Turn Based Lovers - On The Radar - October 2021

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Like every month The Turn Based Lovers checked out the upcoming tactical / turn-based games:

Reviewing reviews...

"Even the fool can say something right,
but always for the wrong reason"
- Umberto Eco

When we talk about the "war" between Steam and the other digital shops, like Epic Games, many people justify their preferences for the first one essentially because it can still offer many unique features.
Among them, a special place is reserved for the users or the curators reviews.
To be honest, when it's time to buy a new game, even I cannot avoid reading some Steam reviews about it. Sometimes they can be really useful, sometimes not, but, for sure, if a game has an average low rating, then it will likely be really bad. But, to be honest, sometimes some reviews don't seem so "trustworthy"...
Now, it is not my intention to express a general opinion about the usefulness of the Steam reviews, because, as it happens in many other areas, mostly depends on the seriousness of who is expressing the opinion, but, believe me, in some cases, there are reviews that, despite their uhm... "quality", they are simply impossible to forget!

[...]

MIST LEGACY - 5th October (E.A.)
VAGRUS THE RIVEN REALMS - 5th October
THE SHADOW GOVERNMENT SIMULATOR - 12th October (E.A.)
RUIN RAIDERS - 14th October
STOLEN REALM - 14th October
TACTICAL COMBAT DEPARTMENT - 14th October (E.A.)
GLOOMHAVEN - 20th October
CARDS OF THE DEAD - 21st October
DISCIPLES: LIBERATION - 21st October
RISE OF HUMANITY - 21st October (E.A.)
DARKEST DUNGEON 2 - 26th October
SUPER ROBOT WARS 30 - 28th October
ANCIENT GODS - October
GUILE & GLORY: FIRSTBORN - October
VOID ECLIPSE - October

[...]
More information.

I'll be spying on reviews of Vagrus, this game intrigues me but I'm not sure it's for me. I'll try it a little later, when the backlog gets more acceptable for my conscience and when the long winter nights make for more reading. ;)

I have played Vagrus free prologue. It's certainly an interesting game even if it didn't hook me. I might pick it up eventually and I'm eager to read some reviews about.

There's a demo for Disciples as well. It certainly does not feel at all like the old Disciples games - but outside of that, it plays really well and I think it'll be a good game.

:p

By the way, I just noticed in my Steam Library that it appears they made a major update to the game free prologue.
Those devs are complicated :D

They recently wrote they had a demo but only were only showing it during special events, otherwise it apparently had a negative effect on the way the Steam algorithm advertises the game (because it see the game as free content).

In parallel they (recently?) published a free prologue app outside Steam, but from what I understood it was the same content and was compatible with the save files of the demo.

Now it's event time again (with Steam Next Fest), so they made it visible in Steam, and updated it from what you said. And so it will stop working in a few days.

I wish Vagrus was a bit more aesthetically appealing to me. Will still check it out nonetheless, seems like something I could get into.

Can't wait for full release of Vagrus.

As of the rest... meh.

Back
Top Bottom