What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Meh. I want Promotheus 2.

Oops, seems it is. Why the silly Alien: Covenant subtitle then?

Anyway, from scenes in the trailer it doesn't feel like Prometheus at all. Feels more like a Doom game - style without substance, no material to think about and forgettable.
Noomi Rapace being replaced by Assassin's Creed actor instead of holding the main role won't bring me into the cinema this time, the question is if I'll ever even watch this one.

Last edited:
Double bill of Iron Giant and Transcendence. Both great. Transcendence impressed me because I was expecting a straightforward "fight the evil AI" film and everything is a lot more ambiguous than that, and much more interesting for it :)

Eh? Watched a few Witcher episodes ( now on 6)...not that terrible, kind of funny, espec when Geralt fights rubber monsters on the screen. Rrooooaaaarrr! :p
(Some of) Secondary actors are much better than the others.

Went and saw Arrival earlier today. It was excellent. Thank you for suggestion!

I went to see it the other day. I have really mixed feelings.

I think it started off really great, but I didn't like the final 1/3, the ending felt rushed and a bit illogical and full of paradoxes to me. But I guess you can't avoid that when dealing with non-linear time. It'll end in a kind of eternal reasoning loop, if that didn't happen at that point in time, that would not happen in the future, which would make that not happen in the past. Of course with non-linear time that would be quite ok I guess. But it is a concept hard for the human brain to accept.

Watched X-Men: Apocalypse - just horrible: paper thin characters, lame story - just fan service really and probably prologue for their next film. I expected epic battles with apocalypse and dying x-men following the comics, but nothing like this in the movie.

Batman v superman: ultimate edition - liked it very much: a dark take on superheroism and reminds me of Watchmen. Characters are well fleshed out, good story and very high production values.

Last edited:
... what is wrong with fan service exactly? That's been my problem with most book to screen adaptations is that they want to change things too much.

Well, I got subscribed to David Icke's YT channel. Lots of material, with a conspiracy theory or two.
Eh? How do people see him in England, from the native's perspective? Sort of national loon?

Well, I got subscribed to David Icke's YT channel. Lots of material, with a conspiracy theory or two.
Eh? How do people see him in England, from the native's perspective? Sort of national loon?

Yes, we quite like him. He comes across as a nice guy, who just happens to be crazy as a box of frogs, and thinks the Queen feeds like this. Mind you, not that much sillier than a lot of beliefs people have out there. Compared to the standards of YouTube, he probably seems perfectly balanced.

I'm late to the party, but I finally saw Rogue One last night.

It was...ok. It was entertaining, but I thought it was definitely a tad too long, and I didn't care for most of the supporting cast. I did think the ending was good, although it was also easy to predict for obvious reasons. I thought the CGI was pretty impressive, especially Tarkin, and I loved the scene with Vader.

You might be late but I still haven't watched that one.
Based on previous entries where you always liked a movie at least a bit more than I did and for this one you say it's okay movie, I guess I'll just skippit. :D

Guess this not a theme for this thread. :)
I follow his work for a few years...interesting stuff...there are a lot of valid points he makes. If you want to have a talk about it fire up a PM or something(make a thread).
He is on tour and will be in Zagreb on 1st April,so if you are from Croatia,it should be close to you. :)

And,no I am not from the UK.

1st of April?
Nice date.

Back
Top Bottom