Fallout: New Vegas - Challenge Guide, Could Hardcore Be More Hardcore?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A couple of miscellaneous Fallout: New Vegas items with Games Radar posting an a guide to completing the Challenges and Destructoid writing about their experiences imposing their own hardcore rules on a playthrough. A sample from the latter:
Ignoring these nagging concerns to my sanity, I tossed together a new character, named him, selected a properly grizzled beard, and then sent him off to the most remote corner of the game, at the scenic Mojave Outpost. I dropped all my equipment save for a vault jumpsuit, a simple pistol with a single clip, and one bottle of clean drinking water. Then, finally, I set myself up with the following insane list of “hardcore” changes:

- Difficulty increased to its maximum
- Food consumption increased
- Water consumption increased
- HUD display turned completely off
- No VATS mode whatsoever
- Perma-death rules

If anyone ever doubted the quantity of my nerd cred, I would tell them about the ridiculous charts I made for myself which, along with a little stopwatch, kept me on a regular schedule of food and water consumption. I won’t bore you with the details, suffice to say it made me use up a much more realistic amount of supplies for the energy I was expending trudging through a terrible wasteland.
More information.

Heh, the ultra-hardcore playthrough is an excellent read.

All of my friends who used 360 would have used hardcore if not for the permadead NPC's. It's a shame.

...or you could use one of a hundred mods to increase the difficulty of hardcore mode. "But he was playing on the xbox" then he wasn't really playing hardcore, was he?

Back
Top Bottom