Chained Echoes - 16-bit fantasy RPG with Mechs

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Chained Echoes is described as a 16-bit fantasy RPG with Mechs and is currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter.

Take up your sword, channel your magic or board your Mech. Chained Echoes is a 16-bit SNES style RPG set in a fantasy world where dragons are as common as piloted mechanical suits. Follow a group of heroes as they explore a land filled to the brim with charming characters, fantastic landscapes and vicious foes. Can you bring peace to a continent where war has been waged for generations and betrayal lurks around every corner?

Key features

• 20-25 hours of play time
  • Fast paced turn-based battles
  • No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around
  • Tons of items to be looted, stolen or crafted
  • Complex skill and equipment system
  • Customize your own airship
  • Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech
  • 16-bit SNES style graphics
  • Music inspired by PSX RPGs
Chained Echoes combines the simplicity of classic games with modern gameplay to bring an epic and fast-paced adventure to PC, Mac and Linux in a little over 2 years. A Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4 version will be simultaneously released if the corresponding stretch goal is reached (in this case you will be able to switch the platform of your digital copy to Switch or PS4 after the campaign's end). Please keep in mind that even if the stretch goal is not reached, a Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4 port might come at a later point in time .

The game will be English only. Further languages will be available through stretchgoals, with German coming a little earlier than the others (it is easier to handle because I'm from Germany).
More information.

Mechs and airships? What the heck it only costs a few bucks.:thumbsup:

Old JRPG turn-based games had usually pretty fast turn-based combat. Things, including you, died with a few hits and actions were performed swiftly. Some even had(have) auto-combat features where the game just calculated the results based on gear/stats.

Going by the video of the KS, they are emulating the style very closely. It actually looks pretty good, but I stopped backing games, I'll buy it when it release.

It's a good pitch, and there's some genuine talent there, I think.

16-bit SNES style graphics
Wake me up when a project is from this century.

The updates are coming fast and furious for this project, this kind of communication is likely to serve them well. Just look at all the platforms they are planning to land this on, that in itself is quite ambitious.

FUN! I laughed heartily on that dramatic scene with the stupid bird trying to catch up. :D

Back
Top Bottom