Things you don't need to know...

I just LOVED it ! :D
I was even trying to sing it, but that's of course impossible to make all of these noises ! :D

I often have Monty Python ditties playing in my head, and it's a good thing. I could listen to the parrot conversation a few million more times and never be bored, as well as another dead fish upon the landing. These guys are beyond brilliant.

There are even music CDs by Monty Python.
And I think 3 "multimedia" CD-ROMs by them. I think they were made for the Win95 family.

Earthquake there ? Of, then they might need to re-adjust all the launching stuff there ...

Opinion on whether Microsoft's losing to Sony. Nothing really shocking or new, I think.

Yeah, the headline is somewhat misleading since it doesn't specify what sector they're talking about. In the console wars, MS has always lost to Sony imo. Overall though, I think it would be tough to say that anyone is beating Microsoft.

There are even music CDs by Monty Python.
And I think 3 "multimedia" CD-ROMs by them. I think they were made for the Win95 family.

Earthquake there ? Of, then they might need to re-adjust all the launching stuff there ...
3 years plus of alignment checking delays

Some (peculiar) tech news

pibbuR who thinks it would be more practical playing it on (while using it) one of their sewing machines. And who doesn't remember if there was a mower among the utensil weapons in Doom.

Some (peculiar) tech news

pibbuR who thinks it would be more practical playing it on (while using it) one of their sewing machines. And who doesn't remember if there was a mower among the utensil weapons in Doom.
I don't think there was either. I'm waiting for the chainsaw version, for more reliable sound effects (and, well, because I need one).

I always wonder why it does have to be fighting games ?
It's like ... with Winnie Pooh : The first thing people did after the copyright was removed due to age, was - do a horror movie with that !
It speaks imho volumes for these civilizations that they are so much obsessed with fighting games ... Or/and with competition games in general ... I think that one could write a "cultural history book of competition" or on fighting games as well.

I always wonder why it does have to be fighting games ?
It's like ... with Winnie Pooh : The first thing people did after the copyright was removed due to age, was - do a horror movie with that !
It speaks imho volumes for these civilizations that they are so much obsessed with fighting games ... Or/and with competition games in general ... I think that one could write a "cultural history book of competition" or on fighting games as well.
In this case it's because Doom is a legend. It was also programmed to be as portable as possible. So it's become a sport, how to get the game running on everything from a lawn mower to a pair of scissors or whatever.

Although Doom is the most well known example, there are other games being installed on weird devices. Minecraft can be run on calculators and smart refrigerators. And allegedly "one extra brainy person took a chest within the game and coded it or did whatever he did to it to be able to play a version of Minecraft on it".

There are a lot of similar weird achievements by enthusiasts. Like implementing Linux on a Commodore 64. Or translating Harry Potter to Latin. Or engraving the complete (Hebrew) bible on a gold coated silicon plate the size of a grain of sugar. Or the hundreds of very weird programming languages people create for fun.

For a while you could select Klingon as the display language in Google, along with Elmer Fudd (all 'r's and 'l's replaced by 'w'. Those are not available anymore, but you can still select latin.

BTW, seems to me there are a lot of different fan contributions to the friendly bear.

Again you are generalizing, Alrik.

pibbuR

Last edited:
Today is mum's birthday. One of my brothers and I are taking her out to Top of Daytona, which offers a very nice view of the area. We took her there five years ago and she loved it, so no worries about she'll feel about the place for her special day. Eighty-five years on the planet and going strong!

Enjoy it, @Carnifex. I'm lucky and very happy to have a good relationship with my parents. My father is 83 now and sadly is getting quite weak, so I'm in a "enjoy it while I can"-mode with him.

Walk without rhythm
It won't attract the worm
Walk without rhythm
And it won't attract the worm
Walk without rhythm
And it won't attract the worm

pibbuR who (not necessarily deliberately) always walks in a distinctly erratic and somewhat uncoordinated way

PS. I did of course like what he did. DS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom