Things you don't need to know...

My academic advisor suggest to me since I'd revamped my CV back in December that I revive my Facebook page as people tend to check that. So I did that last month, and a friend that I've not had contact with in over forty-three years found me! Ok, so good things can happen with Facebook. -)

Anyone remember these ? ;)

@Echo Off
Echo [31m Hallo
Echo [32m Hallo
Echo [33m Hallo
Echo [34m Hallo
Echo [35m Hallo
Echo [36m Hallo
Echo [37m Hallo
Echo [1m [30m Hallo
Echo [1m [31m Hallo
Echo [1m [32m Hallo
Echo [1m [33m Hallo
Echo [1m [34m Hallo
Echo [1m [35m Hallo
Echo [1m [36m Hallo
Echo [1m [37m Hallo
Echo [0m

I've been digging out my virtual DOS machine recently. ;)

Oh. That sounds a little bit high to me. We have something around 12 or so. Degrees Celsius. But on the other hand, we live here in a different location, Germany. ( I always tend to use the word "we" meaning "we here in Germany". It's not meant to be nationalistic or an offense in any way. )

pibbuR who wonders if he just lost 10430400.00 NOK (exchange rate 10.43), or the girl as well?

PS. In Norwegian we have a saying "to not look like a (or the) pig" which (surprise, surprise) means that you really look bad. OTOH, the opposite "to look like a pig" is generally not regarded as a complement.

"My ex girl friend didn't look like the pig. My current one does." DS.

PPS. I have very long hair, a beard, and I wear glasses because the more I hide of my face, the prettier I am. DS

One member of the famous franco-belgian comic scene was Morris. He drew the comic series "Lucky Luke" which was - and still is, because it is still drawn by his successors - a parody of the "Wild West". It is always humorous and never grim, apart from very few exceptions.
The only critical part in his comics is the way he drew different ethnic people. But, to defend him, *all* his characters had quite exaggerated looks, so this wasn't that much visible within the regular drawn folks in his comics.
The interesting thing about this series is, that it mentions several real persons and incidents from the Real World. A list of them can be read here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luke

Examples :
Calamity Jane https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calamity_Jane
Bass Reeves https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Reeves
Roy Bean https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Bean
Black Bart https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bart_(outlaw)

Lots of interesting "NPC's" as well. His very intelligent horse (who admittedly plays chess very slowly, and the extremely stupid dog (called "Ratata" in Norway). And Averell.

pibbuR who now tries to remember what his favorite episode is (could be Calamity Jane)..

PS. It's said that Lucky Luke draws his gun faster than his shadow. But this, since light speed is finite, of course apply to anybody drawing a gun. If the distance to said shadow is, say 2 meters, the shadow draws it's gun 1/150000000 of a second after Luke. DS

Last edited:
Two other excellent Belgian comic series: Gaston (Viggo in Norwegian) and Spirou (Sprint). Especially the ones made by Franquin.

pibbuR who admits he shares some traits with Gaston, but refuses to divulge which ones.

PS. Belgium! Great chocolate, great beer and great comics. And the sometimes existing, sometimes not government. DS

If you have 1-3 M$ to spend and like post-apo scenarios, this is a must-buy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX1sRxCrduA
I think for most of these rich people these bunkers don't actually mean bunkers. They're just, as most everything in their life, just a status symbol for this life.
I'm willing to bet that most of them will be dead withing the year in the post-apocalypse. In the sense they're so unprepared and most like likely will either die of starvation, when the food stocks end, or will kill themselves when they see that world.

For the few people who are prepared, I really wonder if they're really up for living that life. And not how most movies/books portray it. But something like the Road. That's probably closer to reality.

I think people are just insane in not trying to first and foremost avoid the post-apocalypse.
Personally I think I would just take the easy way out with some pills.

I think for most of these rich people these bunkers don't actually mean bunkers. They're just, as most everything in their life, just a status symbol for this life.
I'm willing to bet that most of them will be dead withing the year in the post-apocalypse. In the sense they're so unprepared and most like likely will either die of starvation, when the food stocks end, or will kill themselves when they see that world.

For the few people who are prepared, I really wonder if they're really up for living that life. And not how most movies/books portray it. But something like the Road. That's probably closer to reality.

I think people are just insane in not trying to first and foremost avoid the post-apocalypse.
Personally I think I would just take the easy way out with some pills.
Yes, I think it's just an opportunity to sell them something original.

I don't think it's possible to survive in a bunker for very long either. In the video, they say 3-4 years, but I'm sceptical. For example, they can't stock the water they need for that long, so they'll have to rely on a source, hoping it's not contaminated. By the way, have you seen this swimming pool? That's spelled bonkers, not bunkers. ;) The windmill made me laugh, too; I doubt it can sustain any blast at all, nor run very long without maintenance.

It did stir the Fallout player in me, though.

May everyone have a glorious and safe St. Patrick's Day!
Right, it's today. Happy St Patrick's Day!!

PS: Is it realistic to put 'safe' and 'St. Patrick's Day' in the same sentence, though? ;)

Proud member of clan Loveless thanks to my grandfather's ancestors.

Turns out I'm Scottish, Irish, and English. What a combination.

Back
Top Bottom