New innovative game needs your support! (CivCraft)

Adrain909

Watcher
Hi, i’m Adrian, from Larkon Studio a game developer company.
We will soon release a new FPS game that has small twist; Your character can move in FPS, take quests and have an RPG oriented game, but you also have the ability to build cities and fight epic battles through RTS gameplay.
The idea is to make something interesting that hasn't been done before. In the process we are trying to involve the gamer community in the game to get as many feedbacks as possible.
So what do you think of a fantasy action game with RTS, does it sound interesting?

You can find more information on our website - CivCraft
You are more than welcome to write us suggestions or ask questions.

DayCity.jpg

We are planning to publish on Kickstarter around April. We're still working on some details and are polishing the game engine

posted by Admin on 15\2\2014
Do that, count on me backing it.
Only on Kickstarter. Any other option is "no", sorry but I don't trust other crowdfunding platforms.

A shooter+RTS and maybe some RPG elements is not really something I'd ever care for, but we do need some fresh game approach under invasion of DLC:The Game and cowclicker flood.

Unless of course the whole thing is an aprilfools joke.

thanks for the interest in our idea. its not a 1 april joke, its our dream to make this game alive

Sounds interesting. I can't stand shooters though, so it's not my cup of tea. I hope you have success with it though.

Ice it's just you didn't try really good shooters. Not all of them are completely uninspired, repetitive and dull. ;)

In any case I'll be watching on this game, could be very good.

Well, with what exactly would you shoot in this game? As it seems to be a fantasy setting, there most likely won't be any guns.

So will this part really be a FPShooter or just a game with FPView?

I hate shooters - mainly because I'm too slow (too old and impatient) to learn to enjoy them. But however Fallout 3and New Vegas gave me soooo much joy... So maybe I will back you up too... I still have some spare cash...

Well, with what exactly would you shoot in this game? As it seems to be a fantasy setting, there most likely won't be any guns.

So will this part really be a FPShooter or just a game with FPView?

we have bows and lot types of magic, so its a shooter not only a view

Yes of course, we have a rich combat system with very powerfull AI engine in the background. You can fight in FPS\TPS mode with swords, bows, magics against diferent types of enemies (different monsters, armies).
Alone or with your troops which may join you, but enough spoilers :)
We will release a trailer very very soon which will spot more light, you may subscribe on our site to get info about the trailer

Sounds interesting. I can't stand shooters though, so it's not my cup of tea. I hope you have success with it though.

Well what of the benifets of the game is that you can choose how to play, FPS or RTS. So the one who hate shooters can rule the kingdom from above, fight epic battles, do diplomacy and more.
Hope you have nothing against Strategy games as well;) cause then its a problem

What exactly makes this an RPG though? Going on quests (missions) and a generic fantasy setting do not make a game an RPG.

I really like this idea. It seems a little like a modern, fantasy take on the Mount&Blade:Warband concept. I love M&B and would definitely buy this.

I've never been able to get into FP even Shooter RPG's like Deus Ex. However, I appreciate efforts to give these games substance.

What exactly makes this an RPG though? Going on quests (missions) and a generic fantasy setting do not make a game an RPG.

CivCraft has a leveling system and a skill system for each character. It also has classes, such as warrior, archer, and three types of magic skill tree. We made the skill tree to be as changeable as possible, so you won't get stuck on one class if you don't want to

The math is simple. FPS+RTS+RPG = Awesome!

Hi

My name is Adrian, and I’m the co-founder at Larkon Studio. You may not have heard of us, that’s because we’ve been hard at work developing the game that’s going to blow you away. Think of a game that you control every aspect of. You can destroy (or build) cities, kill ugly monsters, and explore (or lay back on a beach, relaxing) the world. You can build and command entire armies, while fighting side by side with your men.

So no, there hasn’t been anything like this. - Awesome Trailer ,right:)

We’ve got some cool reactions at Steam - you can check it out yourselves here
And we’re hitting KickStarter in a few days, so that we can launch the game on schedule.

But most importantly, we want to hear what you think. Do you love it? Hate it? Want to install it right now? Should we shut up and take your money? Let us know on our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/CivcraftGame
Check our site for more info
Gallery.aspx

Seems like an interesting concept, but I get the impression it won't work well. My main concern is with so many aspects, how deep are the various systems really going to be? Finding a niche is great, but the game still needs to be well designed. Spreading limited resources too thin seems rather easy to do in this situation.

Regardless, hope the crowd funding goes well and you guys can put together a good game.

Back
Top Bottom