XCOM 2 - Review Roundup

Call me obsessed, but I actually returned to the thread just to read what Ovenall wrote. :D

Not sure if he's being serious or sarcastic though...

I've only play the tutorial plus 1 mission so it's probably not very helpful but no bug or optimization issues so far for me.

I'm bracing myself though from everything I'm hearing.

I probably just let it sit a bit while I continue to work on dragons dogma.

My pc meets the recommended specs and the game runs just fine, occasional slowdowns especially during cutscenes but overall it is running fine. For what concerns bugs… compared to how AAA games are usually released I would consider XCOM 2 polished, there are a few bugs and glitches but nothing game breaking so far for me (I'm about halfway in the campaign).

This game is TBS gold, on the tactical side there are so many possibilites and on the strategical one always interesting choices to make and hard decisions to take.
I love how it keeps you always under pressure.

I have heard complaints about turn timers, well I usually hate timed missions in TBS games but here I'm liking them… you are a guerrilla force and you have to strike fast and hard, I think they managed to achive a good balance.. you can't turtle the mission but you don't need to rush it either.

There's surely room for improvement but that's what expansions (and mods) are for, to me it's already clear that this game is going to be remembered for quite same time among the TBS lovers.

I haven't had an issue playing this at all, I've put roughly thirty eight hours or so in so far. I could do another play of this from scratch at any time, it has been a real joy to play.

Yup was just saying I had no issues with the game at all, and finished the campaign about an hour ago. I really enjoyed Xcom Two, and I look forward to any and all expansions, I'm quite intrigued with just how it ended and where it will all go next.

Unless people here are talking about some serious stuttering anytime you use heavy weapons, I had no problems at all with this game. However anytime a heavy weapon was used or something in the environment got blown up or destroyed, for a few seconds the game looked like a slide show, but I never crashed or anything. It was no big deal to me.

I think I'll wait on this until they fix the optimization, bugs, and have a "Complete" version.

[XCOM2] [Bugs] A List of Bugs

Complete game is what I'm waiting for…

Meanwhile someone made a mod called "Stop Wasting My Time":
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=620600092
- Removed 1-3sec pause after shooting, throwing grenades, abilities, etc.
- Removed 1 sec pause after getting a kill
- Removed 2.75 sec pause after going into cover
- Reduced pauses from reanimating corpses and unburrowing chryssalids by 80%
- Removed unskippable Bradford voiceovers
- Increased unit movement speed by ~20% (This is much less than other mods, it doesn't break immersion by turning every unit into Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Removed slowdown of non-attacked enemies during overwatch slow-mo
- Increased the speed of the Avenger on the global map
- Reduced the fade-in time of the horrendously slow color picker

Complete game is what I'm waiting for…

Meanwhile someone made a mod called "Stop Wasting My Time":
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=620600092

Just to remind us all this mod (as someone pointed in PCgamer comments section) isn't a bugifx; it just removes some unnecessary pauses during gameplay. And the mod creator (BlueRaja) said he couldn't remove two pauses that are hard-coded into the game itself: the pause after a unit becomes panicked, and the second one, after the end of every turn.

I'll surely give it a try !!

Again, watching something that takes 1-3 seconds to act out didn't affect the game for me in a bad way at all. Any pauses like that just had me looking at the map for an extra second or so and making sure my guys were where I actually wanted them to be. Myself, I'm more concerned about crashing out of the game or not being able to launch it, and I had no issues at all like those with the game.

Just to remind us all this mod (as someone pointed in PCgamer comments section) isn't a bugifx
It's not a bugfix, the title is pretty clear about what it is.
I wish norespawn mods also get the same "stop wasting my time" titles in grinders. ;)

Well, I'm loving the game. There are some seriously hard missions though.

The final two missions had me at under five health on two characters at one point, thank goodness for powered armour. That final fight with the five avatars took me like two hours I think!

I'm enjoying it, but only now because I'm saving/reloading turns quite frequently. The cheese factor is just too high with some of these new enemy abilities, and has made it more about trial and error than strategy. I just need to get through this first campaign and then will use mods to de-cheese it.

Back
Top Bottom