Greedfall - Hands-off Demo Impressions

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
VG24/7 reports on what they saw of Greedfall from a hands-off demo in Paris last week and also spoke with Spiders CEO and co-founder Jehanne Rousseau.

Much like Fallout 4, party members will like or dislike various actions or acts of omission by your character. Greedfall takes this a bit further; if you piss off one of your companions for too long, say by bashing the natives in front of Siora, she'll leave your party forever and become your enemy.

Greedfall begins with a lengthy prologue, sort of like a massive tutorial island. There are all sorts of quests to be getting on with and for the completionists out there, you'll need to do every quest available first time around. You see, Greedfall isn't a true open-world game - once you leave the Serene, you can never go back.

[...]
Thanks Gabriel!

More information.

Since some of you probably don't read my news thread. :biggrin:
GreedFall Hands-Off Preview - wccftech

GreedFall Interview With Spiders CEO Jehanne Rousseau - wccftech
Give thanks to Joxer for posting these.:handshake:

On a side not I hope it gets released in a few months and not delayed. As they haven't shared much info since last year. So it's good to see a few more articles.:thumbsup:

The game is supposed to have tons of nonfetch sidequests all with an impact on the main story. Which means don't expect any critics/fastrunners love for it.

I'm planning to play it on the release day.

I'm mixed; what I've seen in the past has been fantastic but spider has sort of done this before so i'm just not sure.... but i hope it works out in the end...

It looks awesome and I had been following till I saw you can't make your own character which is a bummer. More and more these days I prefer games where I can make my own character, not play a pre-defined one. Still looks like a nice game and hope it does well.

Well that's not entirely true…
https://wccftech.com/greedfall-hands-off-preview/
Even though you’re taking on the role of one particular character, you will have a range of character customisation options at your disposal. Still, you are De Sardet, male or female, which enables a more personalised story. Fortunately, this still won’t take away from some of the options and personalisation you can achieve in modern day RPG’s, there are a wealth of options at your disposal in the new world of Teer Frade. Is it wrong that all I see is “Free Trade” when I look at that name?

Your personalisation will be both in character development as well as the story. On the character front, the options are said to be extensive. The skill tree was shown during the hands-off demo and it was wide and sprawling, to say the least, with you having the ability to go down whatever path you would like, be this weapon skill related, abilities like lockpicking or science, even improving on your dialogue options. The latter of these will look to particularly influence the development of your story.

Stupid idiot developers put into a fullscreen cutscene tiny SHT subtitle fonts, barely readable. This lame move alone raises the warning flag about this game.

Man, that microfont is good news. It means people in front of a monitor will enjoy it, 4K junkies with mushrooms will hate it.

Two more previews.

A Mix of Assassin’s Creed and Dragon Age on a Smaller Scale - Playstation Lifestyle
While I didn’t get to go hands-on with GreedFall, the team at Spidersgave us an in-depth look at gameplay and story during Focus Home Interactive’s What’s Next event. GreedFall is an action RPG set during a fantasy version of the 17th century. In it, you’ll be rounding up mercenaries, slaying monsters, exploring, and (hopefully) sweet talking your way out of potentially violent situations.

It’s definitely an ambitious project for the developers at Spiders, as they’re a much smaller team than you’d expect to be be working on something like this. GreedFall looks like Assassin’s Creed meets Dragon Age, with the way you’ll be exploring and gathering party members.

It’s hard to expect the same level of polish as the aforementioned AAA titles, but since there is still time left for development, my hopes are that it will come close. Either way, it seems like it will be a fun time.
Greedfall: an RPG where spoken language is actually important - VG 24/7
It would be easy to compare Greedfall to the likes of fantasy RPG giants, but it seems to be distinctly its own thing. It takes the best elements of the genre such as branching dialogue, faction and combat mechanics and even romance options to create a 35-hour strong adventure that could rival any triple-A production.

While it remains to be seen whether it can plug the fantasy gap in the market, Greedfall is an ambitious endeavour by a development team comprising of around 40 people, though you would think it was developed by a much larger crew.

The more information that released about the game the more excited I am about it. I've played Mars: War Logs and The Technomancer and found them to be decent. I feel that there was growth by the team between the two games so I'm hoping they can craft a really fun roleplaying experience in Greedfall.

Always been a fan of Spiders games through the years but it always felt like I was playing a budget game. To see a game of this caliber finally brings tears to my eyes.

I just hope it's a success and doesn't get brought down by negative reviews.:fingerscrossed:

I don't know. I like the idea and the setting may align with some of the strengths of French/ European history & culture. I hope they don't f**k it *p. Will read the reviews first.

It's an interesting setting and looks nice enough. I'll be waiting for reviews as well. Hopefully it end up being a decent game.

Back
Top Bottom