Dead Age 2 - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Dead Age 2 has been released on Steam at a 40% discount.

Dead Age 2 is a unique combination of survival, management, Rogue-Like events, turn-based combat, classic role-playing game with tons of quests and a story in which your decisions directly affect plot progression!

Features

• More complex story with no knowledge of the previous storyline necessary: If you haven't played Dead Age you will still be able to follow the diverse story of Dead Age 2 without difficulty.
  • Improved combat system (Final Fantasy X meets Darkest Dungeon): with fast-paced yet strategic battles and use of up to 24 skills
  • Faction Reputation System: Increase your standing with the three major factions to reap rewards and improve trade
  • 3D Base-Management: Assign tasks to survivors, craft items and expand you camp's capabilities for improved crafting options
  • Compact Open World: Free exploration of the world map with 80 detailed locations to search for valuable resources
  • Decisions with Consequences: Your decisions directly affect the story in a much more drastic way. Dead Age 2 has six unique possible endings
  • Rogue-Like Elements: random 3D events with permadeath! If you die, you may purchase upgrades unlocked in previous runs for your next playthrough. Choose from 3 difficulty levels
More information.

Whelp time to give it a try. Just hope it's better then the first game.

Already liked the first game. Was a very simplistic one, but mechanics worked quite well together and was somewhat decently balanced. Granted I played long after release. Looking forward to DA2 now.

Uh a rating of 33% for Dead but alive ^^
I enjoyed the combat. While it was very simple, it was still quite tactical as you also had to maximize. That said, I played on hardest difficulty and I think I had to restart once about 1/3 in. Not sure what I would have done if I died at 90%. That would probably have been too repetitive to do it all again. Still, with these circumstances I found it working very well. I remember that I played Pathway before that, which is another roguelite with permadeath. Pathway suggested having much higher production values. But the actual game mechanics were much less balanced. After Pathway, a game I had high hopes for and was very disappointed, I went into DA1 and was pleasently surprised. As mentioned, it looks cheap, has rather low production values - but otherwise it is very solid.

I liked the first game well enough. It wasn't awesome, and I'm not sure I'll ever replay the first game, but I didn't regret the purchase. If I hear stellar things about this one, I'll likely pick it up at some point.

I liked the first game well enough. It wasn't awesome, and I'm not sure I'll ever replay the first game, but I didn't regret the purchase. If I hear stellar things about this one, I'll likely pick it up at some point.
Agree they look to have added a map system and more content this time at least.
Uh a rating of 33% for Dead but alive
Ah I see someone who believes reviews instead of playing a game themself.:p

Last edited:
Ah I see someone who believes reviews instead of playing a game themself.:p

Not really. But I also don't have all the time in the world to play everything. And while a game with "only 60%" can still be good, everything below 50% is...well..."doubtful".

I hear ya I just like playing Winter Wolves games. They are for certain players who like visual novels. It's almost similar to Dead Age but more focused on story not combat.

I got the original Dead Age cheap in a bundle, but I found it pretty simplistic and not very engaging. I might give this a try since I love post-apoc, but it'll need to have significantly more depth than the first game to hold my attention.

If any here try it, let me know. This looks pretty interesting and I also love zombies when they are done right.

I agree as most have commented. Enjoyed the first game, it had its moments. First game is moderate if bought at a discounted price. Will keep an eye on DAII.

While I did enjoy the first one, I must say I think I've exceeded my quota on rogue-type games. Unless they have actual rogues, then we can discuss!

another one ruined by roguelike bullshit

I think without the roguelike mechanic and the tension that brings (which also requires good balancing in order to work - roguelikes don't get away with crappy balancing that easily) it would not have been that interesting. The game is pretty much around that.
You have to estimate whether or not your team can take more or not. That is a core decision in the game after pretty much every fight. Without this roguelike element, the game concept of Dead Age would not work at all.

I played the first one for a couple hours and returned it. It was just ugly and a little dull. Plus, I'm kinda over the zombie thing, probably forever.

Back
Top Bottom