GOG - Accidentally Gives Away Games

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Polygon has a new article about GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games for free. The plus side is they are not demanding anybody give the games back.

Here was GOG's response to the glitch.

Hello

Thank you for your honesty. Yesterday, due to a small glitch on our end, you and a bunch of other lucky people ended up getting games from the Linux Launch promo for free. Don't worry, though, as it's totally cool with us and you may keep them. Yes, we will not be removing these titles from your account and we do hope you will enjoy them! :)

Of course, if you prefer, like some of our community members, we can always remove them your shelf - just let us know replying to this email. Again, there's no problem if you want to keep them :)

Your GOG.com Team
More information.

Dunno but somehow I believe the whole thing is actually a well constructed PR/advertisment.
But unlike aggressive and bullshit PR done by evil companies (yes, I'm thinking mainly on EA), this thing that happened on GOG makes everyone happy. GOG got into headlines, lucky gamers got freebies.

Good job GOG!

I still love them all the more for it. <3

Good press for GoG is never a bad thing. Meanwhile, on the darkside, hopefully EA is dying a slow and bitter death.
It's definitely slow. Too slow.

Back
Top Bottom