PoE Load and save times

Pillars of Eternity

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
Is anyone else finding the loading of almost everything to take a long time. I went into a house that I was just in by mistake...loading. loading....only to turn around to go back out waiting and waiting.

As well since I am still exploring and getting use to everything I am saving often, which seems to be a real chore to me as well.

I didn't have any problems when I was playing the beta, but I have a SSD. What kind of drive do you have and how much RAM?

Laptop?

*Edit* Ah ok, I see you have an Alienware laptop. The recommended requirements are slightly higher than your system specs. That might be the issue with your load times.

Tbh, I'm a little surprised by the requirements for this game.

You might want to check the obsidian bug forum, there is a long thread about this issue, in the "technical support" forum.

To be more specific, it is the thread titled,
"Quick saving and loading times increased greatly after 20~ hours"
it has fallen off the first page so you might have to go to page 2 or 3 to find it.

Hmmm, yup, save/load times are indeed a bit of an issue for me. Both take a bit long, especially strange with smaller areas, like the inside of houses and such. It's not much of a problem (like some other things) but it is strange.

For the record, I am playing on a laptop and everything seems fine otherwise, except for the occasional bug and crash and the like.

Also, the times increase as you get further into the game. I had fairly long save/load times near the end, but now that I've started another party it's very fast again.

im 40h ingame and still it takes 2-3-4 sec to load just like in the beginning, and have many saves too 40-50 (and im on hdd )

I noticed load and quicksave times have increased a bit as well. Not much, but I did notice it after 77 hours.

I noticed load and quicksave times have increased a bit as well. Not much, but I did notice it after 77 hours.
I noticed the load times get longer as you play. Maybe the game stores data as you play in memory. I remember playing a few RPGs in the past that had the same problem.

Anyway I'm still enjoining the game despite a few problems with bugs.:)

Glad to hear it, Couch! I have put the game on the shelf (sadly) for a patch or 2. Now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with my gaming time now. :thinking:

You mean Planescape: Torment, Thrasher? I could play it now, but I'm not sure I want to get heavily involved in a massive game while waiting for a Pillars patch. Hmm, we'll see.

Just curious, but how many hours of gameplay can one expect from Torment? :thinking:

Just curious, but how many hours of gameplay can one expect from Torment?

I'd say a standard playthrough will take about 20 hours maybe a little less. If you are a completionist, and do everything it would probably add 10 more hours of gameplay.

So lets say around 25-35 hours as it was the shortest infinity engine game.:thinking:

Thanks, Couch! I figured Torment was an epic, massive Infinity Engine game with 100 hours of gameplay. :D

Thanks, Couch! I figured Torment was an epic, massive Infinity Engine game with 100 hours of gameplay. :D
It depends on how fast you read.
Yes and thats what makes it different than most RPGs as it was it was designed to provide a narrative, and story you wont forget. The following quote sums it all up.

"What can change the nature of a man?

So unlike most open world RPG games, and I hope Witcher 3 proves me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom