Rune II - Publisher Shocked by Developer Closure

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamasutra reports that the publisher for Rune 2 was caught in the dark about Human Head Studios closure.

"[Rune II] developer Human Head Studios announced that they closed their doors and will be starting a new studio. This is shocking news to us, as there are several entities working on Rune II -- we found out about this news when you did," wrote the publisher in a statement.

"Human Head had a longstanding agreement with Rune's publisher, Ragnarok Game, LLC, to provide ongoing support for the game. We are working quickly to resolve any current technical issues while we build the team that will execute the exciting planned future of Rune II's post-launch content strategy."

[...]
More information.

I didn't even know Rune II had been released. Sigh. Hard to want to support a game which won't (presumably) be patched/fixed/improved now that devs have shut.

Edit: oh, it's Epic store exclusive. /wonders why publishers even bother.

And I wasn't interested in the game at all, but that story about it's adventurous voyage is interesting to read.

"we are happy to announce that the development team from Human Head is becoming part of Bethesda as a new studio based in Madison, WI, called Roundhouse Studios."
From the announcement

Sniff…I smell something shady with that deal.:cool:

Quick someone file a class action lawsuit.

Just joking but it does sound suspicious when the former publisher had no idea.

I have a feeling someone made a ton of money at Human Head Studios, "no matter what".

Edit: oh, it's Epic store exclusive. /wonders why publishers even bother.
Because of a fat cash payout in advance of releasing a game which 100% guarantees a profit and continued solvency?

screeg yes, but then why even bother with a publisher? I suppose in this case it may have something to do with rights to the Rune name.

Back
Top Bottom