Trumpists are Nazis Moderator RPGWatch Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree seriously unpleasant and offensive. Isn't some of that even illegal in Germany ?

Illegal? Dunno, but Germany has Nazi "reminders" all over the country to remind the people what happened, how it happened and to not repeat the mistakes ever again.

Fighting injustice is not an injustice against those who don't stand for justice and equality. That's the old "you are infringing on my right to hate you and deny you rights". It doesn't work that way.

That's not what's happening though. She's making blanket statements about an entire population of people she has no idea about.

Also she's not a random poster she a moderator who's supposed to be moderating the kinds of things she's doing.

There's plenty of ways to vent your frustration short of calling a population of people nazis.

Btw, I didn't vote for trump and don't agree with many of his views but people that did are definitely not all nazis.

That's not what's happening though. She's making blanket statements about an entire population of people she has no idea about.

Also she's not a random poster she a moderator who's supposed to be moderating the kinds of things she's doing.

There's plenty of ways to vent your frustration short of calling a population of people nazis.

Btw, I didn't vote for trump and don't agree with many of his views but people that did are definitely not all nazis.

I'm not saying I agree with her. I'm just saying that it's a rough time for people. While I wouldn't personally put something like that in my signature (I'd much rather promote myself there, it seems. :p ), I understand that people are feeling bad right now.

Cut her some slack.

I think it is shocking and offensive. It is clearly against the TOS. This is not allowed. It is painful to see.

What on earth was she thinking? What can be achieved this way?
I'm disappointed in Aubrielle. I hope she or someone of the administration will delete all of these awful words as soon as possible.

It's an emotional response from a person who views Trump and his supporters as really nasty people.

I'm sure she'll change it soon. The thing we all need to remember is that Trump actually got less support than the last 2 Republican presidential candidates. The world is not ending and there isn't some huge wave or rise of nastiness in the country. It was a tough election and people are having to heal and move forward, and always remember that there are more people who voted for the other candidate than they did for Trump (and many more progressives in fact who just stayed home).

Fighting injustice is not an injustice against those who don't stand for justice and equality. That's the old "you are infringing on my right to hate you and deny you rights". It doesn't work that way.

I'm not saying it is that or anything else, but that's how millions of people feel right now. Aubrielle is just venting like millions of others are.

And just saying, Corwin, the quote in your signature saying "If God said it, that settles it!!" can be offensive to atheists.

Hating everyone who voted for Trump would fit into your line quite easily though...

I'm not saying I agree with her. I'm just saying that it's a rough time for people. While I wouldn't personally put something like that in my signature (I'd much rather promote myself there, it seems. :p ), I understand that people are feeling bad right now.

Cut her some slack.

I would if she weren't a moderator and hadn't been fighting for iniquities on the forum before! But Aubrielle has been very vocal about protecting people's rights AND emotions in the past. This is neither.

And just saying, Corwin, the quote in your signature saying "If God said it, that settles it!!" can be offensive to atheists.

Really? Atheists dont believe in God so that renders that statement null doesnt it? No one ever brought it up AFAIK.

Really? Atheists dont believe in God so that renders that statement null doesnt it? No one ever brought it up AFAIK.

Well I just brought it up, so there ya go.

Has nothing to do with being "rendered null" when certain people in power and those who create legislation base their views on the premise that "If God said it, that settles it!!". It works both ways.

I suggest Aubrielle just change the quote and we all forget it and move on.

To me, it is irrelevant how many or who supported trump, religion, or similar discussions.

I repeat, to me, it is seriously unpleasant and offensive.

Oh, I suspect this email will bring similar flaming, and respect is important to me, hence my posts.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with being "rendered null" when certain people in power and those who create legislation base their views on the premise that "If God said it, that settles it!!". It works both ways.

The quote is a joke reference to how people say God said this or that to me and affirmation of what they are doing. Like "God said it was ok for me to commit adultery".

That said if we go by that, we cant even have a sig that say "it's ok" because certain people in power and those who create legislation base their views that "it's ok". You are making assertions on a quote. It is different to directly calling a group of people nazis.

The quote is a joke reference to how people say God said this or that to me and affirmation of what they are doing. Like "God said it was ok for me to commit adultery".

That said if we go by that, we cant even have a sig that say "it's ok" because certain people in power and those who create legislation base their views that "it's ok". You are making assertions on a quote. It is different to directly calling a group of people nazis.

So maybe Aubrielle's quote is a joke. It works both ways.

The reason a quote about God isn't shocking is because "Christians will be Christians!". It is normalized in western society. That's a totally different topic but I know you aren't stupid and you understand what I'm saying.

