Baldur's Gate 3 - EA Launch delayed to October 6

I'd rather them be overly cautious than rush this potential masterpiece.

Yeah, I agree. But this is an Early Access, not the final product. In theory, people are aware that the final product is going to be different.

The next community update was posted already.

Community Update #7 - Romance & Companionship

Tl:dr yes you can have sex in Baldur’s Gate 3.

Who you journey with is as important as the journey itself. It shapes you, as you shape each other. Baldur’s Gate 3 aims to take all that binds us together, and offer authentic, reactive relationships from the moment you meet, to whatever eventuality. The road least travelled is best travelled with friends.

Each of your companions have their own personalities, goals, and motivations. Bound by the shared problem of an Illithid tadpole buried in their head, they will join your party but you’ll all have to put your differences aside if you want to survive. The exact relationship you have with your companions, already marred by differences, will be shaped by who you are, what you do, who you side with, and what you say in conversation with them. Experience it for yourself as you gather your party on October 6th when Baldur's Gate 3 launches Early Access to Steam and Stadia.

Yeah, I agree. But this is an Early Access, not the final product. In theory, people are aware that the final product is going to be different.

I get that, but honestly a very bad EA launch sometimes can irreparably damage a game's reputation, Steam rating, etc. I'd rather not have them launch a steaming pile of garbage with the expectation that it's "just EA" because that tends to not work out well.

Oh thank God for romances guess I'll buy it now

Could be just a logistical delay given that it's only a week.

The tweet had an image attached with a wall of text that explained their reasons: they've got stability issues they're still sorting, and translations are taking longer than expected and they wanted early access to be understandable in the supported languages so translations is the other thing besides stability that they're waiting on. And there was a caveat that the build still has to run through their testing AI to confirm it's ready to go once those two are sorted.

Never had any intention of playing the EA version so not disappointing for me.:)

This is good news. What would be even better news: "The EA will be delayed until one day before the full release and its name will be changed to Headstart for Preorderers".

This is good news. What would be even better news: "The EA will be delayed until one day before the full release and its name will be changed to Headstart for Preorderers".
That would only be better if they did more internal testing.
From a QA perspective a horde of EA-players giving feedback is hard to beat.

Disappointing, had a few days off starting on the 30th and was going to give it a whirl.

It's hard to beat for free, but a paid QA department is going to give you more coherent feedback than random fans.
Yep, thats why I said that they would need to do more internal testing instead.

Back
Top Bottom