Unsung Story - Development Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well what a surprise everyone as Playdek finally posted a new update this week for Unsung Story. So without wasting any more time here is a quote from the update.

Since our last update, we have been making game play adjustments to our Battle System and rules in order to improve the game flow, combat and balancing. We have been making multiple playables to tune the systems and script the scenario stages, and I have been lucky enough to grab some early screens of this work to share with you which shows some of the development progress of the game. The images I am sharing with you are far from finished, but it should give you an idea of what’s to come. You will also find a hefty storyline section that goes over the events in the first two scenarios of the first episode, so if you don’t want to know too much about the story skip the first section of this update! Lastly we included some more art images of Sir Vensniel L’Brasca for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!
More information.

I forgot to add thank you Aubrielle for reminding me about the update. The best part of this update is we finally get a few work in progress in-game screenshots.

Here they are for members not interested in reading the update.:)

Attachments

• Screenshot -01.jpg
    Screenshot -01.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot -02.jpg
    Screenshot -02.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot -03.jpg
    Screenshot -03.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 22
Thanks for letting us know! I still remain very wary of this project. I want it to be grand, but I just don't think they have the talent on the game design side to create something up to par with FFT and TO or even VC or XCOM EU. SRPGs are very hard to make because if you don't create a truly dynamic and creative battle system with good pacing, the games become total drudgery (Grotesque Tactics, I'd argue Massive Chalice, so many others).

But who knows...I hope they can succeed. For now I'll just keep playing Tactics Ogre over and over. I am not going to go into a long dissertation on TO being the greatest SRPG ever...but it is...ever.

I know what you mean, Brumbek…and maybe it's naive of me, but…I'm still pining away for this game. Did you see the character art? It looks like something straight out of Final Fantasy Tactics!

(if I could get it to show…)

I know what you mean, Brumbek…and maybe it's naive of me, but…I'm still pining away for this game. Did you see the character art? It looks like something straight out of Final Fantasy Tactics!

(if I could get it to show…)
Here are the four new character art images from the new update. As Aubrielle said the images do remind me of Final Fantasy Tactics. So take a look everyone.^^

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 13
  • original-02.jpg
    original-02.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 13
  • original-03.jpg
    original-03.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 4
  • original-04.jpg
    original-04.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 4
Did you see the character art? It looks like something straight out of Final Fantasy Tactics!

Yeah, the artwork by Akihiko Yoshida is world class. He is such a genius artist. His work on TO, FFT, and FFXII is so insanely good.

So I know Playdek is trying to recreate the trinity of Matsuno (story), Yoshida (2D art), and Sakimoto (music)…but this whole project…it is a bizarre combination of the best SRPG talent in the world with a developer of cheap, mostly soulless mobile games. But miracles can happen, right?!

Back
Top Bottom