purpleblob's MHW screenshots

bw2iqAA.png

This is what I looked like last time I played. :)

Pukei pukei cat???

That is an OUTDOOR kitty for sure! At least until it gets over its indigestion issues.

Seriously, its hilarious when palicoes get blast blight XD

C6qRXZ6.png

Seems like you both have a different style, though I can't quite put my finger on it. ;)

What gave you the clue? ;)

Sheri is very princess-y :D
OGZyDQU.png

Miri has more varied look and middle one is a tiiiinnnyyy bit similar to SirJames' :p
jMLRZsw.png

@SirJames; Is that SnS or CB you are using?

Last edited:
Yeah, that's Witchers Silver Sword, a SnS.

Thought so :) I got Witcher SnS as well but I don't play SnS often so wanted to check!

It's a good sword. Very sharp!

I haven't played in a while, but I swapped around weapon types a lot. Just didn't use the ranged ones very much.

I thought I'd go and look through the 400 or so screenshots for any other outfits. Most of the shots are action moments so they're usually just me wearing a used up cloak. But I've found a couple! :p
Ejkwqnw.png

bGmY7PT.png

I rate this one cicada/10!

zTnK2zY.png

o3rD9Rd.png

18z5Fx0.png

And then SirJames was the Palico!

CIFP7LV.png

sukUnen.png

8JKZC7j.png

MmUCUB6.png

That's a pretty nice looking set. :)

DJeb7Kw.png

FT5ggn2.png

QfCESN1.png

NtINRBX.png

Uh oh, I died!

V9QNV5r.png

lol, there's so many. I gotta force myself to stop! :D

PaMPXy9.png

I love that Palico hat with the ears :D

l9HH4IQ.png

I'll finish with this one. This is the first screenshot I took from 8/10/2018. :)

Last edited:
That's a lot of fashion sets :D I like the green hat one the best

And then SirJames was the Palico!

Not the cat face!

Uh oh, I died!

LOL why did you take screenie of you fainting?

I love that Palico hat with the ears

Tobi-Kadachi hat on palicoes are the best :D

I thought I'd go and look though the 400 or so screenshots for any other outfits.

I currently have 7721 screenshots... and that's after me clearing out a whole bunch periodically lol

That's a lot of fashion sets :D I like the green hat one the best

Yeah, that's a good one. :D

There's more to that screenshot. You can see the build. It's a pretty early days screenshot when I was experimenting with support SnS builds. It's really powerful being able to heal everyone. I used a lot of wide-range skill after that. Speed Eating is really good too. I hate not having that.
cKq6eVw.png

Not the cat face!
Don't you like the cat helm? :D

LOL why did you take screenie of you fainting?
I don't remember what was happening then. I've got a few like that, usually the whole screen is full of fire. Like, remember that super difficult special monster fight where he calls down meteors and you have to go hide behind them? Plenty of fainting screenshots of that one!

Tobi-Kadachi hat on palicoes are the best :D
Yeah, that hat is a classic. I think its probably the most cute hat.

I currently have 7721 screenshots… and that's after me clearing out a whole bunch periodically lol
Woah, that's huge. It's just that kind of game where there's always something that makes you stop and think "Wow, I gotta take a screeny of that!". There's not many games that have had that effect on me as much as MHW. So many breathtaking scenes. It really is a great game.

There's more to that screenshot. You can see the build. It's a pretty early days screenshot when I was experimenting with support SnS builds. It's really powerful being able to heal everyone. I used a lot of wide-range skill after that. Speed Eating is really good too. I hate not having that.

Yeah I have a healing build too but with DB (I'm really bad at playing SnS!)

I don't remember what was happening then. I've got a few like that, usually the whole screen is full of fire. Like, remember that super difficult special monster fight where he calls down meteors and you have to go hide behind them? Plenty of fainting screenshots of that one!

.... is this extreme Behemoth fight? I hate that fight but got it done a few times to get my dragon kinsect!

Woah, that's huge. It's just that kind of game where there's always something that makes you stop and think "Wow, I gotta take a screeny of that!". There's not many games that have had that effect on me as much as MHW. So many breathtaking scenes. It really is a great game.

Totally agree, MHW is absolutely gorgeous & great game :D

I'm currently trying to improve my solo time on Fatalis, AT Velkhana and Alatreon.

So far my best time for Fatty are:
LBG - 28'30''00
DB - 26'38''10
IG - 25'18''73
Swaxe - 25'35''96
GS - 25'59''68

Trying to get it down to below 25 minutes but so hard :D

I think this one has to be my favourite screeny of the lot. The lighting makes the face look more pretty than the others. I'm not really familiar with the female version of the armours so I can't really tell what monster they're from, most the time.

I'm currently trying to improve my solo time on Fatalis, AT Velkhana and Alatreon.

So far my best time for Fatty are:
LBG - 28'30''00
DB - 26'38''10
IG - 25'18''73
Swaxe - 25'35''96
GS - 25'59''68

Trying to get it down to below 25 minutes but so hard
Very hard fights. Those are pretty good times, I think. I stopped playing around the time Alatreon came out. Definitely didn't solo him or finish the armour set but even Fatalis was giving me a hard time!

I like to think I was pretty good at the game, but when you watch some people doing "speedruns" on youtube it's easy to see how much more room there is for improvement. Some people are just crazy good at this game.

Like, how about this one LOL

PS. Yeah, I was talking about Extreme Behemoth. Probably the most frustrating fight in the game. I was the same as you and just got the items from it then never wanted to do it again. :)

I think this one has to be my favourite screeny of the lot. The lighting makes the face look more pretty than the others. I'm not really familiar with the female version of the armours so I can't really tell what monster they're from, most the time.

That is one of my favourite too! It's from a cutscene so higher quality than other screenies ;) It's Master Rank Kulve Taroth outfit.

Very hard fights. Those are pretty good times, I think. I stopped playing around the time Alatreon came out. Definitely didn't solo him or finish the armour set but even Fatalis was giving me a hard time!

It took us ages to get Alatreon but he is now so easy with Fatty gear :D

I like to think I was pretty good at the game, but when you watch some people doing "speedruns" on youtube it's easy to see how much more room there is for improvement. Some people are just crazy good at this game.

Oh yeah, some people are just insane! I've seen some crazy speedruns as well - I don't think I will ever be that good!

It's a damn shame Rise isn't as good as World :< Here's hoping World 2 will be as good as World 1

That is one of my favourite too! It's from a cutscene so higher quality than other screenies ;) It's Master Rank Kulve Taroth outfit.
Ahh, nice. That fight was the only time I really felt like I was "grinding" in MHW. I forget what I was trying to get but it just never dropped. Might have been an ice charge blade or something? I definitely did that fight more times than I would have liked.
It took us ages to get Alatreon but he is now so easy with Fatty gear :D
Whats fatty gear?

I can't really remember Alatreon very well but I'm sure I did fight him because I vaguely remember how he changed elements. Not even sure if I did beat him. I'd probably give it a re-install but it's only a week until Lost Ark. Are you interested in that one, at all? I don't think it will have very good fashion since it'll all be in the item mall because free2play. Definitely has some cute outfits, though. :)

Oh yeah, some people are just insane! I've seen some crazy speedruns as well - I don't think I will ever be that good!
Yeah, just the damage he's getting out of SnS hits, too. I can see some 600s in there. I don't even know how he's doing that. I assume its good use of consumables, something like that. But so many people under-estimate SnS potential to do good damage, think its a newbie weapon because you start with it, but it is a very good weapon type.

It's a damn shame Rise isn't as good as World :< Here's hoping World 2 will be as good as World 1
Yeah, I don't know. It's a Switch game. :)

It's probably alright, but I'm certainly not going to buy it at full price.

Why is it disappointing? Other than MHW graphics just being way better. Why is the game worse?

Ahh, nice. That fight was the only time I really felt like I was "grinding" in MHW. I forget what I was trying to get but it just never dropped. Might have been an ice charge blade or something? I definitely did that fight more times than I would have liked.

I'm guessing you were farming for Kjarr weapons - I heard ice kjarr charge blade is one of the best in game.

Whats fatty gear?

Fatalis gear ;) (people call Fatalis Fatty lol)

Fatalis set has so many deco slots and it also has set bonus which removes cap in abilities - e.g. it allows 5 divine blessing instead of 3

I can't really remember Alatreon very well but I'm sure I did fight him because I vaguely remember how he changed elements. Not even sure if I did beat him. I'd probably give it a re-install but it's only a week until Lost Ark. Are you interested in that one, at all? I don't think it will have very good fashion since it'll all be in the item mall because free2play. Definitely has some cute outfits, though. :)

Yeah, Alatreon shifts elements each phase unless you break his horns. Ice or fire weapons are optimal but with Fatty gear, you can easily shut his elements down with dragon weapon too (DB and CB are pretty easy).

