What games are you playing now?

Glad you enjoyed the mod :) G3 probably has the most varied flora of any game to this date, it's pretty insane how much there is. There are even trees that they've only used at perhaps 2 places in the game (it inspired me to do a diversity mod for Skyrim years ago, where some trees were extremely rare, placed at perhaps 1 or two spots)

Glad you enjoyed the mod :) G3 probably has the most varied flora of any game to this date, it's pretty insane how much there is. There are even trees that they've only used at perhaps 2 places in the game (it inspired me to do a diversity mod for Skyrim years ago, where some trees were extremely rare, placed at perhaps 1 or two spots)

Weird you mentioned that, as I just found a spot with unique trees in the game. They were really cool looking, too.

Last edited:
Bought Serious Sam First Encounter (VR version). Didn't like it at all, way too boring even in VR. Refunded.

You must hate pure shooters because Serious Sam is excellent. I've never played the VR version though so I'm not sure how different it is from the original.

You must hate pure shooters because Serious Sam is excellent. I've never played the VR version though so I'm not sure how different it is from the original.
Couldn't imagine having fun in Serious Sam on my own, same as with Diablo. In Co-Op mode though it was fantastic.

I had much more fun in Doom3 (VR mod) than with this one, i thought i would at least enjoy the rather imaginative and more open levels, but tbh they felt pretty bland. I used to play SS in co-op, it was fun (at the time).

Picked up Neo Scavenger after an exhausting HoMM3 Marathon. I couldn't get into it on my first go, but, man, now I simply adore it. The music, the atmosphere, the gameplay. I'm wearing two different shoes and eating ketchup to survive!

I also got it on Steam Summer Sale and I hope to dive into it near future :)

My condolences. :D

Let's say it this way. I believe it's not something for your taste. ;)
And honestly can't wait for your early impressions.

AFAIK I can play many kind of games, from shooters to RPGs to Strategy games etc. Maybe you mistaking me for someone else…

About early impressions: I think I don't post too many impressions over the internet.
Surely, the game I am more vocal about here on RPGWatch forums is XCOM 2. :)

EDIT: this is a reply meant for Joxer.

Last edited:
I installed Lords of Xulima again.

God, this game is remarkably tedious! I want to simply stop playing (as I did the first time around), but I'm determined to get through the nonstop filler combat that makes up 95% of the game.

On the contrary it is very cleverly designed and atmospheric. It just does not have fancy 3D graphics, and so Joxer sees it as a phone game with no hair animation!

Hahahahah :D touche mister!

On the contrary it is very cleverly designed and atmospheric. It just does not have fancy 3D graphics, and so Joxer sees it as a phone game (with no 'hair' animation)!

Nah. Honestly, I've seen better designed phonegames with worse graphics than this thing has. Not even sure what did you find clever in there. Maybe if a whale would drop on your head sometime in the game at least it'd mean some hitchiker reference like in FO2.

No fancy graphics can help that turd. Didn't help Order 1886 either.

AFAIK I can play many kind of games, from shooters to RPGs to Strategy games etc. Maybe you mistaking me for someone else…

I'm not mistaking you for anyone else. ;)

I picked up Expeditions: Viking and about 3 hours into the game - I am enjoying it a lot so far. Combat is not as varied and challenging as D:OS so far but still very fun, thumbs up for the camping system (I hope Pathfinder: Kingmaker improve upon this!), lots of companion interactions which is good but I gotta admit I don't like the morale/loyalty system - it tends to swing around too much everytime you talk.

Sadly very soon every game will be a 'phone' game. Then there will be nothing left for Joker to play (unless he plays phone games). Btw is kotr still worth playing now that it is a phone game ?

Nah. Honestly, I've seen better designed phonegames with worse graphics than this thing has. Not even sure what did you find clever in there. Maybe if a whale would drop on your head sometime in the game at least it'd mean some hitchiker reference like in FO2.

No fancy graphics can help that turd. Didn't help Order 1886 either.

I'm not mistaking you for anyone else. ;)

Games becoming phoneganes - not really. You're not following what's going on with the industry obviously. Proper games are still proper games, it's just some publishers pushing bundled phonegame designs to milk fans (example DX:MD). The bundled metastatic cancer content is currently impossible to cut out from the game and no modder is working on that, currently the only solution is to go offline while playing the game (example MGS5).

Anyway, don't worry about me, games for me to play will always exist. Or ways to play games - it was me who proved for the example above, MGS5, that you can 100% the game without ever playing it's cancerous MMO and I was alone against the whole Steam forum whiners.

Kotor 1 & 2 is worth playing on PC. Then again, some people have masochistic tendencies, and to them it's fun not playing those games on PC, okay, I respect that.

As about what am I playing now, put Styx aside yesterday and went through the demo of Portia, was excited at first but overall I'm not happy. Will write a few words in it's news thread.

Well I generally don't like 'phone game' design (if i understand what you mean) but the truth of the matter phones are becoming powerful enough (with fast enough gpu) to play most games. Certainly nearly every game prior to 2010 could be ported to the phone so the tag 'phonegame' is a bit difficult to translate.

Thimbleweed Park. Love it. Classic point-and-click adventure.

Well I generally don't like 'phone game' design (if i understand what you mean) but the truth of the matter phones are becoming powerful enough (with fast enough gpu) to play most games. Certainly nearly every game prior to 2010 could be ported to the phone so the tag 'phonegame' is a bit difficult to translate.
Snapdragon chips still don't have fast inverse root instruction integrated so you shouldn't expect TW3 on iPhone in the near future. ;)
Nearly every game before 2010 perhaps could, I know of a few that can't. Drakensang and Gothic.

btw, a neighbor of mine finally stopped playing Pokemon Go. Before I learned it and persuaded him to try proper games (he has some rubbish old PC at home), he already got hooked on some Clash Royale phone whatnot. I'm planning to stop calling him for a coffee.

Back
Top Bottom