What games are you playing now?

Still cavorting through Enderal, other than being a dark-fest, I'm having a good time with it. So far I believe I'm just progressing the main quest series, I think I'm level thirty-two and the main story is pretty compelling. I've been fairly lucky gear-wise, I seem to pick up a superior weapon just around the time I need it every two to three levels or so.

Still playing Evil within 2; I like the atmosphere but hate the save system and combat. I have around 10 hours in the game but chapter-wise still on chapter 3. Guess I'm spending too much time exploring and back-tracking; I'm sure once I finish the town and realize what the major features are a second play would only take a few hours.

Tower of time, reached 3rd level; combat feels dull and clunky but the exploration is great and the lore really intriguing, this is one of the few games where cant wait to find more notes, journals or stuff to read; also the music and that dude in the intro does a great job with his voice.

The story of Tower of Time, the history of what happened before is what kept me going in that game. Combined with the outrageous amount of exploration that you get for each floor, it's well worth the price. The combat does get a bit stale, and having to rotate gear can be tedious, but those are small prices to pay for such a great game. They did a lot of things right with it, and I'll be watching for future releases from that team.

Mad max. Just because. And because it is free in the origin vault :). Very cinematic opening. I haven't progressed much after but so far I'm really liking the premise and atmosphere. Just think of the possibilities of a proper RPG if they just made a couple of different choices (less focus on grinding, add dialogue, add skills, etc.). At least that's what I have gathered reading the reviews. I'm hoping to avoid the grinding by just focussing on the campaign missions.

Edit: wait, Max does have abilities!

Last edited:
I figured out what was wrong with Fallout 76 performance = GSync.

As soon as I switched to ULMB - the game performed much better, and is now fully playable.

Game is so, so full of content. The map is gigantic and you will stumble upon something interesting or neat at nearly every step.

It's a magnificent game for someone like myself, who enjoys exploration, progression and cooperative gameplay in a huge open world. There's so much to see and do - and it seems like you never run out of progression, and it will only improve later on.

The road map just released is also one of the most impressive I've ever seen - if not THE most impressive, so there's a ton of upcoming stuff to look forward to.

I've yet to experience a single disconnect from the server - which was a big problem near launch. It looks like this will be the game I'm playing alongside Division 2 - and until Anthem is fixed up in terms of content.

I got Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden and I am enjoying it. It seems like a pretty short game from what I can see, but it does have a really good atmosphere.

As it is a bit of a stealth game I think short is better for me. I also doubt there in any replayability in this game, but that's fine as I only paid $12 for it.

I strongly suggest it to people who enjoy stealth/tactical games.

STALKER Lost Alpha Director's Cut. Restores all the content from the original STALKER that was cut for Shadow of Chernobyl. Amazing survival/FPS/RPG hybrid, really enjoying it.

I put about three hours into Great Gaias this morning, I've loving it a lot so far. I just got off some pirate ship and it looks like I have an entire new island to explore!!

I'm playing Oblivion; mostly the Ayleid Steps mod and the Mage's Guild quest line. I haven't even picked up Martin yet from the temple.

Which doom is brutal doom ?

Details in the description here:

...now i'm gonna download a few Aliens TC's for Doom. Gotta say this was more fun than i expected, can't believe how great this game feels to play after so many years :)

I never heard of Brutal Doom before but it looks fantastic. :) I definitely need to give it a go. Thanks for posting the trailer, vurt!

Sounds like a mod for the original doom. Vaguely I think I might have played it or somethign similar to it a couple of years ago. No desire to go back to 1995 tech.

I never heard of Brutal Doom before but it looks fantastic. :) I definitely need to give it a go. Thanks for posting the trailer, vurt!

I'm still cruising along in Yakuza 0. It's been a really fun game! There's two main characters in two different cities that you bounce back and forth between - almost like two games shuffled into one. Gameplay has a main story, lots of side stories around town, and (eventually) an economic task for you to dump money into. Combat is hand to hand. It doesn't have the complexity of a real fighting game but it's more than enough to keep battles interesting.

Basically, if Saints Row and Jade Empire had a child, this'd be it.

It's pretty great!

Here are the installation instructions for anyone who wants to install it;

1. download gzdoom and extract into a folder
2. download brutal doom v21 and extract into the gzdoom directory.
3. extract either Doom1 or Doom2 wad (from the original game) into gzdoom folder.
4. drag latest brutal doom (bd21RC8.pk3) onto the gzdoom executable.

The game even supports my ultra wide 4K display, tons of graphical stuff to set in Options. Mouse look is obviously there, too :)

….now onto something different (well…);

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/aliens-total-conversion-mod-for-gzdoom-is-now-available/

Last edited:
Staving off the alien horde in
factorio-logo-3-300x200.jpg

Back
Top Bottom