issue, you might want to take notice. Being stubborn or set in your own ways will only get you so far.

Back
Top Bottom