Jagged Alliance: Flashback - Update #28, and 29

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Full Control has added even more updates fo Jagged Alliance: Flashback. This time it's good news as the kickstarter campaign ended successfully at $368,614. I said it would take a miracle for this to happen in the last 24hrs, and it did.
WE MADE IT

Dear Backers,

You guys truly are awesome :D WE MADE IT without having to rob a bank or Thomas making a last minute dash for Gold. We're so grateful and we just can't wait to get started on this incredible game.

We had a lot of fun doing the Reddit and live "countdown" for the initial goal and we hope you enjoyed it too. We'll be doing updates during the development phase…dev videos and possible also live Q&A sessions (we felt really relaxed in that setup)

As mentioned before, we'll setup a Slacker Backer initiative on our minisite, (www.jaggedallianceflashback.com) which will run for at least 2-3 months, so both new and current backer will have a chance to make a push for additional Stretch Goals. And yes, we know, the page definitely needs some more love. But we just couldn't give it over the last weeks. But we will in the very near future. But yes, the most important thing is: Stretch Goals can still be reached.

Flugente joins the Modding-Crew

Sometimes weird things happen. And after the campaign is over, believe us, we have some weird stories to tell about stuff that happened here and there. Quite some funny anecdotes so to speak. However we’d like to reveal one of these little things today. It’s a little story about communication and how it can go wrong, yet end successful. It’s the story of Flugente, one of the modders who work on v1.13 these days. Actually that guy really did some amazing work and put more features into the modification than we could list here.

So our mission was clear: Convince him to join our modding-team. We contacted him, talked about what we plan and how we want to achieve this with his and the others help. And he was like “yeah, sure, I’m interested”. We wrote some private messages over at the Bear’s Pit. And everything looked fine.

Everything fine then? Sure. But not this time. Somehow both parties talked at cross-purposes. While Flugente thought he already joined, we thought he didn’t confirm that. And then silence came around the corner. Yesterday we were told that he wondered why he was never mentioned in the updates. We were like “Huh? Sh*t, we messed something up here!”. So we contacted him right away. And here we are. Proud to announce a last-day-joined Modder for the Modding-Team who already joined before without us recognizing it. Sorry for that Flugente! And welcome on board!
More information.

Last edited:
Backed this - although I'm not super confident in what the result will be. And probably not enough cash to do anything that special.

After how it started, I'm amazed it made it. That said, I'm happy. While it won't be the scope of a full JA3-type game, the engine is already in place and they seem to be willing to put their own money in.

I think the team is big enough to do a game at least half what JA2 was when counting sectors, and that's still a lot of gameplay.

The constant updates certainly kept you aware of the campaign, on a daily basis. Probably best to be heavyhanded if you want people to think of you often, and they did this well, imo.

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom