What games are you playing now?

It'd be better served if the mission locations were instanced a la DDO I reckon. Countryside, cities and common buildings are all fine to see population. Just not the house or dungeon you're working to complete some quest in.

Even the countryside bothers me. If there's one person checking out the same area as me, I tend to go elsewhere or log off. Ruins the gameplay and immersion for me.

It helps that I am in a veteran area, that's nearly deserted now. but it's getting more busy as the new players are moving in. I don't know how I managed to do deal with the crowds in the newbie area months ago...

Last edited:
Hey guys, have any of you heard of the game Divinity: Original Sin? It's new!

Turns out it's pretty good.

I'm another one who completely bypassed this game at first. To me, the art style wasn't inviting like a true isometric game, and the elemental aspect of the game seemed like a gimmick. Boy, was I a fool! This game is the real deal and certainly up there with Baldur's Gate and the like for super RPGs of the past 20 years. Just a brilliant game thus far (my dad and I are 75 hours deep and still feel like we're just scratching the surface!).

I'm 120 hours into HoMM VII. It has its flaws but if you liked the previous games and like to play the campaign only, I strongly recommend it.

[nostalgia mode on]140 hours in ESO, still loving it.[/nostalgia mode off]

starcraft 2

finished the first campaign, not so good, nothing special; hopefully the other 2 are better

Wasteland 2. I just finished PoE, wondering what happened in that last ACT... but still craving the fun of having a tactical squad of four or more. I bought Wasteland 2 so long ago, but could never stop playing D:OS long enough to get into it, and the character development system seemed too confusing.

I actually had started SR:HK first, but I never really feel satisfied with their character creation system... I think it stems from only having one created character. I can never make up my mind, and it is difficult to "multi-class" effectively.

But yeah, WL2 rocks! I am really, really enjoying it, despite its limitations. I enjoy not having character classes, and I am a sucker for turned-based combat, and isometric games, obviously.

Still on Grimrock, still enjoying my second run through. My first was only three years ago but I already seem to have forgotten loads about the game.

My plan is to either replay Pillars (with the two new expansions this time) or play Wasteland 2 next. I tried W2 a couple of years back but struggled to get into it, maybe I'll enjoy the Directors cut more.

I'm playing Dwarf Run and it is a load of fun. An interesting overall story, smart tactical combat, some puzzles to solve along the way.....I run into interesting people/monsters, and get to slay them. What more could you ask for?!!?

Over the weekend I felt like some magic using fantasy

Funny that youm wrote that … I did the same ! But I started "The Night Of The Rabbit" instead !

It's an very … immersive … adventure game, with humanoid animals … I'm not far into it, but there is already hints of something darker threatening their world …

I'm playing Dwarf Run and it is a load of fun. An interesting overall story, smart tactical combat, some puzzles to solve along the way…..I run into interesting people/monsters, and get to slay them. What more could you ask for?!!?

A more in-depth summary of its good and bad points possibly including games it's similar to and what the music's like etc etc.

A more in-depth summary of its good and bad points possibly including games it's similar to and what the music's like etc etc.

I'd also be interested.

I'm not sure what I'd compare it to, it isn't really an open world or dungeon crawler, yet has elements of both. There are areas or levels to explore and you'll run into puzzles and combat as you do so. When you go to fight, you go into a tactical screen and the combat is done there. You control four characters, a tank, ranger, mage and cleric that are pre-rolled for you, and as you level you choose attribute increases as well as extra abilities for each dwarf.

I'm probably not giving it full justice but it certainly has been fun playing for me. I doubt it would have any replay value which isn't a complaint at all from me, as I feel like I'm getting more than my monies worth in one enjoyable run. I don't get to play much on weekends but I'm guessing I'll probably finish it Monday or Tuesday.

Wrapped up FO4 a week ago and have returned to FNV to try out some new mods. It's nice to be back playing an RPG. Next on the list: either WL2 or Dungeon Guardians!

Currently I am on my second play through of FO4 (currently at 195 hours played) while alternating with my 4th play through of Skyrim (currently at 2773 hours played although only about 1000 of them are probably actual game play - the rest are making and testing mods and ENB presets along with doing stories - which require a lot of screenshots and stage setting).

The only other games I have installed on my new PC are DDOS which I need to finish - but didn't carry over my old game from the old PC so have to start fresh again - and Pillars of Eternity and waiting for the official release of the expansion for that.

I have a couple of unplayed on Steam but if I haven't gotten to them by now I doubt I ever will. Kind of save them for a real dry spell (combined with free time) which so far hasn't happened in over 5 years.

Currently playing:
- EU4 as the Incas (for my youtube channel)
- Hearts of Iron 4
- Rise of Venice
- Darkest Dungeon

[nostalgia mode on]140 hours in ESO, still loving it.[/nostalgia mode off]

I've been dipping into ESO again, too. After playing around with a few different classes, I've gone back to a nightblade as the most fun. I really enjoy the exploration aspects, but most of the cities are disappointingly generic MMO-hubs that kind of ruin the immersion a bit. The lore's a mess, too. Post-Morrowind lore's all been a bit lacking, but here it's got books and references from after the time the game's set in. Still, as a sort of theme-park version of Tamriel, it's not too bad.

The number of "Let's go back in time/relive the past!" quests is still ridiculous, though. :p

I'm currently playing Legend of Heroes: Trail in the Sky. Who would have thoughts that this ~12 years old game (first released in 2004, although the PC version is probably based on the PS3 remaster of 2011) would take me away from Dragon's Dogma and Mass Effect 2. Well it did.

I haven't had that much fun questing in a while. I'm back to suffering from "just one more quest, OMG, it's already 11pm!" syndrome. Looking at it, game developers (everywhere, this is a JRPG) forgot how to make RPGs at some point, because this is the format to follow.

Amazing story pace so far (not drowned in side quests, not lost following the trail of the main quest either). No "you are our Savior" trope in sight, crime solving and defending villagers from monsters is what I'm doing. Most side quests have substantial content, if they don't they get completed just by following the main quest. The isometric voiceless cutscenes with emotions and animations are very cool. I wish more games went this way instead of voicing everything. Also the games keep track of what you are doing, I had multiple instance where NPCs referred to optional things I did, I don't often see this anymore.

Downside: this being a old console games, maps are very smalls, but loading is basically instant on PC so it's not that bad. The problem is every time you load a map monsters respawns…most of them are easy to avoid though.

Back
Top Bottom