What games are you playing now?

Yawning myself through Titan Quest.

Having just given Arena a spin, I've decided to give Daggerfall another quick whirl!! Been a LONG time since last I checked it out!! :)

Daggerfall gave me serious motion sickness! I played about one quarter into it before I had to throw in the towel (or I would have needed a towel...to clean up :) )

@JemyM
Have you got to China yet? I love the game but I have to admit I have had all I can take of satyrs. I've got about seven characters going, and I do my best to powergame through Greece as fast as possible. I find the ranged builds (Brigand and Oracle) to be a lot more interesting to play than the melee.

Yawning myself through Titan Quest.

You know what ... I bought the Immortal Throne expansion without realizing that there would be no 'premade characters' to access the new levels as there were in DS2: Broken World and Sacred Underworld ... and my original computer is long gone ... so now I have to look at the possibility of replaying the whole thing just to get the new stuff ...

... so while I was out picking up Chili Con Carnage today for the PSP I was very surprised at my local EBGames to see 3 copies of Alien Shooter Vengeance - so I bought one ;) Pretty fun - reminds me of Shadowgrounds, but with worse graphics and (better) character development.

You know what ... I bought the Immortal Throne expansion without realizing that there would be no 'premade characters' to access the new levels as there were in DS2: Broken World and Sacred Underworld ... and my original computer is long gone ... so now I have to look at the possibility of replaying the whole thing just to get the new stuff ...

... so while I was out picking up Chili Con Carnage today for the PSP I was very surprised at my local EBGames to see 3 copies of Alien Shooter Vengeance - so I bought one ;) Pretty fun - reminds me of Shadowgrounds, but with worse graphics and (better) character development.

Chili Con Carnage has got to be the best name I've heard in awhile--hopefully not about illegal immigration, tho :)

Chili Con Carnage has got to be the best name I've heard in awhile--hopefully not about illegal immigration, tho :)

Not specifically, though I doubt they pause for a second if they get the chance to offend them as well. Mindless shooting stuff up - played for ~30 minutes last night and was really, really fun :)

Not specifically, though I doubt they pause for a second if they get the chance to offend them as well. Mindless shooting stuff up - played for ~30 minutes last night and was really, really fun :)

Thanks! Glad you like it so far :)

Yeah, I'm lead of the core engine technology department at Deadline Games. I wasn't terribly involved in this particular project, since it's using our old game engine - so a bunch of game scripters and artists did this project while the engine department is mainly working on our "next-gen" technology for high-end PC and the new consoles. I did write a new collision system for the project though, since the one we had in the engine was too slow for the rather limited power of the PSP, so I got credit for the title ;)

Yeah, I'm lead of the core engine technology department at Deadline Games.

Cool! I was supposed to review Total Overdose for a site, but that never happened (don't recall why) and I just never caught up with the game ... so when I saw this one I jumped.

It isn't getting the attention it deserves - great fun in small stages, no need to engage your brain. Hilarious stuff. Extra points for catching the hats that fly off the heads of people you take down ... cute ...

I'm at the end of Titan Quest. How do you beat Typhon ? My Thane (Warfare/Storm) barely makes a dent on his HP bar before he utterly crushes me, and that's with the extra help brought by the Immortal Throne expansion (the scrolls and one artifact equipped). Going up melee against him is suicide, but what else can I do if my boy is a melee type ? Perhaps I have badly developed him ? I'm level 33, my defense is about 377 and I got good attack values, I think. Perhaps it's the resistances ? My best one is for fire, I think it's at 27%. I read that ranged/spellcasters with pets have it easier. Anyone finished the game with a melee character ?

Cormac it's his elemental damage spells--especially the screenshaking one with the earth effects that stun you--that are probably killing you. They come on a timer, so you have to disengage and dodge out of the AOE. However it's tough even with a bow build--you have to snipe and run. I heard they had nerfed him in 1.30/exp--apparently not all that much, eh? :) I have finished the game with a melee character w/pets--Guardian.

I've never tried the Thane build, but my Paladin sucked bigtime at taking him down and she had spells and a Wisp. :) I know you hate spoliers so:
The ten most powerful builds are supposedly:

1) Warfare + Hunting = Slayer
2) Warfare + Rogue = Assassin
3) Hunting + Rogue = Brigand
4) Warfare + Defense = Conquerer
5) Defense + Rogue = Corsair
6) Defense + Nature = Guardian
7) Hunting + Nature = Warden
8) Storm + Earth = Elementalist
9) Storm + Spirit = Oracle
10) Earth + Spirit = Conjurer

I've had pretty good luck with the ones from this list I've tried, and pretty bad with other combinations.

