New Paradox Game & DLC

hm, yes, more reasons to wait for the "ultimate" versions… ;)
I don't think they will offer one anymore as most developers don't bother. It seems they make more money selling small size DLC separately like Bioware instead.

Steam will offer a complete pack in a new sale eventually.:)

Paradox Strategy games (Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, etc) are perfectly fine without any DLC. You'll enjoy and play them for hundreds of hours (unless you just don't like the type of game). DLCs are mainly expanding a certain feature or another that you may not be interested in.

Paradox Strategy games (Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, etc) are perfectly fine without any DLC. You'll enjoy and play them for hundreds of hours (unless you just don't like the type of game). DLCs are mainly expanding a certain feature or another that you may not be interested in.
I agree the DLC's are not needed to play the game.;)

I just hate their constant DLC and patches because it ruins my mods each time. The modders make the game more interesting than the developer every time.

Just like Bethesda games.:biggrin:

The best mod for Europa Universalis IV is MEIOU and Taxes.

Link- http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=201884397

Last edited:
I agree the DLC's are not needed to play the game.;)

I just hate their constant DLC and patches because it ruins my mods each time. The modders make the game more interesting than the developer every time.

Just like Bethesda games.:biggrin:

The best mod for Europa Universalis IV is MEIOU and Taxes.

Link- http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=201884397

I have a problem with mods in Paradox games. See, I've noticed there are two types of people who love PDS strategy games. Those who play them as "history emulators" and those who play them as "history simulators". Nothing wrong with either approach, but it's two different bands. The 'history emulator' players want the world to go just like it went in real history. If they see England colonizing Africa, they'll scream in agony. I belong to the other band, the 'history simulator'. I like the game starting as things were in real history, but after that, anything is possible given the proper conditions. So, I've found that a lot of mods belong to the 'history emulator' side. They add a lot of events and conditions that happened in history, even though they may not make sense in your current game.

As an example, I was playing Victoria 2 with the most popular mod (Pops of Darkness or something), totally recommended by everybody. So, I started as China. After some struggles everything was going well, people were happy, everything was under control and I was on my way to westernize. But suddenly a whole lot of rebels popped out, and more and more, and before I could suppress them, they forced me to undo all my progress. Turns out it was the mod that popped those rebels, just because it had happened in real history in China, even though in my game it didn't make sense as people were happy.

So, I don't play with mods in general. I feel the vanilla experience is good enough for me.

Now, not all mods are of that type. There are mods that basically make a new game, those I do like. For example, the Game of Thrones mod for CK2 is just awesome.

Here is a new video of Hearts of Iron 4, and it looks like it was simplified.

Oh well I'll still buy it as I love their games.:)

Here is a new video of Hearts of Iron 4, and it looks like it was simplified.

Oh well I'll still buy it as I love their games.:)

Well that is disappointing every part of series has been simplified a LOT.
First DLC spam and now streamlining of games to fit wider audience, they are turning slowly into EA so expect gay romance in their next game:).

Well I'm on a roll with the forum updates today.:cool:

So lets get started with a video with some Highlights for the Charlemagne DLC.

You can view the whole stream from the following link.

Link- http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?1970-Charlemagne-Stream-Highlights

Paradox also released a new development diary for Europa Universalis IV - Art of War.

Link- http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...War-Development-Diary-2-Marches-Unrest-Persia
Welcome to the second dev diary for Europa Universalis 4: Art of War. Today, a look at a new way to handle vassals, how we're changing revolts and a sneak peek at how the Persian map is being transformed.

I just can't have enough of PDS strategy games. I thought I was totally done with Crusader Kings 2, after spending 450+ hours on it, but hadn't played in like 6 months. Well, just for kicks 3 days ago I decided to start a 'quick' game as an Indian religious count (Jain, Hindu or Buddhist). That 'quick' game turned into 20+ hours (and counting) of conquering, assassinating, marrying my daughters to scoundrels for alliances, inviting concubines to live with my wife, fighting terrible adventurer wars and trying to bring Buddhism to Europe (have to get past the Muslims first).

Not sure I'll get the Charlemagne DLC though, I think the starting date introduced in The Old Gods was pushing it too far as feudalism goes, and they're moving it even earlier with Charlemagne. I would have preferred they made a new different game that focused in the Dark Ages and its barbarian migrations, with Charlemagne as a late bookmark in it (like Napoleon in EU4).

I am interested in the Art of War DLC for EU4 though.

The New Art of War Expansion for Europa Universalis IV is released today.

Perfect the Art of War in New Expansion for Europa Universalis IV Today

You Gotta Have Faith to Conquer the Most Detailed Map Ever

STOCKHOLM — October 30, 2014— Paradox Interactive today released “Art of War,” a new expansion for the award-winning grand strategy game Europa Universalis IV, for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs. In what could be the largest expansion DLC in Paradox history, Art of War includes a broad selection of updates and features for Europa Universalis IV starring the most detailed and historically accurate map in Paradox’s strategic titles to date. Hundreds of new provinces dot the globe as the masters of grand strategy cast their eye on new nations and history beyond Europe’s shores.

Marvel at the size of Art of War by viewing the launch trailer.

Alongside the release of Art of War, a massive, free patch with loads of new content has also been issued that all players of Europa Universalis IV can download and use. Details on what is available in patch 1.8 can be found here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?2032-1.8-Patchnotes-Paid-Free-New-Features&

"Sun Tzu said that it is best to win without fighting at all, but if one must fight, preparation is the key to victory," says Martin Anward, lead designer on Art of War. "With over nine hundred new provinces, over a hundred new nations and the addition of major religious wars that ravage a continent, preparation will be essential in the Art of War if you hope to guide your nation through four centuries of expanded, enriched gameplay and emerge as one of the winners of history."

Inspired by the passion and tragedy of the Thirty Years War, Art of War brings the military aspects of Europa Universalis IV into high relief by adding new military mechanics. New challenges await your empire, but new opportunities as well. If you are starved for manpower, why not turn your vassal into a March, and use its soldiers to buttress your own? Force the Holy Roman Empire to convert to Protestantism and undo centuries of tradition.

Art of War features include:
- Revamped Papal election and curia system
- Religious leagues in totally redone Reformation structure, to encourage religious conflict
- Hundreds of new provinces and dozens of new nations throughout game history
- New revolt system that traces general unrest
- Greater flexibility in managing and sharing fleets
- The creation of client states as a new form of subject ally
- Army construction template for easy rebuilding of destroyed forces

Art of War is available for $19.99 here: www.europauniversalis4.com/buy
New Unit Packs, the Evangelical Union Unit Pack and Catholic League Unit Pack, are available for purchase at $1.99.

New Music Packs, the Songs of War Pack and Guns, Drums, and Steel Pack, are available for $1.99 and $2.49, respectively.

To learn more about Europa Universalis IV, visit www.europauniversalis4.com

The New Art of War Expansion for Europa Universalis IV is released today.

Perfect the Art of War in New Expansion for Europa Universalis IV Today

You Gotta Have Faith to Conquer the Most Detailed Map Ever

STOCKHOLM — October 30, 2014— Paradox Interactive today released “Art of War,” a new expansion for the award-winning grand strategy game Europa Universalis IV, for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs. In what could be the largest expansion DLC in Paradox history, Art of War includes a broad selection of updates and features for Europa Universalis IV starring the most detailed and historically accurate map in Paradox’s strategic titles to date. Hundreds of new provinces dot the globe as the masters of grand strategy cast their eye on new nations and history beyond Europe’s shores.

Marvel at the size of Art of War by viewing the launch trailer.

Alongside the release of Art of War, a massive, free patch with loads of new content has also been issued that all players of Europa Universalis IV can download and use. Details on what is available in patch 1.8 can be found here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?2032-1.8-Patchnotes-Paid-Free-New-Features&

"Sun Tzu said that it is best to win without fighting at all, but if one must fight, preparation is the key to victory," says Martin Anward, lead designer on Art of War. "With over nine hundred new provinces, over a hundred new nations and the addition of major religious wars that ravage a continent, preparation will be essential in the Art of War if you hope to guide your nation through four centuries of expanded, enriched gameplay and emerge as one of the winners of history."

Inspired by the passion and tragedy of the Thirty Years War, Art of War brings the military aspects of Europa Universalis IV into high relief by adding new military mechanics. New challenges await your empire, but new opportunities as well. If you are starved for manpower, why not turn your vassal into a March, and use its soldiers to buttress your own? Force the Holy Roman Empire to convert to Protestantism and undo centuries of tradition.

Art of War features include:
- Revamped Papal election and curia system
- Religious leagues in totally redone Reformation structure, to encourage religious conflict
- Hundreds of new provinces and dozens of new nations throughout game history
- New revolt system that traces general unrest
- Greater flexibility in managing and sharing fleets
- The creation of client states as a new form of subject ally
- Army construction template for easy rebuilding of destroyed forces

Art of War is available for $19.99 here: www.europauniversalis4.com/buy
New Unit Packs, the Evangelical Union Unit Pack and Catholic League Unit Pack, are available for purchase at $1.99.

New Music Packs, the Songs of War Pack and Guns, Drums, and Steel Pack, are available for $1.99 and $2.49, respectively.

To learn more about Europa Universalis IV, visit www.europauniversalis4.com

I'm a fan of Paradox games, but this one is $20 and that crossed my 'DLC cost threshold'. I'll have to wait until it goes on sale, hopefully for Christmas.

Well that is disappointing every part of series has been simplified a LOT.
First DLC spam and now streamlining of games to fit wider audience, they are turning slowly into EA so expect gay romance in their next game:).

Gay romance or not, HOI 4 is on my list, for real. I love Hearts of Iron.

But that might be interesting to finally see that alleged DeGaulle/Montgomery relationship. ;)

I'm a fan of Paradox games, but this one is $20 and that crossed my 'DLC cost threshold'. I'll have to wait until it goes on sale, hopefully for Christmas.
Well the DLC adds, and changes the following.

• Revamped Papal election and curia system
  • Religious leagues in totally redone Reformation structure, to encourage religious conflict
  • Hundreds of new provinces and dozens of new nations throughout game history
  • New revolt system that traces general unrest
  • Greater flexibility in managing and sharing fleets
  • The creation of client states as a new form of subject ally
  • Army construction template for easy rebuilding of destroyed forces
Still I agree for $20 it's not worth it, but this nothing new as Crusader Kings 2 had a few DLCs I thought wasn't worth the asking price also.

It has been a while since I updated the thread so here goes.:)

Up first Paradox launched a new DLC last moth for Crusader Kings 2 called Way of Life.

Choose who to seduce, which people to spy on, challenge characters to a duel, and much more in this new installment for the Crusader Kings II series that bolsters the role-playing elements of the acclaimed medieval dynasty simulator. Way of Life allows conquerors of all walks to further customize their methods of intrigue by offering 10 different Focuses that players can set for their characters. These, in turn, open up new options for diplomacy and events to participate in, allowing all sorts of wonders (and mischief) to befall characters during their lifetimes. Featuring hundreds of new events and over 20 new event pictures, Way of Life aims to breathe new life into the devilish demesne of Crusader Kings II.
They also released a new Video for Hearts of Iron IV about Military Technology.

Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio today released a new developer diary video for Hearts of Iron IV, the upcoming World War II strategy game for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs. The video features a visit to the “Arsenalen” museum of military vehicles in Sweden, where Hearts of Iron IV’s Project Lead, Dan Lind, invites eager commanders to join him on a tour of how different tanks were used to turn the tide of war – and how different nations pursued tactics of quality vs. quantity.

I didn't get Way of Life for CK2 (yet). From what I've read, it's very badly balanced, like it turns the game into a Cinemax late night movie where everybody is cheating on everybody, rulers with 20 bastards, women with 10 kids from 10 different men, etc. I'll wait for when I hear they patch it into reasonable levels before playing with it.

Supposedly this week they'll announce a new expansion for EU4. And I'm hoping they'll announce Victoria 3 next month in the next Paradox's convention.

Well some bad news from Paradox today they delayed Hearts of Iron IV.

Link- http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...Iron-IV-Developer-Diary-12-Internal-Politics&
Release Schedule

On to other important matters. As some of you on the forum have already guessed, we have decided to move the original Q1 2015 release target to late Q2 2015. Hearts of Iron IV is a very ambitious undertaking and we might have been a tad optimistic with the original date that was communicated.

Hearts of Iron IV is our most complex game with massive scale as well as a lot of systems and details you need to get right. It covers a modern period which puts a lot more requirement into the simulation accuracy and with our new focus of making sure all games we make are solid, playable, and a lot easier to get into with polished interfaces… well, its a lot of work to make it as good as we want it to be.

With the new schedule, I'm happy and confident with where we are now with the game and with it being one of our core titles there is not really any risk of any other delays. After the last spurt of work we did before Christmas for example we have really seen all the pieces fall into place.

I don't think that's bad news though.

I think making the interface polished like they did in EU4 helped a lot in getting me to actually play it.

When I bought EU2 originally, I thought, what the heck am I dong here...

Well gamers never think delays are bad and thats baffling sometimes.;)

Hopefully they don't pull the plug near the end of development like two other games last year. I really wanted to play Runemaster, and the East vs. West game.

Back
Top Bottom