The Banner Saga - Linux & SteamOS Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Stoic released a new patch for The Banner Saga on Steam that brings with it a new Linux & SteamOS version of the game. So if you're interested here are the details.

We’re releasing a rather large update for The Banner Saga and it includes the Linux + SteamOS versions of the game. We know it took a while, but we had to do things the right way rather than rush anything out. We're also happy to be having a 50% off sale for the weekend to accompany this update!

We’re happy were the Linux + SteamOS turned out. We've tested primarily on SteamOS Beta and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. If you have any issues on your system, please contact us at help-linux@stoicstudio.com.

We are very pleased with the way the game feels when played with a gamepad. We tested with the primary 4 controllers: Xbox One, Xbox 360, Playstation DualShock 3, and Playstation DualShock 4. We also tested with a variety of generic gamepads. However, if you use an unrecognized controller, you still might be able to configure it when prompted by the game. If you do this successfully, please contact us at help-gamepad@stoicstudio.com so that we can incorporate your configuration into the game for everyone else.

The Steam Cloud saves will help ensure that your save games are more permanent and available for The Banner Saga 2. When you start the game for the first time, the game will automatically upload your old save games into the Steam Cloud.
More information.

I'm glad to see more and more games come to Linux every month, and I would like to see more games available on Linux at launch instead of a few months/years later.

The game was kind of a letdown… I expected more, it was pretty… simple, decisions almost didnt matter, I would say. Lets hope they improve it for the 2nd.

I LOVED this game. The art was beautiful and when a character meet an untimely death, it evoked actual emotion. That is something a game hasn't been able to do to me in a LONG time.

Back
Top Bottom