RPGWatch Feature - Might & Magic X Review

"In an age where developers tend to use their customers for QA and regularly ignore what their customers ask for, Limbic's approach was a breath of fresh air."

Someone hasn't done their homework… Epic Fail ;)
Would you care to add some detail?

Fatnacker, there's some evidence out there somewhere that says something to the contrary of what you're trying to imply.

I'll take pointlessly cryptic trolling for $400, Alex.

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and guess you mean how unoptimized the game seems to be?

It is a bit of a mess in that aspect (damn thing seems more resource intensive than maxed out W2 and Skyrim ffs :D ). Personally could not care less, its a very good, very enjoyable old school game and I would love to see them do another (although alas I am probably not doing it sufficient justice playing it on normal but I need to be sure that I finish it before DS2 is out). It is kind of silly though (and I imagine a pain for people with modest PCs)…

I actually don't regret giving my money to ubi! what more praise can I lavish on it? ;)

Sorry dteowner for not having read your review yet (had bough the game on the morning the sale went up, am a bit spoiler-phobic :) ) will come back after I am done with this run…

I just started playing, and the game is great. I haven't had any kind of performance issues with my several years old machine, everything on max, so I guess it might be related to specific hardware?

Well iirc the game is more memory intensive than it should have been hence forcing people with 32 bit OSes to medium quality textures.

On my machine (*) the game has hitches/odd fps drops (to the low 50s or high 40s?) from 60 specifically at night and some times when turning 90 degrees in outdoor maps that are really hilarious for a machine that is running the Witcher 2 at a solid 60 at all times (both games are maxed out minus AA and downsampled from 1620 to 1080p) ;)

(*i7 3770k@4.5 16GB Ram OCed gtx780 running off one of my secondary Samsung 840 ssds)

Do your research, it will become very transparent what this so called Dev team and publisher did.I'm not opening old wounds again in here. ;)

You're the one who made the claim (Epic fail). You're the one who should document the claim. Seems like you're not able to do that. Epic fail.

pibbur

You're the one who made the claim (Epic fail). You're the one who should document the claim. Seems like you're not able to do that. Epic fail.

pibbur

Cant and wont, two distinctly different meanings. If you couldn't be bothered to keep up to speed on this topic i'm not doing the work for you.

Have a nice day ;)

Oh, I know the difference between can't and won't. The question is: do I believe you can?

No.

But I agree with you. It's not worth it wasting more time on you.

have a nice day.

pibbur

M&MX is one of the few games that should not receive any hate other then the u-play crap. Small developer and I think they did a fantastic job with the resources they had. I would say this is the kind of game that kickstarters should strive to be.

I am bias though New World Computing and JVC made the best games of my childhood. Come on JVC do a kickstarter for one last go around.

I am bias though New World Computing and JVC made the best games of my childhood. Come on JVC do a kickstarter for one last go around.

That's not a bad idea as his last game has been cancelled by EA. It would have to be called something different though as Ubisoft owns the name now.

Also to get back on topic thanks for the review dteowner. It reminds me I have to finish the game with the new DLC that was released this month.

Last edited:
M&MX is one of the few games that should not receive any hate other then the u-play crap.

Crap does not begin to describe it. Anyone else notice that you need to be online for the game to work properly?

I was playing offline and lost an hour of my life going in circles and trying to figure out why the option to fly to the forge was greyed out. Turns out it allows you to when you get online... :thumbsdown:

That has nothing to do with being online as far as I know.
This can have two reasons:
1. The game is not patched properly (for which you need to be online once)
2. The game is a cracked press version

Yes it does.
I reproduced it twice. Went offline the option was greyed out. Exited the game went online the option was OK.

Saved on the forge, flied back on the throne room while offline, the option was again greyed out and so on and so forth.
(might be a crappy sort of bug on Limbic's side. Can't say I give an f :) )
I just bought the game on the sale btw, as I said above so I do not appreciate your insinuation.

Was more intended as a fact than as insinuation ^^
I just know someone with this exact problem and it was common for the mentioned version - which he used.

If JVC ever did a kickstarter for a new game similar to M&M, I'd be first in line to throw money at him.

I'll be there right after you. I can't think of anyone I'd like to see a Kickstarted game from more than Jon van Caneghem. Him, and some programmers he has worked with before - unburdened by publishers could come out with a great RPG. A spiritual successor to the M&M games (like what the Obsidian folks are doing with Pillars of Eternity).

Well.. I'd probably like to see a Roberta Williams kickstarter, but I think that she is 100% truly retired and not coming back.

Back
Top Bottom