So maybe Aubrielle's quote is a joke. It works both ways

One can be seen as a direct insult the other can be seen as an indirect one. I think thats the difference. As i said that quote doesnt need to be deleted, just needs to not be seen outside the P&R forums.

So maybe Aubrielle's quote is a joke. It works both ways.

The reason a quote about God isn't shocking is because "Christians will be Christians!". It is normalized in western society. That's a totally different topic but I know you aren't stupid and you understand what I'm saying.

She also made the insane and hyperbolic remark that she'd be sent to the death camps. And that was just the morning of the election, I normally don't pay attention to the P&R forum otherwise, but I had been hitting up various forums and news sites to take in the responses in the hours after the election. Insane hyperbole, complete fabrications, and blaming everything except the actual cause of Hillary's loss.

Democracy only works if you get the result you want, and anyone who disagrees with you is a rapist racist homophobic misogynistic ignorant monster. Anyone who voted for Trump should also immediately resign or be fired, because the boss has the right to order his slaves to toe the party line or ELSE. Because TOLERANCE! Thus it's perfectly okay to riot and loot, and ambush police officers and murder them, because TOLERANCE! Also succeed from the union! We need another 5 year long civil war, hadn't had one in a few years. /s

Though I think this should likely have been emailed to Myrthos instead of posted openly. Only escalate when management refuses to remove a hate monger from power.

I see why Dte left the site, and why the base here is slowly eroding.

Cut her some slack.

I'm not condemning her Fluent but when you put something like that out on the internet you have to expect backlash.

Without out getting too personal, I'm a part of the lgbtq community and the way she "represents " the community is embarrassing to me. So I've experienced and witnessed ignorance and hatefulness first hand but just as I judge games individually on their own merits I also Judge people that way and would never Paint an entire group with one brush.

She decided to use these forums on occasion to get on her soapbox and preach tolerance and acceptance of her beliefs and then she demonstrates intolerance and hatefulness of other people's beliefs which is just wrong anyway you slice it.

Let me get this straight Fluent any time any one is upset at something it is okay to voice hateful things.

I almost got banned defending the use of a word here by her, it wasn't even a word I used. It was from a member here that had never shown any sort of malice to group of people.

It is just wrong period!!! It is hateful disrespectful.

Grow up for a change @Fluent this isn't you defending every game you have played and telling everyone how great it is.

I'm a Nazi. Whee!

Is it okay for me to still like Aubrielle? I don't have to go to Ohio with my .22 do I?

P.S. Okay, I voted for Trump, but I'm not even German….I don't think… :p

Why Trump? Because I'm tired of the working person being treated as a 3rd rate citizen forced to work till I die to pay for lazy asses to sit around and do nothing; except maybe protest. Hell, I don't have time to protest, I'm working. Trump will "maybe" fix this. No chance Hilary would. Slim chance better than no chance. Philanderer better than murderess. That's why.

I'd rather be talking about rpgs....

I'm not condemning her Fluent but when you put something like that out on the internet you have to expect backlash.

Without out getting too personal, I'm a part of the lgbtq community and the way she "represents " the community is embarrassing to me. So I've experienced and witnessed ignorance and hatefulness first hand but just as I judge games individually on their own merits I also Judge people that way and would never Paint an entire group with one brush.

She decided to use these forums on occasion to get on her soapbox and preach tolerance and acceptance of her beliefs and then she demonstrates intolerance and hatefulness of other people's beliefs which is just wrong anyway you slice it.

Actually, the quote says "Trumpists", not Republicans who voted for Trump. So she is actually talking about a specific group of people inside the voting bloc and she is not the only one to come to similar conclusions.

Again, it was/is an emotional response from someone who is intensely passionate about politics and the results/implications of this election. Unless you've been living under a rock you've seen worse.

That said, hating the opposition isn't the answer. Hate never solved a single problem but has created many. That is all I will say about that.

Though I think this should likely have been emailed to Myrthos instead of posted openly.

This is the only thing I agree with in your post, but we all know the point of this thread was to create a shitstorm. It's been done by this specific poster before and could now be called a recurring behavior.

I'm done with this thread.

Though I think this should likely have been emailed to Myrthos instead of posted openly. Only escalate when management refuses to remove a hate monger from power.

I see why Dte left the site, and why the base here is slowly eroding.

I respect that you feel it should have been e-mailed to him, just like someone else thought it should be posted in the underground section of this forum.

I choice this because she is a MOD here and has no problem calling people out in the open forum. She has never shown that sort of respect to myself, also I feel people have to right to see it and voice their displeasure with someone comparing over 50,000,000 people to NAZI's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom