What games are you playing now?

Playing Megadimension Neptunia VII, boy is it long! I'm 60 hours in and just decided to stop doing the side quests and hidden dungeon chests. My mind can only keep the attention in a story for so long.

All the recent Witcher comparison talk made me fire up Witcher EE. I actually like it so far. It's stood up well. Years since I played the original non-EE version but it's still a surprisingly good game. The 2D engine is annoying sometimes but I can get past that.

Lookout for the PvP in Cyrodil. :)
Oh, I've been there with my first character, the one I so thoroughly nerfed. Cassius Valerian will take better care, promised.

Hm, I just finished the main quest in ESO and am now wandering across Covenant territory, searching for villages, sites and vistas I missed and wee little Vestigelings who might need my help before I'll do some sightseeing in Cyrodiil.
While I agree with you on the 'big crisis' topic, I can't get enough of this game (yet) and I must take care that I don't play too much … I mean, I'm about six weeks in and have 252 hours under my belt.

You're an ESO-playing machine, Jaz!

Still playing Blade and Soul. Its growing on me the more I play it. The story is very cheesy but in good way! If you are fan of kung fu movies of old and new then, you will be at home in no time. All the kung fu movies tropes are there and its kind of fun :) The action combat is the key to the game and it makes combat in ESO, Neverwinter etc lazy and cumbersome.

The animation in this game is also top notch. The character movements such running, sprinting, flying (even boob jiggle! oh and there are plenty of boobs on display too!) are so fluid. One of my pet peeve about ESO is that the running animation feels like you have stick stuck in your ass!

Playing Megadimension Neptunia VII, boy is it long! I'm 60 hours in and just decided to stop doing the side quests and hidden dungeon chests. My mind can only keep the attention in a story for so long.

Good thing you said "dungeon" chests. It doesn't seem the girl's chests are very well hidden at all ;)

On the subject of older fun, I'm just starting Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. So far so good, but nothing either way to report yet.

I need to play that one.

Came across some good writing with Arlen Glass in FO4 that is easy to miss. It actually was affecting.
A former (Atomatoys) employee by the name of "Mr. Arlen Glass" was let go… It turns out that Arlen is now a ghoul and can be found at The Slog. Giving him Marlene's holotape will result in dialogue and a reward.
The reward is the dialogue more than anything else for this mini-quest. :)

More writing like this would go a long way into making FO4 into a great game.

Last edited:
Restarted PoE with the new patch. Hopefully I can finish it this time around (third time lucky!)

Elite: Dangerous

How are you finding it? I gave it a go a month or so back but couldn't really get into it. It's sat on my Steam account though and I should probably give it a proper go at some point. Are you using M&K - if so, does it work ok for you?

After beating Xcom Two, I started replaying Enemy Within and having some older fun.

Now you've gone back to it, how'd you find they compare?

Pretty sure Enemy Within is my favourite of the three, but I need to give Xcom Two another play-through at some point, as I slammed through it pretty quickly. This series would definitely rank high on my, "If I were stuck on an island, what games would I like to have with me" philosophy.

Ori and the Blind Forest. What a gem… simple and charming story, art, music, game play…everything works so well together.
Makes you feel like a child again. Highly recommended to all the old timers around here. ;)

I started a few new games to play when I'm not co-oping through Icewind Dale with my dad. They are…

Etrian Odyssey (Nintendo DS). Fun JRPG first-person dungeon crawler. You roll a party and set out for the labyrinth to explore, which is full of weird monsters and things to find. Very cool game and I'm enjoying it. Emulates great on a tablet with a stylus.

Wizardry: Llylgamyn Saga (Playstation). This is a port of the first 3 Wizardry games, remastered for the PS1. Adds new features like an automap and some upgraded graphics. Haven't gotten too far yet but I'm sure I'm in for a treat, as I'm a huge fan of Elminage Gothic and those Wizardry style crawlers. Fun stuff. :)

Pretty sure Enemy Within is my favourite of the three, but I need to give Xcom Two another play-through at some point, as I slammed through it pretty quickly. This series would definitely rank high on my, "If I were stuck on an island, what games would I like to have with me" philosophy.

Wasn't Enemy Within just a DLC that added some extra features to XCOM?

Yes....a lot of good, interesting features. The only annoying factor in the game to me are the parachuting aliens, but they are easily dealt with. I don't like receiving sneak attacks, I prefer making them =)

Been playing Black Desert Online closed beta over the weekend. It is a MMO but if you love Skyrim you will love this game. It’s one seamless world (no loading screens at all, even for indoors etc) and its absolutely beautiful on mid range PC so it’s an explorers heaven! It’s one of the very few games these days where the night is really dark and you need lanterns to get by! There are lot of small touches like this in the game.

The game has lot of different PvE systems (trading, crafting, node management, fishing, boat build, horse taming and breeding etc) and it will overwhelm you very easily but I say that in good way. I don’t feel lost in MMO these days but I was lost and clueless in Black Desert and to me that’s good thing since the game is trying to do something’s different from all other games these days.

The combat is pretty good as well. Again, there is lot going on and you really need to learn the system however you can play in “easy” mode as well and just button mash if you want. People say MMO are grind but I didn’t feel that way. Some people were getting to 1- 50 in 15 hours and going from 50 to 55 lot longer but its matter of weeks rather than month. There are varity of classes but annoying bit is that they are gender locked. However note that most class have male and female versions.

Yes it’s a PvP game but the penalty of killing non PvP player is so huge that you will not get any ganging etc. Most of the PvP in this game will be limited to Guild v Guild etc. I think you can simply ignore the PVP and follow the PvE path. The game is $30 and I am quite sure quite a few hundred quality hours to be had from this game. Oh just don’t look at the their Cash Shop! It has crazy prices but you don’t need anything from it!

Back
Top Bottom