Children of Zodiarcs - New Preview

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Cliqist features a short preview of tactical JRPG Children of Zodiarcs. CoZ is doing really well on Kickstarter right now, and is being backed by the Square Enix Collective.

Children of Zodiarcs begins its Kickstarter pitch by asking “Do you wish there were more indie games inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics, Shining Force, Tactics Ogre, and the best of Tactical JRPGs?” As a matter of fact, I do. I also like “story-driven” games with “unique, memorable characters” so my interest levels are high for this one.

It’s an interesting twist on the use of dice in many RPGs where your roll determines success or failure. Here, the dice “reflect varying degrees of success and alternate outcomes”. Once you’ve rolled your dice you can then pick the ones you would like to re-roll in order to fine-tune your bonuses. The idea, of course, is to try to move the emphasis away from luck and towards tactical planning, which makes sense in a tactical JRPG.

It’s an interesting twist on the use of dice in many RPGs where your roll determines success or failure. Here, the dice “reflect varying degrees of success and alternate outcomes”. Once you’ve rolled your dice you can then pick the ones you would like to re-roll in order to fine-tune your bonuses. The idea, of course, is to try to move the emphasis away from luck and towards tactical planning, which makes sense in a tactical JRPG.
More information.

More information.

Didn't hear about this one before.
Couldn't care less for SE collective (I mean, where the hell is Anachronox remake/sequel?!) but this sounds promising:
We will release on PC and Mac to start, with PlayStation4 as a stretch goal. We are also currently evaluating additional platforms (ie: PSVita) as other stretch goals.
I'll wait till I'm sure the Vita and whatever kid's toys garbage goals are not achieved then will back it as it'll mean no removal of PC/Mac features.

Seems the kickstarter has made $20,555 of it's $34,422 goal with 28 days left. Hopefully it gets funded as I lost all my optimism for Project Phoenix & Unsung Story.

My answer to their question is "Yes I do, but 'zodiarc' is not an actual word."

I kid. They got my twenty bucks, despite being funded already.

Back
Top Bottom