Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
I wonder how soon is soon :p I am trying not to get my hopes up but very interested in this game so far.
Yeah they could of teased something like they did with The Outer Worlds 2. Still the game is supposedly midway through development by now. So soon might be later this year.

Rumor-mill says the target is 2023 for release. A possible PoE 3 is also in development.

A POE3, really? I would be on that. I played a lot of POE 1 and 2 and enjoyed both a lot. I recently restarted a POE1 play through to tide me over although I also just got Wildermyth so that first :)

Fallout: London Mod Official Reveal Trailer

Fallout: London is a DLC-sized mod for Bethesda's Fallout 4. As a continuation of the base game, the mod will allow the player to visit the previously unexplored post-apocalyptic environment of London.

As a divergence from previous official titles in the series, Fallout: London is not set in America. Visiting a totally new setting allows for us to explore totally new cultures which have not homogenized with their American counterparts. It also allows us to explore pre-war European history, and the effects the Resource Wars had on the class structured society of pre-war Britain.
Woljif Jefto - Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Companion Trailer

You either love him or hate him, want him gone, or never let him go. But no matter how you feel, you better watch your pockets! Meet our charming eldritch scoundrel Woljif, as he introduces himself in our new video.
Lost Eidolons Demo Now Available! - Kickstarter
Steam Next Fest has begun and Lost Eidolons is participating! You can try out the game demo today until June 22nd!

[What You Can Expect from Demo]

This is an early look at the game and isn't a representation of the final game.

In the demo you'll be able to:

• Challenge Episode 7's battle.
  • Visit the camp after Episode 7's battle.
  • Challenge Episode 8's battle.
  • Visit the camp after Episode 8's battle.
While at the camp, you can perform a variety of activities, as well as prepare for the upcoming battle between episodes 7 and 8. The combat will be set to the Challenging difficulty, and since we are not providing other difficulty options, we are providing unlimited use of "Undo" function for the demo.
Final Fantasy VII PC Remake EGS Listing Spotted - Gematsu
Epic Games Store data tracker Epic Games Data has uncovered listings for Final Fantasy VII Remake and Alan Wake Remastered.
Biomutant Patch 1.5 released - THQNordic
PC Specific

• Added “Field of View Type” setting for selecting between horizontal and vertical Field of View. Vertical Field of View is useful when using a wider monitor to get the correct aspect ratio. By default, the Field of View is set to be horizontal.
  • Fixed crash when temporarily losing contact with the GPU.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Dev Highlights of E3 2021

A development diary of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 dedicated to E3 2021. A deep dive into the gameplay trailer we showed.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister DLC Survey - Twitter Announcement
Hey folks! Want to help us better understand what you're looking for in upcoming updates and DLCs? Just drop by and answer this quick survey to give us a hand.
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands devs reveal more of the D&D-inspired spin-off - PCGamesN
Developer Gearbox finally unveiled the new Borderlands spin-off, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, last week at Kickoff Live, but the initial trailer didn't give us a whole lot of info on what the actual game will look like. Now, the devs have started to reveal a few details on the gameplay, plus a few in-game images showing some new environments and enemies.
5 Soulslike Games That Are More Like Bloodborne Than Dark Souls - GaneRant
Over the past decade, the Souls-like genre has quickly exploded in popularity thanks to FromSoftware's Dark Souls series. With an intricate combat system, obscure lore, and punishing difficulty, Dark Souls served as the blueprint for countless Souls-like games that would be released over the years. Similarly, Bloodborne would build upon the mechanics found in Dark Souls while adding Lovecraftian influences and a Victorian setting.
Will Dragon Age Get A Remastered Trilogy - Screenrant
Mass Effect Legendary Edition recently released, remastering the original trilogy of Mass Effect games. Currently, Mass Effect Legendary Edition is enjoying the highest number of concurrent players on Steam for a BioWare game to date, though the astounding success of the remaster brings a few questions to mind for BioWare's future plans. The looming question is if there is a chance that BioWare's fantasy RPG, Dragon Age, will receive a similar remaster.
CDPR keeps fiddling at the edges of Cyberpunk's doomed world - PCGamer
It feels like there's still a problem of expectations with Cyberpunk 2077: that, somehow, CDPR can still 'fix' it, and maybe all that hope and hype over so long will eventually prove worth it. The studio certainly has the resource to pull a No Man's Sky. The question is whether it would be better for us all if CDPR just fixed all the bugs, and moved on.
George R. R. Martin finished his work on Elden Ring "years ago" -Gamesradar
Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin has been talking up Elden Ring in a new interview, expanding on his role in the game's development.

In the interview itself, a portion of which you can see just below, Martin elaborates slightly on his actual role in Elden Ring's development. The author firstly says that his work on the game was done "years ago," but how long ago exactly is left something of a mystery.
Should Mass Effect 4 Ignore Andromeda? - Screenrant
Since the release of the Mass Effect 4 trailer, many have theorized on how the new game could work the events and characters of Mass Effect: Andromeda into BioWare's original trilogy. For the sake of new players and the series' story, however, it might best to keep them separate and leave Mass Effect: Andromeda in the past.

Last edited:
Pete Hines and Aaron Greenberg Join Us! - Kinda Funny Xcast Ep. 46

SnowBikeMike and Parris Lilly are joined by Aaron Greenberg and Pete Hines to talk about Microsoft and Bethesda's big week at E3!

Time Stamps:

00:00:00 - Start
00:00:40 - Housekeeping
00:01:30 - Pete Hines and Aaron Greenberg Interview
00:31:21 - Ads
00:35:56 - Our Overall Thoughts on Xbox’s E3
00:53:37- The Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase Rundown
01:32:51- Xbox Games Extended Showcase HOSTED By Our Guy Parris Lily
01:41:15 - Heads Up
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance Interview - WCCFTech
With the launch scheduled for next Tuesday, June 22nd, we reached out to developer Tuque Games (previously known for Livelock and acquired by Wizards of the Coast back in late 2019) to learn more about Dark Alliance through an interview with Lead Mission Designer Jean-François Champagne.

Ubisoft pulls the plug on Might and Magic X - RPGCodex
What exactly does this mean? According to a certain potato thread as well as this one on Steam, it means that you can no longer access the game's DLC (The Falcon & The Unicorn, promotional items and relics bought with uPlay units; possibly also the Meow Dungeon). Even better, apparently it is also now impossible to proceed past Act I, as the game has to call home first to confirm if you are a law-abiding citizen, and since it can't connect to the shut-down servers, you'll be stuck in Act I forever. There may be more issues, but not all the details appear to be really confirmed at the moment.
Lost Eidolons - Demo Play 24-Hour Recap
It’s been over 24 hours since the Lost Eidolons gameplay demo became available to install and try out on our Steam store page. During the preparation for this, our team worked diligently to ensure the game’s build was stable and playable for multiple language options. Some of them were up working until as late as 3 AM in Korea making finishing touches!

Ubisoft pulls the plug on Might and Magic X - RPGCodexLost

WTF!? I ended up buying an extra copy of that game not so long ago, so I could play it on a different account while the kids played some other Ubisoft stuff, and still hadn't gotten around to playing much of it.
Motherfuckers, should've just pirated it.

Regarding WarTales mentioned above:

I downloaded the demo of WarTales during the demo extravaganza thingy that Steam did. It's been years since I played it but it mostly reminded me of Battle Brothers, I think it was called. You have a small group of mercenaries and you wander a map collecting resources, bounties, and information. Depending on how you handle each situation and in what order determines the next set of actions, or at least that's how it seems. No story or plot, just pay your mercenaries on time or they can leave and take the stuff you gave them.

Many folks compare this to Mount and Blade too, but I never played that.

As of right now, the salaries are owed too often. It is very hard to stay in the black, but this game feels very new when it comes to balancing. The actual mechanics are all in place, but not the interactions between all of them. There are several mini games for the various skills your mercenaries can learn (cooking, mining, lock-picking, etc).

WTF!? I ended up buying an extra copy of that game not so long ago, so I could play it on a different account while the kids played some other Ubisoft stuff, and still hadn't gotten around to playing much of it.
Motherfuckers, should've just pirated it.

Shagnak,

The Codex article speaks of a Steam thread which provides a workaround which may make you to get past Act I. But it seems the DLC is still not accessible. I hope Ubisoft patches the game so it no longer needs persistent internet connectivity and user authentication shenanigans.

Last edited:
How The Ascent Moves the Genre of Top-Down Shooters Forward

Nick Calandra interviews Arcade Berg of Neon Giant to learn more about The Ascent, an upcoming top-down shooter set in a cyberpunk open world filled to the brim with detail. In the interview we discuss the philosophy behind Neon Giant as a studio, the design of the The Ascent's open world, combat, coop and more.
Dark Alliance – Official Cinematic Launch Trailer

Your Party. Their Funeral. Play Today. Battle legendary monsters with your friends in an explosive action brawler set in the world of Dungeons & Dragons.
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance Review Roundup

Last edited:
Ubisoft pulls the plug on Might and Magic X

There were two "fixes" posted in this thread on Steam you can make to at least allow finishing the game. These "fixes" might only work on new games, I'm not sure.

