GamersFTW - Does Star Wars Need a New RPG?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Andy Leavy of GamersFTW posted a new article were he talks about whether we need another Star Wars RPG. Well I agree with him, and I wont change my mind.

With Star Wars: Force Awakens coming closer with every passing minute and with it breathing new life into the Star Wars Series with a new trilogy and at least one spin-off movie, it can be said that Star Wars is back and looking to make an impact, and with this return to glory I must ask, is a new Star Wars RPG needed? I would say yes.
So what about the rest of you? Share your opinion in the comment section.

More information.

I've always liked Star wars so if done right, then sure! I really loved the Jedi knight games and Kotor games and with Disney buying the rights from George Lucas maybe we will get something less awful next winter to influence a future game...

I wonder who Disney would pick to make the next RPG game? I do remember reading news that EA has the rights to make more Star Wars so probably Bioware.:thinking:

The Perfect star wars rpg
================
Obsidian do the writing
Larian the gameplay systems
Inxile the choice and consequences

TaDa a great rpg! Shame its only exists in my head.

With how Disney has been constantly damaging Star Wars since they got it they need a new Star Wars rpg done right. With how it is going I wouldn't be surprised if the new movies are crap that totally screws up and destroys the continuum of the previous movies just like they are doing with that cartoon they are doing.

I bet we will get another Force Unleashed kind of thing with more stats so people can call it an RPG...

I bet we will get another Force Unleashed kind of thing with more stats so people can call it an RPG…
Already in the works so no speculation is needed. Job postings from EA last year hinted at a new Star Wars game with a more open-world approach.

Also rumors have it that Bioware will be making another RPG for Star Wars. I have to find those news-bits from last year that I posted on this site with the information.

Star Wars needs an non-action Adventure game. Yesterday. No, 20 years ago. 'Nuff said.

We need Kotor 3.
Singleplayer.

Other than that, we don't need.

I am always down for SW rpg even when it has terrible combat like SWTOR. I even suffered through 30h of swtor just for the story.

I would like to see another space fantasy opera RPG in the style of the KOTOR twins. I don't know that it necessarily needs to be Star Wars-based. Time to leave Lucas and the merchandizing empire behind.

I would like to see another space fantasy opera RPG in the style of the KOTOR twins. I don't know that it necessarily needs to be Star Wars-based. Time to leave Lucas and the merchandizing empire behind.

This. While I do love Star Wars the setting doesn't hold many surprises anymore. If they want background lore why not make an RPG set in the Elite or Star Citizen universe, or but the rights to some other great Space Opera like Peter F Hamiltons Commonwealth (The Commonwealth saga is probably my favourite book series ever).

Back
Top Bottom