I'm not really into MMOs anymore, lost motivation long time ago (blame WoW lol)

Yeah, just the damage he's getting out of SnS hits, too. I can see some 600s in there. I don't even know how he's doing that. I assume its good use of consumables, something like that. But so many people under-estimate SnS potential to do good damage, think its a newbie weapon because you start with it, but it is a very good weapon type.

SnS damage is insane! My hubby has healing build SnS and he does 400 damage easy on injured parts with WEX (weakness exploit) when he does perfect rush. So he can heal and top the damage >.>

Why is it disappointing? Other than MHW graphics just being way better. Why is the game worse?

There's no weapon impacts so it feels like an arcade game. Its also super fast paced and gimmicky due to wirebugs. Whenever another monster shows up, you basically end up riding & controlling one of the monster - some people find it cool but for me it felt lame. Hunting maps are so tiny, there's no sense of exploration. They've also overdone the Japanese theme in Rise and the whole thing feels like Japanese village tour.

We almost finished all content (just have final form of Narwa and Valstrax left) and so far the only fight we enjoyed was Chameleos.

I'm guessing you were farming for Kjarr weapons - I heard ice kjarr charge blade is one of the best in game.
Yeah, that sounds like the one. :)

I got every other Kjarr weapon but that one after who knows how many tries. :(

Fatalis gear ;) (people call Fatalis Fatty lol)

Fatalis set has so many deco slots and it also has set bonus which removes cap in abilities - e.g. it allows 5 divine blessing instead of 3
Ahhh, ok. :)

I didn't get that armor set. I beat him once or twice but most groups were really struggling with him. I like the easy co-op aspect of the game so I never solo anything, but that might actually have been easier!

Yeah, Alatreon shifts elements each phase unless you break his horns. Ice or fire weapons are optimal but with Fatty gear, you can easily shut his elements down with dragon weapon too (DB and CB are pretty easy).
Did Alatreon come out before or after Fatalis? I'm getting a bit confused. I did play a lot of the expansion but not as much as the base game. I 100% got everything in the base game then kept quitting iceborne because I didn't really like doing the open-world kinda area where you just fight monsters non-stop and needing to go there to find its ores and stuff. I prefer just doing one fight per mission so it doesn't start feeling like a grind.

I'm not really into MMOs anymore, lost motivation long time ago (blame WoW lol)
Ugh, WoW. :D

I'm much the same. Can't really be bothered with MMO stuff. I probably wouldn't care about LA if I hadn't been intrigued by the Lost Ark 2014 announcement video, when I thought it was just an ARPG like Diablo. Seems like its been such a long time coming now I just gotta give it a look. :)

SnS damage is insane! My hubby has healing build SnS and he does 400 damage easy on injured parts with WEX (weakness exploit) when he does perfect rush. So he can heal and top the damage >.>
Yeah, it got especially good after the Iceborn changes. I wasn't doing very good damage with it but it's got nice mobility and a shield and some other perks. What was it, you don't need to put it away to drink or something like that? There's a reason to do with consumables which made it a go-to weapon for support builds. Like, the horn weapon does loads of cool buffs but takes too long to put away if you need to quickly drink a potion.

There's no weapon impacts so it feels like an arcade game. Its also super fast paced and gimmicky due to wirebugs. Whenever another monster shows up, you basically end up riding & controlling one of the monster - some people find it cool but for me it felt lame. Hunting maps are so tiny, there's no sense of exploration. They've also overdone the Japanese theme in Rise and the whole thing feels like Japanese village tour.

We almost finished all content (just have final form of Narwa and Valstrax left) and so far the only fight we enjoyed was Chameleos.
What do you mean weapon impacts? Is that the effect when you hit? The hits just feel like they go through the monster?

Wirebugs? Whats a wirebug? :)

Tiny maps is probably due to Switch limitations, again. Not enough memory, or something. :D That sucks, though, because MHW really packed a lot of exploration into relatively small areas.

There's no talk of a MHW2 yet, is there?

I think I did hear about a Dragons Dogma 2 which will learn from MHW and have full co-op play. That could be a very fun game! If they could sort of combine DD with MHW. I don't think it's been announced, though. More or less a rumour, at this time.

After seeing all these screenshots, I fear that I must buy this game. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom