Sword Coast Legends - New Update Posted

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Dan Tudge released a new community update on the forums for Sword Coast Legends.

My name is Dan Tudge and I’m the director of Sword Coast Legends and president of n-Space. We’re all very happy to be finally be sharing SCL with the world and are very thankful that you have chosen to be a part of its creation. We've already seen a lot of questions on the boards here and while there is much we can’t talk about I’m going to do my best to answer what I can.
More information.

What exactly is early access? (Roughly how long is it?) We actually can’t say just how long early access will be just yet, however we can say that you’ll get ample time to adventure prior to launch.

didnt undesrtand this...game will launch in early access or those that buy it will play a little earlier before the release

Not much information, though I like what I hear about campaign length and their position on microtransactions. However, those are just words very early in the process - and we all know how things change :)

Ok, enough time has passed for me to stop being overly optimistic. :p

Any idea exactly what the tome of knowledge is? Reading the Tome of Knowledge will give players additional points to spend on their character’s ability scores and class features (spells and abilities).

Pay more for cheats? How is this fair? :/

Will the single player campaign be playable coop? More details on that later!

uuuuh.... Surely the answer is "Of course!"

Why aren't they talking straight with us!!

Best case scenario, "story lite" mode for co-op so we can 111111 through the talking and get back to the game. Worst case.... "oh the SP just isnt the same without romances with our NPCS that really tie the game together and we thought everyone would want to play their own roll and not control an NPC"

Damnit, they better just do it like the Infinity Engine games did. Campaign needs to be co-op!

All that I need to know he answered already.
How long is the single player campaign?

While we’re not talking about the campaign in detail right now but I can tell you this: It’s not going to be short! A great RPG isn’t something you finish over a weekend and SCL certainly won’t be finished in a weekend either.
I was afraid it would be a short campaign.:)

Regarding the cooperative campaign question:

Yeah, I don't like that answer, either.

I don't want some half-hearted cooperative crap - I want the full campaign, and that smells like a PR answer :(

Any idea exactly what the tome of knowledge is? Reading the Tome of Knowledge will give players additional points to spend on their character’s ability scores and class features (spells and abilities).
Pay more for cheats? How is this fair? :/
You took the wrong part from this. WTF points that you spend into class features?! D&D does not have that shit :( :(

Absolutely worthless. I'm begin to really dislike this dan guy. He's worse than bioware pr fellow. They have been working on the game for 2+ years and he can't say anything useful. This is why I really like xile or larian or cdprojek; we get straight answers not bullshit crap.

Absolutely worthless. I'm begin to really dislike this dan guy. He's worse than bioware pr fellow. They have been working on the game for 2+ years and he can't say anything useful. This is why I really like xile or larian or cdprojek; we get straight answers not bullshit crap.

it keeps you begging for more. its a clever marketing tactic which you clearly fell for head over heels.

Well maybe you; in my case it made me dislike them and not only a lost of interest but active non-fan.
-
If they want to hold all the details till GDC; I have absolutely no problem with that. But instead of posting a bunch of worthless crap; he should state plainly "I can't answer any questions till after GDC". Now wouldn't that be more useful that posting a bunch of crap that makes him look like a pissy with his head up his....

it keeps you begging for more. its a clever marketing tactic which you clearly fell for head over heels.

Well they made this short QA to show support of their 'fans' by being proactive on the forums.

In reality, they will provide the useful information to on(off)line games magazines for the right price. It is all money and business and I guess this is the norm!

I would be such a great PR guy…
Q: Is combat in your game twitch based?
A: Well, we are focusing on making combat as entertaining as possible, so the player has something to do always.

Q: Is your game single character or party based?
A: Our goal is to provide the player with plenty of choices in and out of combat, so in that aspect you won't be disappointed.

Q: How long will the game take to play?
A: As long as it takes so it provides a full game experience, but not so long that you get bored.

Q: Can you tell us something about the story?
A: Without spoiling things too much, I can tell you that there will be a conflict, with plenty of side stories, and an epic ending.

That's it for now folks, I hope I answered all your doubts about our game!

Last edited:
Wolfing! You didn't tell us that you were the PR director for SCL. Congrats, dude! ;)

They better release something interesting and juicy about the game, other than just name-whoring DnD and FR, and cloning the look (and controls) of NWN.

Last edited:
The ask myself a question then say I can't answer it thing was a bit annoying but I didn't see anything that would disappoint me about the game.

I actually found this very encouraging:

"Will the camera be able to rotate, move and zoom in and out? Absolutely, and in single player you’ll be able to pause with the spacebar and issue tactics old school!"

I came here to read about how terrible everything associated with this game is, and I was not disappointed!;)

I came here looking for how Ovenall desperately wants to love something as long as it's not made in Europe - and I was not disappointed ;)

Back
Top Bottom