DA:I - PC UI & Gameplay Videos

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well the day has finally come eveyone as Biowae/EA have released a new video showing off the new Mouse &Keyboard UI for Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Also GameBanshee has more gameplay videos to watch if you're interested.

It's clear that Electronic Arts' PR is really starting to push Dragon Age: Inquisition now, in anticipation of its November release, as even more gameplay footage of the title has come out.

First of all, there's a Twitch stream from yesterday with creative director Mike Laidlaw and executive producer Mark Darrah playing the PlayStation 4 version of the game. During the stream, the developers showcased character creation, some combat, with and without the tactical camera, and some exploration gameplay.

Then, of course, there are a number of YouTube videos from people that have been invited to play the game by EA.
More information.

Well I'm finally glad to see the new PC UI, but it looks like an MMO setup. o_O

Update: I don't mean anything bad so don't jump to conclusions about my comment.

Last edited:
Finally ;)

Looks quite good - and I guess I'm not seeing the MMO layout? If we're talking about hotkey bars - they came about quite a long time before MMOs.

Well, ok, I can see that party members are on the left - and quest stuff is on the right, but it looks very functional - and I don't see an issue with it.

Other than that, it looks kinda like Origins in terms of perspective and layout. Obviously, you can zoom in and get the "console" experience - but at least we get that choice.

Sweet.

I could do without the usual PR hype stories - but whatever.

It just looks average to me, but I guess that's something to be thankful for considering how bad console ports have been in recent years.

Did I see that correctly, the camera automatically goes isometric once you pause the game?

Combat looks boring and like MMOs. The fighters just stand hacking in turns then proceed to the next target, stand and trade more blows. There's no defensive movements or any onther animations.

In a turn based combat system that could work better, because it's an abstraction to give more control and options during combat. In real time, it just looks lame and boring.

Did I see that correctly, the camera automatically goes isometric once you pause the game?

Not exactly, you have full control over the camera on all axis while paused. I think top down is just the default position.

I guess I'm not sure what some were expecting I think it looks good. I don't play MMO's so I can't really comment on that.

It looks very similar to DAO and all other RTWP games. Portraits on the side, tool bar on the bottom.

I don't get that what the heck is this feeling I got when first seeing DA2.

If the "MMO" thing comes from the hotbar...well hey, if it works, why not use it?

I think the setup is neat and functional, imo.

If the "MMO" thing comes from the hotbar…well hey, if it works, why not use it?

Especially when DA:O and DA2 had an hotbar too.

Last edited:
Hotbar, overisized portraits, and quest overlay. In the end, I just don't care either way; I'll be waiting for reviews.

I'm going to *try* and wait beyond the reviews. You know how EA is with all the DLC they use. I don't know if I can really wait for an extra year to see the complete edition show up, though.

I don't know if I can really wait for an extra year to see the complete edition show up, though.

I can. :)

This hasn't been like most recent years where we're only getting 2 or 3 good crpgs. I still haven't played M&M X, D:OS, or Wasteland 2 yet, and Lords of Xulima, Grimrock 2, and Antharion will soon be in my backlog as well.

Call it a lack of faith if you want, but I'm just not getting the feeling that DA:I is one of those "must play now" titles. It's been too long since Bioware has made anything that good.

Call it a lack of faith if you want, but I'm just not getting the feeling that DA:I is one of those "must play now" titles.
Rationally I'm asking that myself. I should wait for reviews and I should wait for all the DLC to be released. Emotionally I'm already sold, it's a day one buy for me. Don't know exactly why. Irrational faith most likely. I perhaps too much WANT this game to be great. :)

Origins was a day 1 purchase for me. I'm not sold on this yet. What does inquisition bring new to the table?

How about dwarves in full armor doing back flips and side flips like a Romanian gymnastics chick? Or the all new AWESOME effects that make the Y2K celebration fireworks look like a stalled firecracker in comparison? Come on, man! If that doesn't convince you I don't know what does ;) .

I'll wait for all the DLC to come out first, but this looks fairly fun.

Back
Top Bottom