Blackguards 2 - Two More Previews

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well here are two more previews of Blackguards 2 I found this week.

COG

When it comes down to it, I feel fans of the first game are really going to like the direction this game is going. Even in this early and incomplete state I was putting the game through its paces and was having a good time. I look forward to giving the game a spin when the finishing touches are done and seeing even more improvements.
Chalgyr's Game Room

Blackguards 2 feels like it is leaning a bit more heavily towards the strategy genre than RPG this time around, with an emphasis on accessibility. It is an understandable direction given a good deal of the feedback after the initial game. My early impressions are favorable and I am looking forward to spending more time with Blackguards 2 once it is fully released.
More information.

I really have to play the first one soon....so many games, so little time. 2014 has been the best RPG year. Ever.

I'll play it as soon as possible, which means probably after Raven's Cry (assuming it won't be postponed once again), and after AoD if it gets released in the meantime. And I bet I forgot some other game being released in next month or two.

Can we get a few postpones more please?
I mean... With this rate of releases... When am I supposed to play Grimrock 2? In 2016.?

Well I'm not really hardcore like some people; as long as the combat/leveling has a reasonable amount of options/complexity/balance I don't really care too much; what I liked about the first game is I found the combat fun and the story entertaining enough for me to move forward. Also the 'presentation' was well done (story is what they say presentation is how they say it). So if they tone down some of the stats/leveling options but didn't over do it - i'm ok with that.

I don't find words like "emphasis on accessibility" hopeful at all.

I don't find words like "emphasis on accessibility" hopeful at all.

Neither do I, but if they are referring to a more transparant system then it's not a problem. I've read the first game's UI was pretty bad at explaining different effects and mechanics ?

It was, but the solution would have been to have better explanations and not to simplify the rules.

It was, but the solution would have been to have better explanations and not to simplify the rules.

Of course, but that's also what accessibility could mean (more transparency and better explanations). It doesn't HAVE to mean simplifying, although that's often the case.

Back
Top Bottom