What games are you playing now?

Playing the last Forza Motorsport, pretty entertaining especially at higher difficulties, im enjoying this much more than Horizon series. And it looks just amazing during rain or thunderstorms, or on those circuits with forests like Spa or the one from Japan with Mount Fuji in the background.
The Spa-Francorchamps circuits is probably my favourite, in racing games.

Of course, it can only be appreciated in its natural environment, with rain. ;)

Holyshit those huge bellowback dinosaurs (the firebreathing ones) are a pain to take down. And there are three of time in a group.
I spent maybe 30 mins just stealth hitting them, then running away to regain stealth. I think it took around 5-6 stealth jabs to take one down.
And then I got cocky and suddenly they started flinging explosive flameballs towards me, and took me out in one hit.

I don't know if the extra difficulty also increases their health. Normally, for most creatures I can take them out in one stealth jab. So I thought maybe they don't scale health via difficulty.
But then, in one of the hunter challenges, I just could not take out 10 canisters from the backs of grazers in 1:30 time. So I lowered the difficulty and every hit got me a canister. I don't know what to believe.
But those are 30 mins I'm not getting back. Too bad I didn't even take the items from the downed bellowback. :( And I don't think I have the patience to do it again.
Weirdly, having scanned them, they seem to be level 18. And I'm level 16. So I don't know how difficulty they're intended to be. But they seem to have huge health pools.

Holyshit those huge bellowback dinosaurs (the firebreathing ones) are a pain to take down. And there are three of time in a group.
I spent maybe 30 mins just stealth hitting them, then running away to regain stealth. I think it took around 5-6 stealth jabs to take one down.
And then I got cocky and suddenly they started flinging explosive flameballs towards me, and took me out in one hit.
You have to scan them and check their weaknesses, on the body and the parts. When you're hitting from stealth only, you may only use an attack they're strong against.

The bellowbacks are pretty simple to get down with fire arrows or other fire projectiles (or freeze instead of fire if they're the other type). Aim at the part under their neck or on their back.

You have to scan them and check their weaknesses, on the body and the parts. When you're hitting from stealth only, you may only use an attack they're strong against.

The bellowbacks are pretty simple to get down with fire arrows or other fire projectiles. Aim at the part under their neck or on their back.
I'm gonna need to cheese them if I take them on directly, since I'm not sure I can dodge their flames.
But I'll give it a shot.

@danutz_plusplus Do you already have a sharpshot bow? I'm checking the notes in the game, and I see the gullet (what's under their neck) and the cargo sack (on their back) are both weak to all attacks. The default bow isn't very effective, but the sharpshot can make a lot of difference (both in damage and tear). Even more if you mod it. You have to compare the damage you can do with fire/freeze arrows (simple hunter bow) and with the sharpshot regular arrows.

You can also use a sling to shock them. I waited a lot before using them, maybe too long. Or you can use the tripcaster, but I've always found that a little hard to use in the open.

@danutz_plusplus Do you already have a sharpshot bow? I'm checking the notes in the game, and I see the gullet (what's under their neck) and the cargo sack (on their back) are both weak to all attacks. The default bow isn't very effective, but the sharpshot can make a lot of difference (both in damage and tear). Even more if you mod it. You have to compare the damage you can do with fire/freeze arrows (simple hunter bow) and with the sharpshot regular arrows.

You can also use a sling to shock them. I waited a lot before using them, maybe too long. Or you can use the tripcaster, but I've always found that a little hard to use in the open.
Yeah, I've got the sharpshot bow. I'll try it out.
My main worry with taking them head on is that I can't isolate them. They all stampede to me, so there's no way I can have enough room to maneuver.
I'll have to do a lot of running to get out o their way. Or maybe I can find a spot they can't reach. I'll have to see.

Yeah, taking them head-on and I didn't stand a chance. From a far they log explosive fireballs, if I'm close enough but behind walls the flames they spew manage to easily touch me. And it's just insane how quickly my health depletes.
So I went back to the first approach, and just abused the hell out of the tall-grass. Kept hitting one, then ran away, the rest came after me, hit another again. But this time I manage to always lose their sight before getting into tall-grass.
And surprisingly, I'm not sure how, but it felt like it took shorter than my first approach. Probably because this time I didn't try to focus my hits on one until I got him down. I took the stealth hit any chance I got, no matter which one was in my proximity. And took them all down. Unfortunately, didn't get anything of note, outside of xp. And I'm sure these will respawn.

