Wasteland 3 - Review Roundup

Reviews did not make me buy the game. They never do.

I was already a Fig backer and wanted it on Day 1.

I know right? :biggrin:

Cyberpunk 2077 is next.:D

I am a fig backer too....I just get upset when people use weird reasons for making review scores invalid except for the ones they agree with, I guess it is human nature. Especially with the bigger companies.

OK, I cracked, and this years "don't buy anything on release day, wait until some real people have remarked on game" resolution is now in the dust.

On the bright side of things, at least you took 8 months to break a New Year's promise. Congratz!!! :)

Wasteland 3 IGN Video Review

"Wasteland 3 doesn't add much to the tactical RPG formula, but its impressive freedom of choice, its dark and rough humor, and its satisfying combat make it one of the more memorable entries in the genre to date. Its large world is packed with upwards of 60 hours of content for a single playthrough, too, so there's a lot to chew on here. It's a pity Wasteland 3 didn't launch in winter, as I can think of few companions I'd rather be snowed in with."

Steam here is showing me that Wasteland 3 is already available, it is now 9:45 p.m. on the 27th of August (my local time). Wasn't WL3 supposed to be released on Aug 28th? Not that I'm complaining :)
Someone wrote here that release would happen Aug 28th 5 p.m. PDT (or tomorrow at 9 p.m. here).

I'm thinking best cRPG of 2020.

Steam here is showing me that Wasteland 3 is already available, it is now 9:45 p.m. on the 27th of August (my local time). Wasn't WL3 supposed to be released on Aug 28th? Not that I'm complaining :)
Someone wrote here that release would happen Aug 28th 5 p.m. PDT (or tomorrow at 9 p.m. here).
Already available to play on Steam & GOG where I live in EDT timezone. From what I remember reading this week the release will be rolled out according to your timezone.

In my books it was in the mid 80's range….so the initial ones were good. Now, if you are waiting for people to put out reviews that go with your opinion then….well what can I tell you…..

Think about the games that get 60 and 70 and you honestly tell me why that game would have got that.

Indeed there is many games deserving lower scores. Bard's tale was trashed too while i still think it was enjoyable. Wastelands 2 maybe got an especially low score cause of some disapointment and people expecting a lot more.Could be cause of the bugs, part 2 wasnt so good .

Indeed there is many games deserving lower scores. Bard's tale was trashed too while i still think it was enjoyable. Wastelands 2 maybe got an especially low score cause of some disapointment and people expecting a lot more.Could be cause of the bugs, part 2 wasnt so good .

Wasteland 2 has an 81 for the original and an 87 for the Director's Cut. Definitely not low scores. The user-score is 7.5. Still not bad.

The Outer Worlds is overrated by critics. It has a 7.4 user-score which is still a little generous imo. It all depends on your rating system though.

Played about thirty minutes so far. It's definitely different than part two. It feels more responsive and the graphics are better as well. Now its bed time so excuse me.:sleep:

Just grabbed this now on Steam. This should keep me busy until the Baldur's Gate 3 release.

That and the other hundreds of books, visual novels, games, and general content I'm trying to consume right now. I need a BrainPal.

(Wasteland 3 just got put to the top of the content list, though. I've been waiting on this since I last beat WL2.)

I'm systems design lead on the game. Sorry, I don't post a lot but still peek and poke my head in from time to time.

In more relevant news, the game's out now, so hope everyone gets some play time in and enjoys it!
Ah, I see. Then congrats on the release of an obviously well done game! Hope you can enjoy some off-time soon.

I'll play the game immediately after having finished my TW3 replay in a few days. I'm glad that in had backed WL3 on Fig. :)

Looks good to me. I've seen some criticism that the combat isn't the best, so I'll be curious to hear from folks around here how they feel about it.

Looks good to me. I've seen some criticism that the combat isn't the best, so I'll be curious to hear from folks around here how they feel about it.
Oh they definitely changed it all right. It's more fast based now and the controls take time getting used to. As I'm always confusing the left and right mouse button.

Oh they definitely changed it all right. It's more fast based now and the controls take time getting used to. As I'm always confusing the left and right mouse button.

I'm playing with a controller, and it took me a bit to stop trying to move the cursor around with the digital pad (which actually switches weapons). I felt off balance during that whole first fight, but I settled into things after that.

Some other observations.:)

I'm getting micro-stutters that was mentioned by other players on this forum as well on the other thread. Mostly during conversations and switching NPC's in cut-scenes.

One other nitpick is I don't like the GUI during conversations. As I miss some conversation text due to clicking my mouse to fast to advance the conversation.

I still enjoy the game so don't fear I'm joining the "lets hate it senseless" bandwagon.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom