Fallout: New Vegas - Dev Diary, Interview, Preview

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's a handful of Fallout: New Vegas items as we start to eye the release in October. First, GameSpot has a video dev diary, with Feargus Urquhart, John Gonzalez, Josh Sawyer and Lawrence Liberty discussing the story and themes a ~2:30 video.
IGN has an odd article with the previewer at TGS playing a Japanese demo (naturally) and simply punching every NPC in sight:
I realize I haven't given you any new information about Fallout: New Vegas, no thanks to the language barrier. I don't know where I was, who I met or what the point of the Japanese demo was. But I can tell you this. Fallout: New Vegas feels comfortingly similar to its predecessor. Even with the story, context and dialogue stripped away, New Vegas pulled me back in to the world of the Wasteland, even if it was just to beat everyone senseless for a few minutes.
...and 411Mania has an interview with Josh Sawyer. Here's a snip:
AL: It's been shown that the Nightkin are back in New Vegas. What made you bring these Super Mutants back, and have you brought back any other enemy types that were not seen in Fallout 3?

JS: I always thought Nightkin were underutilized in Fallout and seeing the Crimson Dragoons in the Fallout 3 DLC Operation: Anchorage made me think it would be pretty easy to use a similar cloaking effect for the Nightkin. I also wanted to explore the idea that extended Stealth Boy (the technology used for cloaking) use would eventually cause mental instability in the Nightkin after decades of use.

The most obvious enemies we've brought back are Geckos, the giant mutated lizards from Fallout 2. In their basic form, Geckos are small, funny-looking pests that don't pose much challenge for the player. Their larger kin, Golden Geckos and Fire Geckos, are much larger and more dangerous.
More information.

Geckos?!
I'd pay extra if they put in a little green gecko like the one in he Gieco ads, just so I could mini nuke it repeatedly.

I think a game had walking, exploding pengiuns.
But I don't remember anymore which one.

I remember playing that game. What was it called again.....? Ah the deteriorating brain cells of old age!! :)

I think, Age Of Wonders had this, but No-One Lieves Forever could have had exploding Penguins, too.

Back
Top Bottom