Toy and entertainment giant Hasbro is cutting a significant amount of jobs, citing a softer market for toys. Hasbro said in an SEC filing that it conducted a "further review" of its cost structure and organization design, and it is shedding 900 jobs as a result. Hasbro said this will include both voluntary early retirement and layoffs, which are due to be completed in the next 18-24 months.

This move comes after Hasbro announced a cost-savings effort in October 2022 and announced a plan to eliminate about 1,000 jobs, which works out to about 15% of the company's total workforce. Hasbro said it expected to spend more than $94 million for severance, stock compensation, and employee benefits related to those cuts. The 900 job losses announced today bring the total number of cuts to 1,900, with a further $40 million in expenses related to the cuts.

The incident with the lion actually happened quite a long time ago (2011). I'm not sure why that footage is making the rounds on Twitter now. The guy ended up losing a big chunk of his right calf and later had to have his left arm amputated near the elbow.

The incident with the lion actually happened quite a long time ago (2011). I'm not sure why that footage is making the rounds on Twitter now. The guy ended up losing a big chunk of his right calf and later had to have his left arm amputated near the elbow.
So did he actually climb up there and stick his leg inside, all on his own? That's insane.
Reminds me of another recent case of youngter idiocy, where a dude was on a cruise ship with his classmates and friends, and he jumped off the ship in the middle of the night, and last I heard, was never heard from again. Darwinian indeed.

He climbed up to get a photo of his friends on the other side of the enclosure. He didn't actually stick his leg in the cage. The lion reached its paw through the bars and grabbed him, then another lion grabbed his arm.

I liked Max Headroom more.

Isn't that the bloke that played Jimmy in Rescue Me? That was such a good show and his character was a major catalyst for propelling much of the stories. And of course that's far too young to pass in any case. -xxxx RIP.

Lesson learned : Do not watch Amazon fanfic ...

Seems Noah Gervais has an older video I forgot about, on one of the impressive philosophical games I've ever played. SOMA
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U_rfYXXdOY

It goes without saying, but don't watch it if you haven't played the game. And play it, even if horror is off-putting.
There's also a story-mode difficulty that takes away all the "survival-horror" elements and just leaves the story.
But it's really worth playing even with the challenge removed. Absolutely incredible story.

Thanks for the video, I will watch it later, and for reminding me of the game. SOMA indeed was a superb experience. One of the most atmospheric games I played. Pretty dark but definitely worth it if you are in the mood for pondering on the bigger things of life for a while.