Witcher 3 Witcher 3 Getting a Free Upgrade

The Witcher 3
You are right, we should appreciate their support for the game. My joke was not meant to belittle that. When they make a new DLC with the quality of the first two, or a new witcher game, I will be the first one to buy it.
I don't see CDPR developing anymore story content for TW3. Besides, the game almost has too much content as it is.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if the futures games are actually a little shorter.

I don't see CDPR developing anymore story content for TW3. Besides, the game almost has too much content as it is.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if the futures games are actually a little shorter.
I still have to find a game that I find too long. If I like a game it can't be long enough and if I don't like a game I stop playing it anyways.

Reactions: Kos
I still have to find a game that I find too long. If I like a game it can't be long enough and if I don't like a game I stop playing it anyways.
For me, regardless of how much I like a game, I'll eventually get tired of the setting and want to switch to something else. If I'm really enjoying a game, I have no problem going 100-150 hours, but beyond that is where I start eyeing other things.

The game length was no issue for me in TW3.
You can play the whole game, have a pause and return to play 1 DLC or the second one. They are 3 totally different story arcs.
You can even play them while doing the main story as long you reach a certain level.
It's lovely made.

On game length, I have a similar experience in that I really went overboard with W3. I spent around 160-170h I believe, on the main campaign and Hearts of Stone. And I think I did most of that in one month, since I was in the process of changing jobs.
After that boatload of content, I started Blood and Wine, and just balked at the idea of spending another 60 or I don't know how much for another huge continent. I was done. I just couldn't do it anymore. And I haven't touched W3 since, even though I loved what I played. I just burned out, I think.

I think I'm in a similar process with Dark Souls right now. It's been DS1/2/3 for aprox 200h so far. And I think I still have the interest for it. But once I'm done, there's no way I'm starting Elden Ring again. It's just too much.

Another patch today.

Patch 4.01 — list of changes

Patch 4.01 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now available! It improves the overall stability and performance of the game and brings various fixes.

Here's the list of changes for this update:

PC-SPECIFIC
  • Fixed an issue where the Screen Space Reflections setting wasn't working on PC despite being turned on. Players who had previously set their SSR setting to high may notice a performance impact.
  • Added a new performance mode for ray-traced global illumination, which can be toggled by players with compatible hardware. It improves frame rate by prioritizing performance over range and precision.

QUESTS & GAMEPLAY
  • Battle Preparations
    - Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to interact with Avallac'h during the objective "Let Avallac'h know everything's ready."
  • Family Matters
    - Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during the transition to Ciri's Story: Out of the Shadows when speaking to the Bloody Baron.
  • King's Gambit
    - Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to participate in the fistfight with the second Vildkaarl due to an invisible obstacle.
  • Wine Wars: Belgaard
    - Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 4.00, where the quest couldn't be completed if the player destroyed one of the required monster nests during exploration.
  • A Dangerous Game
    - The armor in Caesar's room should now change its appearance when the Alternate Nilfgaardian Armor is turned on.
  • Axii Puppet - Increased the health and damage dealt by the puppet.
  • Adrenaline Rush mutation should now work according to its description.
  • Various small fixes to quests and cutscenes.

Back
Top Bottom