CD Projekt Red - New Game at E3?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
CD Projekt Red boss Marcin Iwinski told Eurogamer that his company might have a new new game to reveal at E3 in June, but my fellow gamers it's not Cyberpunk 2077.
There are whispers and speculation but I can tell you Cyberpunk 2077 will definitely not be at E3 this year. That comes from the horse's mouth: CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwinski himself.

"It might happen that we will be at E3 and we will show something at E3, but I just want to make it clear it's not Cyberpunk," he told me at Polish conference Digital Dragons recently. "We still have a lot of work to do with Cyberpunk."
I believe what CD Projekt Red will announce at E3 will be the game - or thing - it mentioned in a recent annual report. Under plans for 2016, CDPR mentioned,

"A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the studio." That doesn't necessarily mean it's a game and doesn't necessarily mean it's coming out this year. But it could be both.

When I asked Iwinski if it will be this thing at E3 he said, "We will see." When I asked if we'll find out what it is at E3 he said, "Well, hopefully." And when I asked if it had anything to do with The Witcher he said, "Time will tell."
So place you're bets everyone. Will it be a new Ip or a Witcher spin-off.o_O

Not related to the Witcher last I heard. They said a few months ago that they were working on another IP beside Witcher and Cyberpunk (which is personally what I think is really causing delay with Cyberpunk 2077).

Could really be anything. A VR game? A free to play MMO? A mobile game? Streaming only game?

Could be they're teaming up with Konami and heading into pachinko business.

I'm guessing it's a card game or some other small game. Gwent online?

Back
Top Bottom