Things you don't need to know...

Another one from CodeProject:

Their comment is...
At least one human, anyway

pibbuR who hopes it's not directed at him.
I'm with Booch on that one. Musk should first say in which domains, because intelligence is a vague concept, and even so, I don't think AI is even close to match us on reasoning alone. For that to happen, the LLM must first be able to iterate, instead of being a stateless system.

AFAIK there are already ads on the start menu? I don't see any, I guess that's another benefit of using 3rd party start menu, like Start11 (Stardock) which I'm using.

pibbuR who recommends Stardock's excellent desktop software solutions.

I didn't think brainwaves were that available, but I guess they may be in the future(?).

BTW: Apple and Meta doesn't like this, which I think proves that the ban may actually be useful.

pibbuR who keeps his brainwaves where they're supposed to be, and who agrees with (what he calls) the Harry Potter principle.

PS. Don't trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where it keeps its brain. DS.

One more reason to delay Win11 as long as possible. :/

As for collecting brainwaves, I'm not sure what to think of it. I have the impression it's just bad science-fiction, but any bill against people trying to go down that path are a good thing.

AFAIK it is possible with training to control for instance a mouse pointer by based on thinking/imagining using you hand to move a mouse. Or something like that. But it does require training, I don't think you can do it on your first try. Which means that there's no well defined standard set of brainwaves for that specific task. If so, I can't see how tracking your brainwaves from the detector can be generally useful. Now. I won't exclude it a couple of years.

BTW, I'm guessing, but pibbuR hopes it's educated guessing.

PS. Regarding Win11, 3rd party seems to be you friend. And for the record, Win11 works very well for me, and I've had no problems installing/reinstalling it. OTOH, my experience with it is not that much different from number 10. So I while not regretting it, upgrading when I did was perhaps not necessary. However, there may for all I know be more significant changes under the hood - I'm sure there are watchers who know more about that than I do. And there is of course the question of support next autumn. DS

Last edited:
I've also been rocking Win11 for almost a year. It's fine. Have no issues.
What is annoying is all the ways the corporate fuckers seem to want to toy with it. They can't sit on their asses and just accept that they shouldn't monetize it even further.
Hare-brained economic system we have. That's what's keeping these fuckers alive. The fact that they somehow need to suck more blood out of that stone. They can't leave well-enough alone since that's the whole purpose.

The decisions are shown like watermarks through actions.

What they believe of the customers is shown like a watermark through their actions.

Anyone play Fallker? or Stallout?

XDAVIVI.png

Back
Top Bottom