Shortage again? I thought they already played that card.
Same shortage that was predicted but now happening.

Less production causes a shortage, doesn't meet demand, Higher prices and Profits.

Same shortage that was predicted but now happening.

Less production causes a shortage, doesn't meet demand, Higher prices and Profits.
I'm not sure it's the real cause. They indeed reduced the production because the offer was much higher than the demand, but reducing it too much isn't profitable either. From what I read, there's a shortage of materials, but I'm not sure why. Was it because of the earthquake near the Toshiba factory, or a far consequence of the Covid?

Also, the predictions seem to suggest a significantly cost increase for the next 4 years, at least. That is, if there isn't a new, denser technology coming on the market before.

Don't worry China will come to the rescue as always. They are going to corner the market with cheap chips with high fail rates, but are cheaper nobody will be able to compete.

Amazon is flooded with them already.:unsure:

Yeah, it's difficult to find any product that isn't from China on Amazon, except books and known brands. They're very creative with the name of the companies by making them sound European on European Amazon websites. I usually buy elsewhere or, if I don't find anything, I take the time to find a provider who isn't Chinese if possible.

The local newspaper writes that the solar panel industry slowly but surely gets pwned by China by undercutting prices, this driving normal manufacturing firms into ruins - and then dominating the complete industry, down to the smallest components. Same as they are dominating amazon now.

It's the trend with everything. From what I've heard these last few years, even cars will be a service, eventually. Who knows, maybe even houses. Owning is overrated. ;)

It's the perfect DRM. As I always said.

The US Energy Information Administration estimates that the electricity use from cryptocurrency mining amounts to 0.6 to 2.3% of the total US electricity consumption.

From the original report,
Although cryptocurrency mining began in the United States about a decade ago, the activity began to expand rapidly in 2019. Recent growth is largely due to cryptocurrency mining operations relocating to the United States from China after that country cracked down on digital currency mining in 2021, though reports indicate that there may still be some mining in China. As cryptocurrency mining has increased in the United States, concerns have grown about the energy-intensive nature of the business and its effects on the U.S. electric power industry. Concerns expressed to EIA include strains to the electricity grid during periods of peak demand, the potential for higher electricity prices, as well as effects on energy-related carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.

I thought crypto-mining was on the decline. Either way, that information isn't very useful with that much of a variance between the numbers.