(This is a pre-dream mastery list, obviously.)

There is a stickied thread on this forum which lists some Typhon beating strategies as well(I haven't read them tho):
http://www.titanquest.net/forums/titan-quest/

Thanks, I'm going to check those strategies later this evening. And yes, it is the elemental magicks whch are killing me; I think I've read somewhere that in an earlier build you could destroy the four statues with the coloured spheres to weaken the titan but that a patch removed that to make the last fight harder.
My boy is a thane but I've only put 3-4 points in Storm Mastery, the rest in Warfare; it was a mistake to choose Storm as a second mastery, I should have stuck with Warfare only. And I do have a good bow, the Bow of the Nile, but of course ranged fighting is secondary to me. It's annoying that I got such a good bow but never found a melee weapon equal in quality -- yellows and some greens, never a good blue.

Have you started Immortal Throne ?

Yes. Got it in the mail today, so I'm just starting but I like the tweaks so far. I have several chars at or above level 8 to start w/dream as their 2nd mastery. I'm playing thru a new seer first though just to get a feel for the best skills.

The statues went out after the first patch, so I never got to play the "easy' way.
AFA your Thane, you could try to up his piercing damage as much as possible and grab any gear that gives you a faster attack and run speed, then go after him with your bow. I think he'll be hard to run with in Epic though.

I have found tons of blue swords and axes with my ranged chars and no bows--they seem to like this form of torment in this genre. With the caravans, tho, I've already swapped out some gear to the appropriate characters--works great.
If you can stand doing a few runs of the labyrinth, there's often a blue axe with a stun bonus(Snowfire or some such) that will drop off a minotaur.
Happy Slaying :)

StarCraft!

Imo the best RTS game ever made. I haven't played the single player campaign in about 5 years, so I just started playing it again after having a conversation about it with an old friend.

I'm kind of on an RTS kick right now and I plan on playing Supreme Commander as soon as I'm done with StarCraft. Also looking forward to C&C 3 coming out next month.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the next patch for Gothic 3 and the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., which will most likely interrupt my RTS binge.

Playing Fable. In a way, it reminds me about Oblivion. Great engine but with very little that drives me. Finding the story feels like squeezing the last bit out of a tube of melted cheeze. The Good/Evil stuff makes no sense. Why do a fighters guild promote good and evil at the same time? I take quests for xp and money, not out of interest. I have played through somewhere between 30-50% of the game and I have everything I need as a mage. And some parts just make annoyed such as playing for 45min just to be forced to start a quest all over again, or trying to play coin golf while listening to the same comments about my name over and over and over again.

turn the books into the school to have them read/acted aloud.
changing the brothel to a women's shelter.
changing the name they call you to avatar.

those are 3 reasons that made the game worthwile for me.

i finished sudeki over the weekend (a short console rpg game like fable) and i thought is was much better and would rate it a 9 or high 8 while i would give fable a 7 or maybe a low 8.

I thought Sudeki was okay, but not quite the JRPG I expected. It's a US game, of course, but visuals made me expect something else. If we must compare Sudeki and Fable, then I had more fun with Fable.

I'm still at my nth replay of JE, and I started to play one of the freebies Alrik suggested (Heroine Iy...oooh, the name is too complicated for me :) ). Quite funny.

2/3 of our LAN party clan came together tonight to play Day of Defeat 1.0 (pre-Steam, pre-Source)... our first LAN game in two years! Well, we may have been a bit rusty - but since this affected all of us, it wasn't so bad at all. The only non-clanner playing with us was my hubby's intern; he may be half the age of the oldest clan member, but he wasn't better than average :). Reassuring, I tell you.

When I started playing LANs, I was lefthanded (i.e., mouse left, keypad right) until a gamer from another clan told me this was absolutely horrible, and that the mouse should be in my right hand. I trained and trained until I could play righthanded (must have been in '98).
We stopped playing in tourneys two years ago, and last year I started to re-train. Tonight's game was my first left-handed LAN game in 9 years! :party:

Back
Top Bottom