Anyways, seems I'm fully invested in the stealth build. Even got my sprinting to not make as much noise, but it seems to be touch and go in terms of when it seems work or not.
Or better said, the enemies still react to me when I sprint very close to them but it seems like the stealth jab prompt doesn't disappear as fast, so usually I still have a chance to hit even though they've detected me.
My next skill will be the one allowing me to take out leaders/high ranking humans via stealth.

Yeah, I've got the sharpshot bow. I'll try it out.
My main worry with taking them head on is that I can't isolate them. They all stampede to me, so there's no way I can have enough room to maneuver.
I'll have to do a lot of running to get out o their way. Or maybe I can find a spot they can't reach. I'll have to see.
Is there no high gras near them to use stealth? If you shoot once and wait until their alarm is gone, they should never attack you. Using the sharp shoot bow and aiming for tearable items on them you should kill one in a few shots.

Edit: Saw your last post only now: If you are hiding in high gras, why would you run away after a shot? Keep hiding, may be crouch awy in the gras (without leaving it) if one of them is too near, but normally they don't find you as long as they are yellow and not red.

Is there no high gras near them to use stealth? If you shoot once and wait until their alarm is gone, they should never attack you. Using the sharp shoot bow and aiming for tearable items on them you should kill one in a few shots.
Yeah, I ended up using stealth but not with the bow. With the sharpbow, which is my main damage dealer, I would hit them for max 40-50 if I got them in a vulnerable splot. Or generally 5 in the rest of their body.
With the stealth jab of the spear, the UI at least said I'm hitting them for 200-210. So much better. Took about 4-5-6 stealth jab I estimate per beast.

Yeah, I ended up using stealth but not with the bow. With the sharpbow, which is my main damage dealer, I would hit them for max 40-50 if I got them in a vulnerable splot. Or generally 5 in the rest of their body.
With the stealth jab of the spear, the UI at least said I'm hitting them for 200-210. So much better. Took about 4-5-6 stealth jab I estimate per beast.
Have you upgraded your sharp shoot bow? Usually a few shots should be sufficient for even tall beasts as long as you tear removable items away using the tear damage. Do you use your focus view to identify the weak parts?

Another useful method is to use traps. The best ones are those consisting of a wire between two poles, which you place with two shots. You ca do that from stealth. When you have marked the trace of an enemy you can place it over the trace so the beast runs in it on his next round. Using such trap with elementary damage should also do the trick in four or five repetitions per enemy, even for middle to big sized ones.

Make sure that you have tried and experimented with all weapon types, so you can decide, which is best in each situation.

Last edited:
Have you upgraded your sharp shoot bow? Usually a few shots should be sufficient for even tall beasts as long as you tear removable items away using the tear damage. Do you use your focus view to identify the weak parts?
I can't remember. I know I've got the crafting upgrades, for more ammo. And put some thingy in the sockets of the bow. Not sure if there's other progression paths, outside of the skills.
Do note that I'm on the highest difficulty, and I feel the enemy health is tuned up.
1711568107747.png

You can try to isolate them by whistling one away from the group.

Otherwise, do you have to kill them right now? Just wait until you level up a little.

You can try to isolate them by whistling one away from the group.

Otherwise, do you have to kill them right now? Just wait until you level up a little.
No, but they were the only things that seemed to really spike at difficulty. And seeing them so close to my level, them 18 and me 16, I thought I should be able to handle them.
I do wonder about the next pack I'll encounter. If I'll not have tall-grass around. Or if the game finds it funny to throw one during a boss fight or something. :D

This is important: Only kill a beast if you have a reason. This game is not about trying to kill everything. If you only want to move between two locations you should rather avoid enemies.

This is important: Only kill a beast if you have a reason. This game is not about trying to kill everything. If you only want to move between two locations you should rather avoid enemies.
Unfortunately my ocd in these games wants me to face everything. If they're aggro towards me. Tall-necks I don't mess with. They're cool. :D

Unfortunately my ocd in these games wants me to face everything. If they're aggro towards me. Tall-necks I don't mess with. They're cool. :D
Enemies don't get aggro if they don't see you. Tall necks: You can't mess with them but you should climb on them. :)

Back
Top Bottom