Divinity 2 Underrated and forgotten Divinity game?

Hi dear players. I have question. Have you played ever Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga(Developer's Cut)? If you played what do you think about this game?
I want to write my thoughts about game. This game one and only Divinity game by Larian Studios which is not isometric. I think this game is best Dragon Themed RPG ever for me and my favourite #1 game. This game have good gameplay,combat system and story. But..D2: DKS have one uniqual thing;become the dragon,battle with dragons.. not only this. skills makes the combat better in my opinion.
When I ask about this game in RPG groups or to any RPG fans they don't know about this game and one thing which always make me sad, whenever I talk about "Divinity" even about Divinity 2: Developer's Cut, most rpg players thinks of "Original Sin".it is strange.. I think this game don' deserve treatment like this.What do you think about that why this game such underrated?

I've played every Larian game throughout the years and yes I've been very vocal that I prefer if they went back and did another Dragon Knight Saga, but if it will never happen.

Now as for the Dragon Knight Saga it's a long saga on why it's underrated and forgotten. I can sum it all up as a bad publisher, and the game bankrupted Larian Studios.
Divinity 2: Ego Draconis was exactly what an RPG was required to be in 2009: a fully voice-acted adventure in a shiny, sun-dappled land that was easily navigable via an Xbox 360 controller. To stand out from the crowd, Larian developed not one but two gimmicks: NPC mind-reading and the ability to dogfight in dragon form. But without BioWare's budget, Ego Draconis belonged firmly in the B-tier, alongside other European efforts like Risen, Two Worlds and a slightly muddled Polish novel adaptation of something called The Witcher.

Despite its best efforts, Larian hadn't tempted new RPG converts away from Fallout 3 and Fable. And in the pursuit of 3D fidelity, it had sacrificed much of the granular interactivity that had made Ultima VII so engrossing for a young Vincke.

"I lost track a bit," the CEO wrote in a 2012 blog post. "The joys of console development steered Divinity II far away from the original idea, and so many compromises were made in that game that what shipped was but a shadow of what I had envisioned it to be. In truth there are only a few gameplay moments in there that come close to the reason I set up this company."
They seem to have moved on to TB like Original Sin because it's more successful.
Rather than make its Diablo mistake all over again, Larian turned Original Sin into a turn-based tactics masterclass. It struck a chord, topping Steam's sales chart upon release in 2014—before its sequel repeated the feat in 2017. Over the same period, Larian has become an experienced self-publisher, partnering only with companies who already love what the studio is doing, and aren't seeking to alter it.

I've played every Larian game throughout the years and yes I've been very vocal that I prefer if they went back and did another Dragon Knight Saga, but if it will never happen.

Now as for the Dragon Knight Saga it's a long saga on why it's underrated and forgotten. I can sum it all up as a bad publisher, and the game bankrupted Larian Studios.

They seem to have moved on to TB like Original Sin because it's more successful.
Wow I never seen this informations before about game creation process.. Although I have been playing this game since 2017).. thanks for that.. but I heard that this is first 3D game by Larian Studios. Actaully Larian studios focused on isometric games after success of Original Sin.. but still I hope one day Larian Studios will release remake of this game at least.. but I one to say about one more thing.. if there would be mods for Divinity 2: Developer's Cut.. okay I know game is underrated and forgotten there is no more players of this game.. but I think mods can make this game very playable for todays.. what do you think?

I like the game, have replayed it and will surely replay it again in future. The only thing I didn't like, was the passage, which you had to play as a dragon. That was short, however, so no real problem.

When comparing it to the other Divinity games I believe that the older Divine Divinity as well as the newer D:OS are both better and are must-play games. In contrast to those i would say that Divinity 2 is recommended but no must play. If you like 3D action RPGS in Gothic-Style it is worth trying (it has a little bit more RPG-mechanics than Gothic, e.g. a mind-reading ability.).

I think it's a very good game - with a flawed engine and a few quirks.
Agree. Actually I admit that game has some flaws but still I love it. In my opinion if the game would supported with mods, it is possible to both fix the problems and make the game more playable by installing different new mechanics and different modes to the game.

Back
Top Bottom