Warhammer RPG pc game?

Gragnak

Black Knight
Do you know if there is some project for a future single player (or party based) pc-rpg based on Warhammer Fantasy rpg (not 40.000 and not mmo)?
I'd like to see such a game but I can't find any info on the net.

Thanks everybody.

I've not even seen a rumour of WFRP being turned into a crpg.

Would be cool if they did finally make a Warhammer RPG.

I would personally rather see them use 40.000 if they did it though...

Heh, well it only took 21 years to get from Rogue Trader to an RPG varient, so keep waiting. They've gone the MMO route with WAR & 40K Online.

Yep, WAR is the only RPG Warhammer game out there. I've been hoping they might make a single player RPG, but I never heard even a whisper of a rumor about one or any plans to do so.

Who knows maybe if Blood Bowl does as well as I think it will then maybe Mordheim/Necromunda could be next on their list or one of the other RPGish games.

What's Mordheim & Necromunda ?

("Mord" means in German language "Murder", by the way. And "heim" means "home", usually in German language as part of a town's name. I think it also appears in Skandinavian countries as well. Norway has a town called "Trondheim", for example.)

Man o' War now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile. I never did try that one out. Too young and too broke to buy another really expensive game. Those darn Skaven aren't cheap.

Warhammer Quest would also be a nice addition. I loved that game, but I guess I was one of the few that actually bought it.

@Alrik Thank you for that translation. That makes perfect sense for the game Mordheim. Basically it is "murder home".

Official Intoduction:
Mordheim is a skirmish game; set 500 years before the current time in the Warhammer world, where opposing factions fight in the ruins of a once-great city. Mordheim, once a great city capital of the Empire's most northern realm, was slowly enveloped by corruption. The only beacon of hope and sanity in Mordheim was the Convent of the Sisterhood of Sigmar. Weeks before the end of the year 1999, the symbol of Sigmar himself - the twin-tailed comet - had appeared in the sky. As midnight of the final day of the year approached, Daemons crept from the shadows and mingled with the throng, crying joyously and cavorting with man and woman alike. As the festival reached its zenith, the comet impacted upon the city. Only the Temple of Sigmar's Rock, home to the Sisterhood of Sigmar, remained unblemished. The city burned for weeks, the comet leaving the ruins of Mordheim covered in shards of solidified Chaos, soon to become known as wyrdstone. When Mordheim finally stopped burning, mercenary warbands from all over the Empire and beyond came in search of it, for it was said that wyrdstone can do anything; change your luck and fortune and turn lead into gold. Of course, Man was not the only race interested in wyrdstone, and many other creatures prowl the City of the Damned.

Pretty much like Sodom and Gomorrah in the Warhammer universe with sin corruption and all that, but everyone didn't die and the city has become hell on earth.
Link:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=cat200208&aId=2600002

Necromunda: Warhammer 40k version of Mordheim
Official introduction:
Necromunda is a game of fierce combat between rival gang fighters in the dangerous underworld of the Necromundan hives: ancient and incomprehensibly vast cities, built up layer upon layer, stretching ten miles into a planet's atmosphere. To those who live in the depths, the dark and ruinous Underhive offers every opportunity for wealth and power. Its collapsed caverns conceal the riches of the distant past: rare and precious metals, unfathomable archeotech devices, wondrous mutated fungi and much more. It is also a place of danger, where mutant creatures, renegades and killers hide from the laws of House and hive. Necromunda is more than just the action on the tabletop. Every time you play a game you earn the opportunity to expand or improve your gang. By winning games you can gain territory, discover ancient artefacts and uncover mineral wealth. By visiting the Trading Post you can buy better weaponry and hire more gang fighters. Your gang will also improve with time; every time a gang fights, its members gain in skill and experience. Young juves quickly progress to become full gang fighters, and fighters learn new abilities, which make them superior combatants.

Maybe a bit more GTA: San Andreas than Mordheim, but basically the same as Mordheim just in a Sci-fi setting. One major drawback NO SKAVEN ;p.

Both have more RPG features than your basic Warhammer game or Warhammer 40k since you can level up and have official campaigns(excluding Mighty Empires which let's you have campaigns with your Warhammer army). Both are a perfect recipe for a computer game if you ask me.
Necromunda link:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=cat200210&aId=2600004

Ah, thank you very much for these explanations and introductions ! :)

No prob. It's one of the few topics that I know very well :D

Back
Top Bottom