Where can i buy Wizardry 8

rvoissem

Watcher
Hi all, I played Wizardry 8 several years ago when it came out but i think i tossed the game a few years back. At least i could not find it in my stack of old games. Anyway, reading some of the posts on this forum has me wanting to play thru the game again. After doing some searching it would appear the game is very hard to come by at a reasonable price, ebay has it listed anywhere from $65 to $175. Any sugestions on where to get a copy at a acceptable price?

Thanks, Rick.

Last edited:
Ebay in Europe, UK <= 16 Euro (Buy It Now)

You do not necessarily have to have paypal to purchase anything. Especially something small like a pc game.
Do a US search and look at the methods of payment for each seller. You cand send cheques, but you will have to wait until they clear before you will be sent the item.
Paypalis an option that lots of people like because it is fast.

The price fluctuates. I bought my last copy fot just £6 English money. It is high priced at the moment.

Thanks for the replys, i guess i will have to keep an eye on ebay and hope the price drops in the near future. Man do i regret not keeping my old copy, i would have never guessed they would be selling for so much in the future.

Rick.

It's definately inflated right now. It was released as an exclusive at Electronics Boutique (now EBGames), so I'd probably focus there.

I was surprised to see it going for that much on Ebay. Almost made me think of selling my copy....after making backups of course. ;)

I would suggest Goozex.com, and still do for anyone in the US - but it is currently heavily requested and 0 available ... check it here.

I remember when there were dozens of copies in the bargain bin at all the software stores. Ironic that it's become so sought after all of a sudden.

I still don't understand why my version did cost only around 4 Euros - and that was 2004 !

It was in a box of reduced games in a second-hand shop.

Meanwhile, the game was sold for quite some more elsewhere.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I just cant bring my self to spend $ 65 plus shipping on a game this old. I think i will start hitting the local goodwill's and biglots, With luck i will find a copy.

Rick.

You could also keep fishing the ebay. If you wait a week or two you might find a cheaper one - it has always worked for me. Right now there is one buy-now for 24$ and one which bid is currently 5$ (ends in 3 days).

Som of the buy-nows are always overpriced - I never use them.

Yes quite right. It was only a few weeks ago i saw it much lower. I think it largely depends on how many copies are available. It always seems cheaper when there are lots of the game available for bidding. Sellers of "buy it now" have to lower there price once it is noted that bidders are paying much less.
At least that is my theory.

It was only a few weeks ago i saw it much lower.

I have found out that there's a certain rule with ebay:

At the beginning of the month, employees get payed here.

This means that the prices go up, because people have more money to spend.

Towards the end of the month, people have less money to spend, that's why the prices go rather down - and fewer items are put into ebay, too.

This is what I've observed.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I just cant bring my self to spend $ 65 plus shipping on a game this old. I think i will start hitting the local goodwill's and biglots, With luck i will find a copy.

Rick.

Also, I recommend signing up for Goozex - someone at another forum told me they were way back in a dead line for Divine Divinity but got it quickly last week because nobody else was ready for the trade!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys but my search is over, a friend i use to play City of Heroes with lent me his copy for now. It is going to be interesting to see if the Arnika road is as awful as i remember it being.

Thanks, again, Rick.

That gets you playing while you wait for prices to return to normal. Good deal.

And yes, Arnika Road really is that rough. ;)

Back
Top Bottom