The Witcher - More Enhanced Edition News

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A bunch of updates at The Witcher site and elsewhere in ancticipation of the imminent Enhanced Edition release.

...and specific details on the download edition:
Wipe away your tears, little one, because we’ve got a nice treat for you. If you bought the original version of The Witcher and registered it at thewitcher.com, you’ll be able to download all of the great content from the Enhanced Edition for free starting September 19!

That’s right – FREE! No strings attached, just good old-fashioned FREE. Log in and download.

You may be wondering – “What do they mean by ‘all’ of the content”? This is what we mean:

- Patch 1.4 (which turns the standard edition into The Witcher: Enhanced Edition)
- D’jinni Adventure Editor v1.4
- Two new adventures (“The Price of Neutrality” and “Side Effects”)
- Making-of videos
- ‘Inspired by The Witcher’ music CD
- Official soundtrack of the game
- Game manual
- Official game guide
- Map of The Witcher’s World
You may notice that “all” in this case doesn’t include the short story that is found in the retail version… unfortunately getting that released online would be some sort of massive undertaking involving numerous book publishers around the world. So it’s almost everything.
Pretty impressive, isn’t it?
So, let me suggest you that visiting www.thewitcher.com should be – no, more than that - it must be the very first thing you do on the 19th of September!

Know-how to installation of Enhanced Edition
1. Download the Patch file (it’s something about 1GB)
2. Download the language file/files (more or less 500 MB)
3. Gather them In one folder
4. Start the installation of the Patch.
5. Enjoy The Enhanced Edition :)
6. (Optional) Download bonus content & soundtrack
Finally, if you haven't yet bought The Witcher, the EE version has been added to Stardock's Impulse digital service.
More information.

Thank you for the quick and comprehensive info, which is why I can count on you.

Awesome. I had almost given up hope. Its really nice to see a mainstream game developer do stuff like this. Hopefully this will show other developers the path to enlightenment. CD Projekt is now one of the only developers that I will champion (mainstream stuff anyway) If only others in the business would take a freakin clue...

I watched the new dialog trailer... and damn! That looks -- and sounds -- good!

I'll be paying for the upgrade. Hell, I might even buy the collector's edition. This sort of behavior needs to be encouraged.

I envy you. Playing it the first time as the EE ought to be a real treat. Just be sure to set the difficulty to Hard -- it's much more fun.

Did you see, it's also been added to Steam for pre-order?

Any pic of the new inventory?The inventory in the original game was really awful i wish all developers did that

we need to support developer who do stuff like this PLEASE, everyone, buy the game if you pirated it. i bought it on launch but i know i'll buy it again.

According to the IGN preview, "save game are fully compatible." Pretty impressive given the extent of the changes.

I'll be getting it again. This definatly needs to be encouraged. This is by far the most times I've bought a game. I bought two USA versions (they were gifts for my family), European version (I wanted to see what all the hype was about those cards ;))and now I'll buy the extended version when it comes out.

I wonder if Dungeon Lords had done this with their game if the feedback would of been a little more positive. Well we'll never know because they made the customers buy the Collectors edition if they wanted to "new improvements".

I just bought the original version of the Witcher - can I "upgrade" to this extended in any way? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I've not really been following this.

Just register your game on the Witcher website and download the Enhanced Edition when it becomes available in a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom