XCOM 2's RPGWatch Team

I'm sure this is what Caddy's character looks like, trying to fight aliens in-game:

go-web-go-o.gif

So, I'll be starting another XCOM2 game.

I seem addicted to this game, but I love the mods.
There's a whole new mods that redefines the classes completely, it's called a Better Barracks.
I will try that one and I will try importing the RPGWatch Team, but I can't see a link to download.

So, I'll be starting another XCOM2 game.

I seem addicted to this game, but I love the mods.
There's a whole new mods that redefines the classes completely, it's called a Better Barracks.
I will try that one and I will try importing the RPGWatch Team, but I can't see a link to download.

Pladio,

You read my thoughts, these last few days I've been thinking to bring this thread online again (I won't use the expression "bring it from the dead" because to me, this thread will never be dead; it will be "resting"). :p I've been thinking to reactivate it because I have an idea for another fellow Watchmember to join the Team :)

When you asked me previously for the file containing the RPGWatch Team, I sent it to your personal e-mail account. I can - and I will - send you again.

Regarding War of the Chosen mods can you tell if those mods I've used for customizing characters (new clothes, new props, balaclavas, etc) were updated to the expansion?

Another question: what does Better Barracks do?

See you!

EDIT: E-mail sent, let me know if the import worked :)

Last edited:
Pladio,

You read my thoughts, these last few days I've been thinking to bring this thread online again (I won't use the expression "bring it from the dead" because to me, this thread will never be dead; it will be "resting"). :p I've been thinking to reactivate it because I have an idea for another fellow Watchmember to join the Team :)

When you asked me previously for the file containing the RPGWatch Team, I sent it to your personal e-mail account. I can - and I will - send you again.

Regarding War of the Chosen mods can you tell if those mods I've used for customizing characters (new clothes, new props, balaclavas, etc) were updated to the expansion?

Another question: what does Better Barracks do?

See you!

EDIT: E-mail sent, let me know if the import worked :)

Regarding customisations. Unfortunately, I do not remember which mods you used, but I can check.

Regarding A Better Barracks. It replaces all of the original classes with new ones, who instead of being fully pre-determined, have semi-randomised skills to choose from.

** What is A Better Barracks? **

A Better Barracks changes the classes, perks, weapons and items in the game and adds new ones. It’s meant as a companion mod for A Better ADVENT(ABA), but can be used without it. ABB is an overhaul that touches on a lot of different things and is meant as a core mod to build your other mods around. The stated goal of the changes in ABB is increasing the depth of decision that the player has. This is done primarily by offering more options during character building and extending these options to the equipment as well. It’s not necessarily about nerfing or buffing XCOM, it’s about making multiple different playstyles viable and providing more diverse tools to the player for crafting the experience that he wants to get from XCOM2.

Highlights:
– 8 Classes, each one defined by a secondary weapon that only that class can use.
– Semi-Randomized perk trees that are built from a large pool of both class specific and general perks.
– Redesign of the primary weapons, and all classes get to pick one of two weapon types instead of being stuck to one.
– All weapons play very different due to unique firing and reloading mechanics
– Integration of the Long War secondary weapons (Holotargeter, Sawed Off, Arc Thrower, Combat Knife)
– New weapons, new items, new armors, etc etc.
– Overhauled upgrade system with weapon fragments and upgrade components
– Includes a complete overhaul of Psi mechanics

Note it has some prereqs:

PREREQUISITES

You need the Community Highlander and the FX fix because of the secondary weapons from LW. If you are not using A Better ADVENT, you will also need the Rifle Suppression fix by bountygiver.

Prerequisite is also the will to drop most other mods, as ABB is not exactly compatibiliy-friendly, touching on a lot of different stuff. Expect any weapon, class or strategy layer mods to be incompatible and relish the exceptions.

Speaking of exceptions, zamster made a compatibilty patch that allows you to use various weapon kits with ABB, you can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1162417893

The full mod list I will use:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1380885054

Regarding customisations. Unfortunately, I do not remember which mods you used, but I can check.

Let's not specifically talk about the mods I used. What I meant was: the main cosmetic mods, do you know if they got updated to War of the Chosen? I confess I started playng WotC when it was released, and then I got distracted by some other game, and by doing so I stayed away from the XCOM 2 mod scene.

As for your link above, Steam reports an error:
Sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:
That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author.

Let's not specifically talk about the mods I used. What I meant was: the main cosmetic mods, do you know if they got updated to War of the Chosen? I confess I started playng WotC when it was released, and then I got distracted by some other game, and by doing so I stayed away from the XCOM 2 mod scene.

As for your link above, Steam reports an error:
Sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:
That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author.
Well there are lots of cosmetic mods for wotc so I would say yes.

I'll check the link later when I get home.

Maybe I need to make it public or something..

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

That's a helluva lot of mods, Pladio! Any word on Long War w/ War of the Chosen being worked on? Or something like it?

That's a helluva lot of mods, Pladio! Any word on Long War w/ War of the Chosen being worked on? Or something like it?

As far as I know, they have no plans to do so themselves but another team was trying to port it and make changes of their own, however, they stopped.
https://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

Regarding my mods, yeah it is, but they all seem to be working fine. I tested it without the RPGWatch team. You don't need all of them, especially not the ones that change visuals, but I like the new enemy types, new map types, new missions, new weapons, new classes, etc. :)

Unfortunately, I just tried launching the game and it is no longer working.
I have no clue what happened, so I will keep you guys posted.
Henrique, thanks for the e-mail.

What isn't working anymore? The file containing the RPGWatch Team? I also have no clue what could have happened :(
I just resent you the same e-mail I've previously sent you, I didn't mess with the file.
I will take all my mods out of the game, in order to try and generate the file again.

What isn't working anymore? The file containing the RPGWatch Team? I also have no clue what could have happened :(
I just resent you the same e-mail I've previously sent you, I didn't mess with the file.
I will take all my mods out of the game, in order to try and generate the file again.

No, the actual game :D

I am reinstalling now.

No, the actual game :D

I am reinstalling now.

Well, then I won't re-generate the file :D]
I wish you luck with the reinstallation!

Last edited:
Well, then I won't re-generate the file :D]
I wish you luck with the reinstallation!

Ok, so I have re-installed and reduced the number of mods a bit.
It seems to be working now. I'll try to load the Team and let you know how it goes after a couple of missions.

LOL what a great idea ! Why am I seeing this thread only now ? :lol:

Edit : Ah, it was created at the time when i was absent from this forum here.

Well, I had a go and something strange happened.
Some of soldiers became squaddie psi ops even though none of the mods I have should allow for that to happen.

I have no idea how.
I'm going to try again today and see if it does happen.

Last edited:
LOL what a great idea ! Why am I seeing this thread only now ? :lol:

Edit : Ah, it was created at the time when i was absent from this forum here.

You can always wait for one "soldier" or another being added, from time to time. :D

Well, I seem to have fixed it.
I played three missions today with the team and I have not had one psiops come up.

Game seems to be working fine now and the new classes are very interesting. All the new items too.

Back
Top Bottom