To allow travel to the Elemental Forge and continue on to Act II:

in \Might and Magic X Legacy\Might and Magic X\ Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\Dialog\LevDialog.xml

Delete all four instances of:

<condition xsi:type="PrivilegeUnlockedCondition" privilegeID="1001" failState="DISABLED" />

In addition to the above, to make the bridge passable from the start of a new game, go into StreamingAssets/Maps/theworld.xml and look for:

<Slot Height="6.13505" Terrain="BLOCKED" TerrainSound="NONE" MapArea="ASHEN_HILLS">
<Position>
<X>106</X>
<Y>67</Y>
</Position>

Change "BLOCKED" to "PASSABLE" and you'll be able to walk through the wagon, with the added advantage of being able to get Expert in skills like Shield or Spear without having to go through all of Act One.

Hopefully they will fix this properly. It's nuts that they are breaking a game that people have paid for!! DLC included, people paid for it!!

Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance Interview with Jeff Hattem

I had the pleasure to interview Jeff Hattem who is the founder of Tuque Games, the studio behind Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance. We talk about all things DnD, game design, and gameplay for the upcoming Dark Alliance! Come see just how much Dungeons and Dragons has influenced the games we play as we talk to a real Wizard! (of the Coast).
Baldur's Gate 3 News (Release Year, Patch 5, Studio Update..)

In this video I will be bringing you some Baldur's Gate 3 news, as we recently got to watch an interview with Larian Studio's CEO Swen Vincke.
No Place for Bravery Announced - Steam

Thorn, an old and ambitious warrior, roams a vicious war-torn world in search of his lost daughter. Survive rampant and violent battles in this 2D top-down action RPG, and discover the bone-chilling tale behind Thorn's odyssey.
Salt and Sacrifice Exclusive Extended Gameplay

We have the exclusive first gameplay of Salt and Sacrifice, the sequel to Ska Studios' 2D tribute to the Souls sub-genre. In this new video, we get to see the exploration of an even more dangerous world filled with monsters and giant demons, and this time you can bring allies with you into battle.
Square Enix praises Outriders Game Pass launch - Gamesindustry.biz
Square Enix has commended the day one launch of Outriders on Xbox Game Pass, saying that the decision led to more players than expected.

The game, developed by People Can Fly, launched on April 1 across multiple platforms, but was free to play for Game Pass console subscribers.

During the company's full year briefing, Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda said that the Outriders IP has "gotten off to a good start", not only with player numbers, but with sales too.

"In addition, we have been pleasantly surprised as the digital sales ratio for the title have been very high, and the number of active users has also beaten our expectations," Matsuda said.

Expeditions: Rome Dev Diary #3 - Story
Ave! Welcome to our third DevDiary for Expeditions: Rome.

In previous DevDiaries, we've laid out the broad strokes of our vision for the game, and we've delved into detail about the combat system and given you a hint of the myriad tactical opportunities introduced by our skill and item design. Today, we want to focus on what makes Expeditions: Rome a role-playing game: the story, the characters, and the way you interact with them.

The story of Expeditions: Rome is built on three major pillars: its authentic historical setting, deep and compelling characters each with their own personality and agenda, and the choice and consequence that is crucial to the role-playing genre. While the historical setting has provided the foundation for our writing, we've introduced our own fictional characters to drive the plot forward, and we've put great effort into allowing the player to change the course of history in major ways.

To us, history isn't a set of events that must be experienced the way they actually happened, but rather a backdrop for a complex plot that may borrow countless elements from history but must not be limited by it.

NieR Automata & NieR Replicant have shipped 6 and 1 million copies - DSO
Square Enix today announced that the worldwide shipments and digital sales of NieR Replicant have surpassed one million units. In addition, the company announced that NieR Automata has over six million shipments and digital sales.
Starfield E3 2021 trailer was entirely in-game - DSO
At E3 2021, Bethesda presented the first trailer for its new space IP, Starfield. And, according to Bethesda's Senior Lighting Artist, Keith Beltramini, that trailer was entirely in-game without any cinematic tools.

Lost Eidolons June 2021 Dev Update

The Truth About D&D Dark Alliance (Review After 35 Hours)

The Game Of Thrones Mod With Dragons! - Mount & Blade II Bannerlord

Welcome back to the new update for The Long Night Game Of Thrones mod for mount and blade 2 bannerlord. This new update brings the mod to version 1.5.7 and updates the dragon animations as well as adds 30 new armor pieces and a couple new giant units.

Back
Top Bottom