Which now-dead developer do you miss the most?

D

Darth Tagnan

Personally, it would have to be Origin or Looking Glass. Simtex a close runner-up :)

Tough question, Darth! I can mention a lot of studios that gave birth to games that will forever be on our memories: New World Computing, Sir-Tech, Dynamix, Looking Glass, Troika Games, among a big list of another great developers. IMHO your question cannot be easily answered. But perhaps I'd choose Looking Glass Studios by a little tiny bit margin over the others.

Tough question, Darth! I can mention a lot of studios that gave birth to games that will forever be on our memories: New World Computing, Sir-Tech, Dynamix, Looking Glass, Troika Games, among a big list of another great developers. IMHO your question cannot be easily answered. But perhaps I'd choose Looking Glass Studios by a little tiny bit margin over the others.

Oh, I miss all of those companies you mentioned too!

Especially Troika..... :(

Hard to choose really but my top three are the following.

1. Troika Games
  2. Black Isle Studios
  3. Westwood Studios

Sir-Tech and Verant would be my top two picks. Followed by quite a lot more, way too many to remember. Hmmm, Black Isle would be third, for certain.

Sierra, Microprose and Broderbund.

What I miss more are old development ideas about how to make games that have gone out of fashion. But at least eastern european developers seem willing to make games that way.

I'd chose Sir-Tech (Jagged Alliance, Wizardry and US Publisher of Realms of Arkania)
and Westwood (up until '96 I'd say)
and just to throw in a third I guess I'll take Attic, just for the 3 Realms of Arkania Games.

SSI special projects team, Sir-Tech, Origin, Black Isle, Troika - there are just too many.

I forgot to add Black Isle Studios to my previous post. :)

Bioware. Not Bioware EA but Bioware that developed Baldur's Gate series and NWN. And Planewalker Games (developer of the unfortunate "The Broken Hourglass").

Microprose was the only company that ever prompted me to buy a game simply because of the company name being on the box (X-Com)

Beyond that, New World Computing and Sir-Tech would probably have to be my other choices.

I don't know… I really wanted to see Looking Glass come back, too. Then this happened. Maybe it's better to let sleeping devs lie…
Microprose was the only company that ever prompted me to buy a game simply because of the company name being on the box (X-Com)
I did that for Electronic Arts back in the days of Archon and MULE.

Why would we need Looking Glass Studios, when we got the Thief remake from Eidos?
Sorry for the cruel joke :p

Radon Labs. Both Drakensangs are in my top 10 all-time favorite RPGs.

The original Origin; NWC; and Sir-tech. Followed by a host of others including Looking Glass and Black Isle/ original Bioware!! Sierra weren't primarily RPG makers, but I liked their work.

Back
Top Bottom